Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

PS. does no-one else work on their C at this time of year? :scratch: :shrug:

yes, but I only managed to break stuff........ :mad2:

Finally got around to changing the fuel lines today. Not a moment too soon as the supply line was p!ssing fuel everywhere! :shock:

last night

removed all the old sound proofing under the bonnet and now just need to get some evo stick glue remover to get the glue off.....

Removed the headlining and cut a new one out of black leatherette

Sprayed the sun visors with plasticoat

Now need to sort out that bloody sunroof! Wish me luck!!!!!

think the sunroof is a lost hope....... :brickwall:

but last night the mrs hoovered the car out, i rewired all the standrad speakers (are they always kickers as standard) fitted a new sports steering wheel and on close inspection of the teeth on the steering wheel i took off no wonder i had so much play in the steering, instead of pointed they were round, the disadvantage of aluminium i suppose.

Polished the glass with ticut car polish, amazing stuff, i'd recommend it to everyone.

today/tomorrow will include

fitting my new headlining

new discs and pads,

new wheels

fit the polished inlet manifold after struggling with a damn bolt

clean up the block with some autosol,

paint the bonnet stay

so basically the to do list is massive!!

Kad's 49k engine went in today. Just fired it up-its running!!!!!

Had a slight issue with my buggered oil cooler pissing out oil everywhere but I nicked the one of my hubby's 24v :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Zed is alive :D :clap: :clap:

Yesterday prepped new smoked/red FK tails by getting rid of the chrome :gag: and painting them satin black 8)

Today, finished detailing and then fitted them:

_DSC8912.jpg[/attachment:7dd1psx3]

Well not quite done it ewt to the C today but I have sold my girlfriends Puma today so can finally order my Milltek this week, cant wait to get that on

Boost came over at 6pm and we did messed about with his spare KR:

_DSC8916.jpg[/attachment:2x4pdk0y]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf_DSC8978.jpg[/attachment:2x4pdk0y]

Yes, that's right, total engine stripdown in a leisurely 4 hours :cuckoo: :lol:

I hope you didn't get oil on the decking ..

:)

cleaned and polished the rear seats and armrest, took out the carpet to give it a good shampoo, tried and failed to sort out the shorting problem. Removed the centre console for cleaning and to put some felt pads in there. Took out screen washer bottle and cleaned the black crap out from inside. What a difference! Just need to remove the waxoyl from the outside and give it a clean.

Boost came over at 6pm and we did messed about with his spare KR:

_DSC8916.jpg[/attachment:2mfgqroj]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf_DSC8978.jpg[/attachment:2mfgqroj]

Yes, that's right, total engine stripdown in a leisurely 4 hours :cuckoo: :lol:

I hope you didn't get oil on the decking ..

:)

Shhhh! :eek: he might not have spotted it yet.

God that was fun :D

removed the non working spoiler mech..which suddenly decided to stop going up (went down ok)......whole thing.....after having to saw, bang with a hammer ansd prise out stupid spoiler screws that refused to move.....

Bl**dy wiring wrapped all round had to disconnect and cut some (spliced them back to gether later)

Replaced with new mech..............took it for a little run to see if working.........wha hey back to normal service.....missed my spoiler so much :luvlove:

Went to G-Werks, got a set of Weitec Hicon GTs fitted with VR6 topmounts by Darren, and I pranced around doing little jobs while the car was up in the air (and hence the underside was easy to get to!) :lol:

1) Checked out some brake disk scoring that Darren noticed, removed some grit and cleaned/re-copper-greased the caliper and pad backs

2) Replaced some rusty fittings between the front splitter and the 'lower front wheel arch liner bits'

3) Removed a rattly piece of exhaust heatshield that was protecting the PAS lines, and wrapped the downpipe there as alternative insulation

4) Gave Darren a hand with removing the trim for the rear top mounts.

