Sign in to follow this  
c8hau

9x16 Hope they will fit ok?

hey guys,

Well its show season coming soon so I have ordered some phat alloys, they are Brock B2's with the polished rim. The size is 9x16 all round with a 30mm Offset, they did a 15 mm offset but I think they would have stuck out too much, my only prob is my mate reckons the wheels will catch the calipers without spacers, is this true? Anyone put these wheels on there C before? cheers!

30mm offset, thats not enough matey, ive got borbet A's 9x16's on my rad and there et 15 and this sets the just right although i have to mention even with this offset they are really close to the coilovers (i have the same kind as you) so i dont think et 30 is gonna fit at all. As far as clearing the calipers you should be fine my rims clear the G60 brakes and they're 280mm

Oh god thats not good! i had a set of these on my mk3 though they were fine, looks like its gonna have to be some 5mm spacers, not much I can do at the minute my mate has them on a pallet in Germany :?

Finally got them through and stuck them on yesterday, only a quick pick from my phone but better ones will be posted soon!

I managed to change the order so they are 9x16 et 15 with 215/35/16 dunlops, it needs lowering now!

what do you guys reckon?

change the tyre width from 215 to 205 or your going to be scraping the tyre like f**k, unless you plan some arch work

Got some better pics? I do like a nice bit of Brockoli.

ET15 is pretty major for a VR6.....it's normally 43! I hope the ride doesn't suffer too much.

not sure about sticking 205's on there! the 215 stretch across enough as it is. i have a bit of room to play with anyway as I have the 215/35's. i had a set of 215/40's on my old Golf and that did catch a bit!

the drive doesn't seem to be affected too much but it needs winding down a bit on the front, I will post more/better pictures after the bank holiday! : :D

change the tyre width from 215 to 205 or your going to be scraping the tyre like f**k, unless you plan some arch work

I think putting 205 on a 9" alloy is pushing it. I have 215 and they are really stretched, I don´t think you can avoid arch work with ET 15 rims anyway.

c8hau: Looking good 8) 215/35 is real brave, just watch out for speedbumps and holes in the ground :)

Everyone that i know who had 205 their tyres have been untouched, mine have been shredded like cheddar cheese! with bits stringing off every other time i drove it :(

i got 205's not a prob also depending on the coilovers u may be running even with et 15 u may need a spacer to clear the strut??? jope all goes well

ive seen 195 successfully running on 9" wheels,,,,205 is quite the norm tbh

well here are some more pics, they are not the best, dodgy sunlight and a cack camera, will try to get some better ones when the funds allow for a new camera!

Schnellfahrer -- cheers, I have been watching them potholes!

I have attached some pics of my motor when I first bought it- maybe an idea to move tis to the members gallery?

Tell me what you guys reckon? I think it needs knocking down a touch on the front but think the splitter will catch even more + the arches are standard at the moment!

ive always liked these wheels, personally would have gone smaller at the front,,,but they look really really good, nice one

this is looking very nice and has just become one of my favorite C's 8)

Did you have the seats and cards trimmed in leather? It looks brand new!!!

Cheers for the comments, I just need to stick a Rieger grill on there before Inters and I will be happy!

FurkiG60- I was going to go 7.5 on the Front but I did it on my old Golf so fancied a change!

Phil K - I bought a leather interior including door cards but the front 2 seats were not in the best condition so I got my cloth ones retrimmed and sold the dodgy leather ones, there is a slight colour mismatch but I reckon with time it will be ok!

I like the wheel design but the not the way they sit on the car.

Watch out for those kerbs....especially as the rims stick out further.

Mate thats looks stunning.. 9's all round look sweet.. some very nice mods..

Hey bro very nice vr6 u got at the moment i love them brocks!!!! and the color too of the vr!!!! how is the ride with them wheels on??? cos im thinking of getting a set???? how much they set u back????

anyways excellent car!!! philip.