Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

still trying to run her in, so far

the oil temp went up to 140 so i moved the new cooler

the new crank oil seal has failed covering my new cambelt in oil :(

the new t/stat housing started leaking

oil temp still 140 move oilcooler again

new camshaft oil seal fails covering cambelt numer 2 in oil :(

tryed setting the timing again unplug blue sender and the exhaust manifold starts glowing :cry:

recheck timing marks all spot on

manifold still glowing

check charging 13.5v from cold but 12v hot and 9.5v with fan running new alternator ordered :(

Re-fitted the oil catch tank, checked fluids, pootled down to hellfrauds for some shampoo then gave her a quick wash. Saw a nice mk1 Caddy on teledials outside Halfords in Chester.

that caddy belongs to one of the guys on the audio counter in halfords who is a mate of mine, if you ask to speak to Mark on the audio counter ask him if you can have a look at his project folder which he keeps under the counter, he has documented all of the rebuld and its quite amazing what he has done to it, he is also the guy who owns the powder blue mk1 golf g60 on mims that was on the front of PVW a few years ago, i am sewing the rear cargo net for the caddy at the moment.

Repairing my chin spoiler as I'm fed up with the huge split either side

Repairing? Is that with solvent glue? I would like to do mine also.

Have access to a lift in work and was working on the C last night putting new top mounts in & one of the guys working there asks " so Rob, what are you doing to it today? " :roll:

Repairing my chin spoiler as I'm fed up with the huge split either side

Repairing? Is that with solvent glue? I would like to do mine also.

I used mesh and fibreglass on the back to give strength, then plastic filler in the cracks.

Ive just spent about the last 5 hours cleaning out the wheel arches and cleaning underneath the bonnet and along the bottom of the car...

What a thankless task but its done now at least :)

Have access to a lift in work and was working on the C last night putting new top mounts in & one of the guys working there asks " so Rob, what are you doing to it today? " :roll:

sounds like a chufty mate

Fitted a replacement set of clocks to see if it's my clocks that are goosed, thankfully these work, so the looms ok. Also fitted the shift weight I've had knocking about for months but only just got the bolt for. Think I need new front topmounts though... :(

well after 3 years of searching, i have finally got a 5th BBS RC alloy wheel, bought it off e-bay brand new with centre cap for a bargain £42 inc delivery. well chuffed

Discovered a new noise! :-( sounds like my front mount needs swapping again :roll: maybe if I fit a VAG one it will last longer than a year! :bad-words:

Finally got round to swapping out my grey dash for a unmarked black one and changing the heater matriz. What a pig of a job that is.. :shock:

Did give me a chance to sort out some of the wiring behind the dash and to get rid off some of the rattles. I hope :D

HAve also moved the starter button to the bottom of the steering cowling opposite the key and to delete the alarm fob as I never use it anyway.

Also butchered an early heater panal to neaten up my cupholder instal. Just need to find some where to fit the 12v outlet I bought so I can still charge my phone. Am thinking in the center consol just below the gearstick on the drivers side. 8)

Will crack on tommorow and post some picks in my gallery.

T

Not too bad. There is a slight mark on the top of it where something has been glued ti it at some point but as I was always planning to change it I never cleaned it and there is a very slight scrape on the side of the center consol.

I had to nick one of the supports off it as the black one I got had one missing. ( the bit that the clocks rest on). Also have all the footwell biuts and trays etc. :lol:

Fitted a hard drive and screen to keep the passenger happy....

Fitted some Infinity Kappa 42.7i speakers into my dash to replace the original tweeters.. just can't comprehend the difference in quality and punch that these give over the original items, though looking at the size of the speaker unit on the old ones versus the new ones its no wonder!

Only problem is that the tweeter on the driver side sits a little too tall to put the OE grille back over the top (because the mounting depths / shape of the dash is different on each side.. nice one VW!).. hmm... going to need some sort of cunning solution here!

changed the radio from a 7 year old JVC to a brand new alpine ida x001, mated to a 4gb usb memory stick, sounds so much better and looks fantastic.

I also washed it, cos' it was filthy after not being used for a bit

I've been on a mission for the past week getting stuff done. Now I've finished the Lysholm install. Finally (after a year!) got the methanol injection all set up and ready to go! Just need to fill it up and test it before actually plugging it into the intercooler and boost pipes!!! Fitted new spal fan and also Nology Hot Wires.!!

Also moved the battery to the boot and put in various distribution units and fuse systems to be extra careful!

Finally I also tidied up all the wiring under the engine bay, rewired parts of it where wires where looking tatty!!

Can't wait to check all the fluids in the morning and fire it up to hear that noise of the Lysholm. But leaving it until the morning just incase there is an issue. Going out tonight and want to go out excited about firing it up - not pissed because there was a problem!!!!

Fitted my new wheels and gave it a quick wash...

Going to have to fit some bigger brakes now though, the standard valver brakes look tiny behind 17s :(

Changed my oil pressure sensors in the car park at work.

Only had the one guy stop and ask if I was ok :lol:

i posted my topic in generaL lads chat....

ooops didnt know this existed but now i do!!!