Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Changed all the LEDs in the electric window switches to red, started to open up the sunroof switch then realised I'd run out of LEDs! Carried on opening up the switch and bust it anyway... Good thing that a)my sunroof doesn't work, and b)it was a spare switch! Took me less than half an hour to do four switches, anyone want theirs doing? ;)

me! me! me! me! me! me! pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!!!!

I already asked :( Me first!! :D

ok, ok!.... calm down!.... let him choose who's gets done first!!!

hey gradeafailure, honey, i'll pay you iwith ice cold Bud's......... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! :wink:

Heheh, only kidding. On a more serious note, was going to attempt it meself. Looks pretty do-able, provided you get the right LED's and have a fairly steady soldering hand.

LED's are available from http://ultraleds.co.uk/ and Dub Design Industries if you fancy a crack.

i'd love to give it a go but realistically i know i would end up causing serious damage to car or self... prob both.... :D

Get some spare switches from a breaker, or ebay and practice - my plan anyways! That way yer car doesn't suffer :)

Guys, get yr LEDs from Maplins - 12p each! Non-12V for the window/sunroof switches (resistors are inbuilt on the pcb), 12V for the dash switches as they're normally ordinary bulbs. Or, you can prise out the green filtering from the switch (dash switches only) and change it for red - which I'll be doing this weekend hopefully. I'm more than happy to do switches for people if you really want, just PM me...

Anyways... today, I have been mostly attempting to fix my jammed heater controls (failed slightly, ah well), fitting a red cigarette lighter (and having to solder in a new bulb in the holder, bit fiddly!), and fitting some chromed bolts for my steering wheel - muchas blingness!

Oh, and booked my car in for a full, the-works, valet next Friday, in time for Inters. Yes it's cheating, no I don't care! ;):p

took her for her first real drive. Took on and embarased an s type jag :D up a hill. :D :D is 22mpg a realistic indication of what I am to expect??? :(

Yesterday - replaced the tired alternator with one from a scrappy.

Today - looked at it out of the window and hoped it would start when required for a change.

Guys, get yr LEDs from Maplins - 12p each! Non-12V for the window/sunroof switches (resistors are inbuilt on the pcb), 12V for the dash switches as they're normally ordinary bulbs. Or, you can prise out the green filtering from the switch (dash switches only) and change it for red - which I'll be doing this weekend hopefully. I'm more than happy to do switches for people if you really want, just PM me...

18P For 12v led's from maplins code CJ66 8)

only had 4 in stock so i'll order more via the web , enough to make a start

ok i did the led's in the dash switches , which werent too bad to do except the fog lights and rear heated window ones , they are a bit of a pain to put back together (the springy bullet things ) :-(

looks good i just need some lower voltage led's for the window switches 1.87v , ordered some off maplins 10p each

dont forget the short leg is the negative on led's :-)

I'll let gradeAfailure know as he's very kindly offered to do mine for me! Hopefully my spare set of dash clocks should be here next week so I can start getting creative with those too. Yay, red!

Errr, gradeAfailure already knows...! ;) Heheh...

Today, oi have mostly been getting hot and sweaty trying to get a dizzy at the scrappy (failed), and getting hot and sweaty swapping a set of wheels over in double-quick time (succeeded)!

Anyone know of a scrappy near them breaking a Seat Toledo, around N/96, with aircon (or even without)? Despeartely need the heater control panel...

Tomorrow oi will be doing more interior switches and inhaling copious amounts of solder fumes; mmmm, cancer - beats smoking... ;)

Took mine out for a spin this evening and the brand new power steering belt has twisted itself whilst still on the pulleys!? and semi-shredded to boot. :(

Is there a difference between the Corrado pas belt and a MK2 gti one?I did think it was kind of small when it was fitted.:roll:

finally got round to changing my sticky thermostat and the blue & yellow sensor today...onto the next one on my list lol

Put new new wheels on, changed headlight bulbs back to the nice day light ones that the MOT center wouldn't pass it with, washed it, tuned steering wheel anticlockwise a notch to get it to sit straight, and drove round the block a couple of times grinning :D

It's great to have her home 8)

Fixed me offside main beam, as it decided it wanted to throw a strop a few weeks ago. Didn't realise there was another bank of 3 fuses from a BRM headlight loom hidden behind the battery! Fuse change, sorted :D Nice.

Managed to get my Passat W8 light to mount properly, and the panel to sit sturdy. Just need to make up some side masks for the gap I had to create and I'll post some pics. Oh also started on the road to "red" by changing the cigarette lighter surround. Next week the fun starts with the ramps... bring it on :twisted: :D

Changed the fuel filter. Didnt think it would make any difference but seems to have a touch more pull and be a little smoother. The old one was really old from the look of it. Also fitted a new fog light bulb.