Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Finally fitted my black boot carpets

Removed seats ready to fit black interior carpets

Thought about removing dash and a,b & c pillar plastics ready to fit new black ones(going to have to pysch myself up for that one)

Removed 17 years worth of gunk from the engine bay actually quite tidy underneath.

Lost my temper trying to remove rear calipers :censored:

Last couple of weeks fitted group-buy Revotec fan and CrazyDave bracketry, stripped, cleaned and re-assembled spoiler mech so that now works again with a 10amp fuse, was blowing 15's - the previous owner (11 years ago) had obviously upped the fuse rate!!!! Replaced number plate bulb in prep for MOT in Aug. Still need to change front discs, adjust handbrake cables, and replace front tyres.

I guess today will be a brake day after sorting tyres online and checking out insurance for 1st Aug! :gag:

Yesterday washed car, changed front discs (passenger caliper carrier bolts were feckers!!) - adjusted handbrake cables, fixed the centre tunnel where the rear screw fixes through from the rearash tray (hurrah for chemical metal!) - fitted a new(ish) momo gear knob and tidied up the ally handbrake cover. 8)

I changed a water flange as it was leaking a teeny bit of water and also changed the header tank for a nice, new, clean one :D

started cleaning up and smoothing the cylinder head chambers, a s l o w process

Last night removed a,b and c pillar plastics and removed the dash. O my god what have i done! :help: Given up on rear calipers for now although have some nice shiny mk4 golf ones to go on :grin:

I drove it!!! :grin: first time since i've owned it, feels good to be back in a corrado. havn't tested the handling yet because its still on standard shocks and springs so its like a boat, can't wait for coilovers now!

Put her back together today. All went better than expected. So i now have nice black carpets,dash,A,B and C pillars. Having a much deserved beer. :norty:

fitted the Audioscapes and gave them a bit of a polish. Greased up the passenger window mechanism as it was sounding a bit creaky. cleaned the doorcards (leather and vinyl) only pass side tho, and was it filthy. De-squeeked the steering lock shroud. No squeeks on turning now, thankfully.

fitted my new audi TT wipers

so i have gone from a pair of banana looking things that did not work at all :(

corrado013.jpg

to this

corrado025.jpg

ahh so much better :D

Good stuff millerman.

So the first pic are the standard blades just really bent? :lol:

Do the TT blades clip the side of the window or in the middle where they meet, when being used?

Fitted 3 new exhaust rubbers to the backbox.

Cleaned behind/around the petrol filler neck- the earth strap was still attached after 19 years! 8)

Good stuff millerman.

So the first pic are the standard blades just really bent? :lol:

Do the TT blades clip the side of the window or in the middle where they meet, when being used?

yer the std arms were s**t in there current form they just worked :D

yes the passenger side clips the bottom plastic so im gonna trim it but other than that works a treat

reckon its just a hacksaw job will take a few mins to sort

Finally cleaned her inside following my Audioscape/Amp fit last month.

Now she sounds AND looks beautiful inside.

This weekend, hopefully attack the outside, weather permitting. :lol:

got the cylinder head chambers in the head smooth and shiny, moved onto gasflowing and smoothing the inlet runners :dorky:

Well not strictly on the corrado, i stripped my spare inlet manifolds down and took the rocker cover off my spare cylinder head (ebay bargain both manifolds and complete cylinder head with cams for £25) and took them down to the powder coaters.

Changed gearbox oil for Redline MT90 + a dollop of Molyslip.

Cleaned/trimmed the coil-block earth strap.

Well, yesterday actually.

Brilliant day, dry, sunny periods 21C, replaced worn aerial seal. £13.60 for part, plus 40 mile return trip.

We Corrado owners are bonkers!