Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Swapped the radiator without removing the slam panel or the bumper...

Took umpteen hours though.. but it's good to be back on the road!

Even if I still need to change a coolant tank... as VW gave me some wrong parts! Golf rad sensor and no coolant level sensor...

*Sigh*

At least my coolants gonna be very... "fresh"

Still need to sort the gearbox too, but need my rear brakes working for my mot this month as well!

Replaced the rusty door handle retaining screw and the rusty impact bar retaining bolt on the trailing edge of the door with nice stainless steel replacements. Parts supplied by GlosterOx on this forum. Minimum outlay and a ten minute job.

P9020037.jpg

P9020036.jpg

Not sure whether to post this in here or Kips members gallery but, posting on behalf of Kip...

Cut a bit of pipe lagging out the airing cupboard to hopefully stop a rattle in the nugget dash.... only to find the rattle is a screw loose so didn't need to chop the house up at all!" :scratch: :cuckoo:

got kinda "smoked" by a over styled ford something - well not really sure I got "smoked" but I yielded :)

Coming out of a roundabout I had seen this guy really hanging on close to the C, so I though f'k let's just floor it out of the roundabout - saw he floored it as well - but passing speeding limit of no more license I though f'k it let him "go" so changed into the other lane.

Actually thought I lost something from the car as I thought I heard some weired noice - turned out to be his dump valve....lol.......

well... a Cossie is a tough run!

haha, true - at least with a standard C - guess a Turboed Vr6 might have something else up it sleeve ;)

well... a Cossie is a tough run!

haha, true - at least with a standard C - guess a Turboed Vr6 might have something else up it sleeve ;)

Oh most definitely...

unless he decided to build a road-going Group A rally version, then you're well and truly "smoked"

fitted a tt seat :)

only one?

yea for now. gotta go to edition. broke the uppy downy handle though :(

Finally fitted my BMC cda, which I have had for about a year now. And also fitted a brand new cam cover, just need to get round to fitting all the other shinny bits I've got for the engine, but before then she needs a wash and polish.

fitted a tt seat :)

only one?

yea for now. gotta go to edition. broke the uppy downy handle though :(

:lol: nice technical term there

Fitted new lighter housing, fixed mirror switches, took passenger door apart to fix a rattle and fixed door light switch. Mirror switch was the best fix thanks to the helpful hints on here. Wash, polish and wax tomorrow.

Fitted a new rotor arm amongst ther bits and bobs. Whoever thought of glueing the little feckers in place should be shot! Ended up taking the dizzy off so I could hit it with things.

^ :lol: :lol:

Amp'ed my door speakers and fitted some nice tweeters in the top of the door pods :D 8)

Fitted my Corrado mat set 8)

Oh and also looked at removing the bump strips, only to find a monumental patch of rust on the passengers arch - gave up and walked away :D Still - got a cup of tea out of the water in the kettle I had boiled in preparation! :clap:

Thoroughly cleaned the passenger side door well and internal hinge area with elbow grease, jet steamer and Swarfega... (slowly cleaning my way round car tho)... Other side next week pending weather.