Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

I bought a full set of Storm Black heated leather interior in great condition for a great price............great!

Spent 5 hours cleaning and polishing mine.

A red rado that hasn't seen polish for 6 months is fun! I had to polish the wing mirrors, roof, spoiler and bonnet 3 times, and both bumpers twice, luckily everything else was fine with just one coat. After doing all that, and applying numerous coats of back to black on certain parts, it then decided to rain :mad2:

I didnt even get chance to gloss it, or do the interior. So after work tomorrow it'll get a gloss covering or 2, and the interior will be done. It looks bloody good though, only when you clean it you find all the imperfections in the paintwork :(

back to black on certain parts, (

thats like slapping ghod in the face (sprry im bery drunk) dot use back to blackj. its li9ke a poison to any b;lack parts on your car!!"""""!!!!

fitted my front brake discs and pads today,..b=veyr drunk now, tihnink ive been working too hard on mty car.

back to black on certain parts, (

thats like slapping ghod in the face (sprry im bery drunk) dot use back to blackj. its li9ke a poison to any b;lack parts on your car!!"""""!!!!

? Is that coz of the streaks it leaves on yer paint after you spent ages waxin' the damn thang... :elephant:

God i was drunk when i wrote that last message. I just think back to black doesn't do any favours for your cars trim. I think waxes work better.

Sorted my freshly painted polo gti rear calipers and hoses yesterday. Got a lovely long pedal as a reward. Think I will just take it to a garage for a complete brake fluid change as bleeding this corrado system is sooo much harder that the old mk2.

Car Failed MOT :( So it relieved of £180 for 2 brand new 205/40/17 Eagle F1's and £11.75 for 2 Strut top mounts from ECP (Bargain or what)

Yesterday it passed it's MOT..... :notworthy: :clap: Yay!!!!

Finished spraying the rack, yet to take pics though.

Put Ron's spare heart up on it's engine stand:

onstand.JPG[/attachment:fxpriz1o]

Removed the interior to give the carpets and seats a proper clean, and removed the front bumper ready to take the intercooler off for a clean, but also stood back and thought to myself "god I love my car" 8)

experimented a bit this weekend. Blue and yellow caliper paint mixed to make lime green calipersicon_cool.gif

I had my car MOT'd and it passed! God knows how, but it did, and I just wanted to tell everyone! Whats even better is my mate's '52 plate Vectra failed to the tune of £900 last month. Ha!

A well chuffed Waz

a bit delayed i know but this was over the weekend

Gave it a major clean, t-cut and wax and then degreased to engine bay in prep for the shiney inlet manifold to go on.

Refited the stereo as it wasn't seated correctly.

replaced my door mirror after some idiot kicked it off,

changed the oil and fitted new HT leads......

Rain X'd the windows

she is sweet as a nut, just get her through the MOT tomorrow!

experimented a bit this weekend. Blue and yellow caliper paint mixed to make lime green calipersicon_cool.gif

That looks cool.... Might have to rethink my idea of white calipers....

That looks cool.... Might have to rethink my idea of white calipers....

It looked cool! However upon drying it went kind of a snottier green - although I prefer it, that lime would have been a bit too loud, subtle snot might look better icon_dwarf.gif

Fixed my headunit so the gremlins were gone. Now can listen to a cd without it cutting out 50 times.................. :clap: ...

Picked up my new door locking pins for £2.30 each from VW and fitted them, not the door doesnt chlunk loudly any more!

09042008508.jpg

09042008509.jpg

09042008510.jpg

Got annoyed.

I have never felt so love/hate about ANY car, let alone a VW.

Never thought it would happen, tbh.

just fitted a new grille and badge!!! no more un sightly whole in the front of the car!!!

i ordered a new gasket for the inlet manifold, made sure they got the right one for a 1.8 16v and then they send me a

gasket for a VR6 :bad-words:

honestly euro car parts are rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fitted a new fuel pump which was a complete swine of a job. Dismantling the swirl pot thingy inside a tank full of petrol was not fun. Put it all back together eventually and was gratified when the old bus fired up at the first turn of the key.

Also fitted a new O-ring on my radiator elbow which was seeping a little. Good news is that it now stays dry. Bad news is that the elbow plastic itself is cracked around the steel bolt inserts. Hello Mr Gruven...

Tried to fit a pair of new washer jets only to discover that the "Topran" bits I got from GSF don't fit worth a f*ck (don't see how I can get them seated in the hole without bending metal or at least cracking the paint) and that I had heated jets on there anyway, doh! Hello Mr VW...

Sometimes I wonder whether I'm crazy not to chuck this old car lark and pick up something small, boring and new - with a warranty :D

Started fitting my Bahn Brenner Goodies :clap: 8mm HT leads on, and the RSR charger exhaust, took it for a blast and its way up in the 1800`s on boost now! so well chuffed as it still has a 78mm pulley on the charger? dont ask......the bloke who i bought it off had the charger refurbed but DIDNT want a smaller pulley! anyway a phone call tommorow will sort that :grin:

I must say it feels a bit more crisp on the throttle now? the old standard exhaust silencer box was definately leaking past the seals :censored: and wasting my stage 4 boost!

Im Gonna fit the 3 other Metal Bahn Brenner charger pipes and silicon hoses tommorow and see what effect, if anything? that has, if nothing else it will ensure the system is pretty air tight (or better than it is now with the plastic pipes and standard rubber hoses!) and amke my bay look a bit better

changed my cv joint, fitted new arb drop links and crushed my finger when a breaker bar slipped and trapped my finger. heart the bones crush near enough but not broken thankfully

Got new wing rubbed down and primed ready for sum paint aswell :)

Andy