(Forgot to push the piston back out on the caliper I'd cleaned, so when I took the car for a drive on the new suspension, the first press of the brake pedal hit the floor :shock: "oh cr@p!" but the second press did the trick... not clever when you are rolling downhill towards traffic at a T-junction) :oops: :roll: :bonk:

But the end result was this:

_DSC9025.jpg[/attachment:1a5kgkr1]

Loving the drive, loving the look :luvlove: :grin:

^ Nice.......I spent the morning removing my rear spoiler, after it got stuck up in France 2 weeks ago i thought i better see why :shrug:

Anyway, stripped it out in 20 minutes without any problems or breakages! which was a bonus! i was dreading doing it to be honest after reading some horror stories but it was a piece of

Stripped and cleaned and checked all electrics (expept one :brickwall: ), spot on, found the problem as to why it stopped working was a completely jammed solid cable in the left hand tube, took a beating from a hammer, vice and maul grips and a liberal use of wd40, oil and swearing and now its as free as a bird

re assemble and tested........goes up as smooth as silk now on the switch or at speed, it creaked and groaned before so i guess it was the cable jamming up inside the tube....but the only problem is......... it still wont go down either on switch or after you drop below 10mph :brickwall: i think its the "down" micro switch, its the only thing i never "proved" to be working :brickwall:

So when my spare complete mech i bagged me :wink: gets here sometime this week, i shall do the whole thing again! and try to sort it once and for all! i might even take a load of pics to do a guide on whats involved? might be of use as every search i have done re spoilers and repair brings up patchy info and people saying "use the search" :brickwall: the vortex thread has the pictures unavailable now so it might be time for a new one :camp: :camp:

Good idea, thought it was pretty easy to sort out...apart from jammed screws................. :)

just changed my left hand side outer cv boot which had split and splattered grease all over the inside of my newly re-furbed BBS's :censored: , i only changed all of them a few months ago so i blamed the split on a dodgey boot, but it turned out to have been torn open by a rabbit :lol: i hit one a couple of days ago and it looks like it got revenge by wrapping itself around the cv boot :pukeright:

I think i have now got the hang of doing the cv boots as it only took me 30 minutes 8)

^ you sure it wasnt a were rabbit? :lol: pesky rabbits used to be the bain of my life with my mk1 gti front duckbill :bad-words:

why do animals run into the road from the relatively safe haven of a raised grass bank behind a fence into the path a 1 ton car :shrug:

Replaced all 3.5mm and 4mm vacuum hoses on the car today, including the dreadful, tedious dcu vac line! I went from a mercury per inches of 12-14 in/hg to 15-16 in/hg at idle, stock cam, stock g-lader pully, and automatic transmission. :tongue:

^ you sure it wasnt a were rabbit? :lol: pesky rabbits used to be the bain of my life with my mk1 gti front duckbill :bad-words:

why do animals run into the road from the relatively safe haven of a raised grass bank behind a fence into the path a 1 ton car :shrug:

a bit :offtopic: i was thinking of putting little stickers down the doors so i could make a tally of the various critters i have hit especially in my van :lol: , i set off at 5am to go to work and it seems like most animals reactions are even slower at that time of the morning, especially pigeons, pheasant, and rabbits, they just sit there seemingly oblivious to the van heading towards them and you can guarantee if you swerve they swerve the same way :cuckoo:

I usually manage to avoid the stationary ones with the van as they usually just freeze so you can drive over them without harm, but the corrado is a bit lower :(

Its the ones that jump out of the hedgerows just as your passing that usually end up as road kill, in the last couple of years they have cost me 2 grills, 2 windscreens, 1 mirror, 1 headlight and now a cv boot

a bit :offtopic: i was thinking of putting little stickers down the doors so i could make a tally of the various critters i have hit especially in my van :lol: , i set off at 5am to go to work and it seems like most animals reactions are even slower at that time of the morning, especially pigeons, pheasant, and rabbits, they just sit there seemingly oblivious to the van heading towards them and you can guarantee if you swerve they swerve the same way :cuckoo:

I usually manage to avoid the stationary ones with the van as they usually just freeze so you can drive over them without harm, but the corrado is a bit lower :(

Its the ones that jump out of the hedgerows just as your passing that usually end up as road kill, in the last couple of years they have cost me 2 grills, 2 windscreens, 1 mirror, 1 headlight and now a cv boot

and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeeee!

sounds more like hunting than it does like driving...you know vehicles are intended for your driving pleasure and not meant to be used with deadly intentions?!

Left it with Vince to get this mapped.

Shame it took me 4 hours to get home though. I hate pubic (sic) transport!