Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

put in two diode rear blinking bulbs. Works a treat flashing orange on my red tinted rear lights.

Cheers,

Orangeblinkingfox.

Went and recycled a mk3 moon roof from the scrappys, now to wait for a dry couple of hours to fit lol

You,ll be waiting a wee while i think Good Luck:salute:

You,ll be waiting a wee while i think Good Luck:salute:

Funny enough it hasn't rain here all day ? And the mk3 golf moon roof is in and fully functional ! I have a sun roof yeah!!

Fitted an uprated loom on the VRT. About the 1st job ever on a corrado that I haven't hit a load of problems doing. I felt like I had missed something when it took 15 minutes and all worked ok!

Washed it on impulse. Then polished it. Then got a bit obsessed and waxed it. Then tracked down a really annoying rattle that has been there a few weeks... It turned out to be the locking wheel but socket that I had left in the rear ashtray for safe keeping :D

Removed 6 knackered Bosch "Super" 4 plugs and replaced with 6 shiny NGK's. Never felt so much difference in an engine from fitting a set of plugs, (and i've worked on Fords).

Applied some gtechniq C5 to the wheels. Will see how it copes with the muck off the roads. Not the easiest thing to apply as you cant see where youve done it and havent.

Applied some gtechniq C5 to the wheels. Will see how it copes with the muck off the roads. Not the easiest thing to apply as you cant see where youve done it and havent.

Gaz, ive done that to mine too. It beads OK so far but im not sure its worth the cost.

---------- Post added at 9:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:56 PM ----------

new exhaust fitted today.... and lots of drool dribbled/ photos taken!

How long has it been since you applied it Chris?

I agree it doesnt seem cheap, BUT if it does last 6-12 months and really does stop brake dust and dirt from attaching to the wheel then i think it'll be worth it. I used poorboys wheel sealant before that and it was ok, but tar and some dirt spots still managed to "stain" the wheel. Which has washed off put took some elbow grease. Plus the wax needs applying once a month for it to be really effective - i cant be bothered with that.

Cleaned off the corrosion on the battery terminal and coated with Vasaline. Then polished off all the crap acquired from the Saturday run up to Oxford. Rain stopped play...

fitted 2 front to back brake lines and passenger side brake line.... took about 30 minutes plus the time it took to bleed the system up.

one more off the MOT list!

Today I started my Corrado just to keep everything sweet, GOD I want my Rado back on the road, what a Fcuking lovely noise!

Last evening I stuck my head under the bonnet to check something. Noticed a bit of grime and casually wiped it away. Then another bit. And another. An hour later I'd cleaned most of the easily reachable parts of the engine and underbonnet. Not to the standard of most of you guys of course but it certainly looks a little more presentable.

Removing stubborn grease... yet another use for WD40 :D

Today I locked my keys inside my car whilst parked in the Paddock at Oulton Park and learned that Corrados are very secure and managed to defeat all-comers who dare tried to break in without damage between races. In the end I admitted defeat and took the 80 mile round trip home and back to get the keys. Thanks very much for the lift Bob.

Thankfully I took all my racing clobber out before shutting my keys back in.

Edited by LRWMotorsport
Remove duplication

Finally bled the brakes after trying for ages, top tip if you replace the front calipers press the piston in !! i got loads of air out, you live and learn.

Fixed my spoiler motor, well yesterday but who's counting... Fingers crossed no blown fuses as of yet!

found the oil return part i need thanks to some suprise help from edition, after the hastle with the shallow sump

As the weather is marvalous i decided to have a go at repairing the rust under the metal of the number plate lights. So far ive rubbed back the metal cover and primeded it. Ive put some rust hammerite rust treatment gel on spot of rust. Will sand it back and prime.

Does anyone know if the number plate lights can be disconnected, they're in the way really?

Pushed my welding skills to the max tonight to stop my heat shield from rattling against my CAT..

[ATTACH]68467[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68468[/ATTACH]

I'm no pro... :-) but its done the job!

Does anyone know if the number plate lights can be disconnected, they're in the way really?

Yes they can. From the inside you need to disconnect the wiring and I think as long as the metal cover is off they should just come out :)

Sent from my HTC One X

Yes they can. From the inside you need to disconnect the wiring and I think as long as the metal cover is off they should just come out :)

Sent from my HTC One X

cheers ollie :D however ive finished what i was doing, managed by moving them from one side to the other or putting it up by the rear wiper. i know for next time though :D

Yesterday I greased the bonnet cable, the bonnet catch and springs and the sunroof. Then it was such a good evening I took it for a loveley summers evening hoon. Perfect :)