Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

spray painted fuel filter bracket and fitted new fuel filter with new jubillee clips, went out for a quick drive before rain arrived

noticed my rear offside shock is leaking, oh well, gonna take it off the road when my tax runs out at the end of the month and totally rebuld the rear axle and brakes, have to see if i can stretch to a rear anti roll bar and kw's at the same time...

Cleaned and shining, fluids all topped up nicely, replaced the wheel bearing (with the ABS plate inserted this time...) but then split the CV. Restart again next weekend...

i took of my rear discs re drilled them to 5x112 and tapped them so i can fit my splits without adapters :clap:

Fitted new rotor arm and distributor cap. Started it up for the first time in 20 months!

Ordered some Bonrath top caps and OE front wheel bearings for mine. Intrigued to see how much difference it makes to the handling. Going on next week.

Lubricated the Spoiler Mechanism as per the CCGB Guide - Definitely seems better!!

Ian.

link please? :o

Adjusted the timing after fitting a "new" 130000km old distributor. No timing light, but I knew it was almost correct after inserting it. So advanced a bit, went for a test, and repeated. Runs really nice now for a change! :clap:

Will hook up a timing light sometime soon and check it out. Maybe I can advance it even more, but don't dare before I know how "bad" it is atm.

replaced air filter, and found an oil leak :( seems to be coming from the dizzy...will fix that when i change the oil and the oil filter

Managed to remove the glue residue from under the bonnet (where the sound deadening foam used to be). Took a couple of hours and a combination of ice scraper, Desolv-it, white spirit and immense elbow grease :lol: Glad it's done- been meaning to do for months, but couldn't face it!

Managed to remove the glue residue from under the bonnet (where the sound deadening foam used to be). Took a couple of hours and a combination of ice scraper, Desolv-it, white spirit and immense elbow grease :lol: Glad it's done- been meaning to do for months, but couldn't face it!

Yeah been there done that mate was a real pain too but i wish i hadnt bothered and just stuck the new stuff over the top as the adhesive is phenomenal on the new bits too :lol: ah well we live & learn but i guess if you aren't replacing it you need to get it all off :brickwall:

Did you drop off the bits with Dave mate? will sort payment too!

My driver door key on my new VR didn't fit the lock so dismantled all the little brass piece's and re-jiggered it, felt like I was trying to crack a safe :lol:

All working fine now :clap:

Finally fitted dynamat to both front doors, replaced the leaky passenger door membrane, and lubed up the passenger door handle mech, before it broke.

did a proper seats out hoover from boot to cabin.

found £2.30 and a nearly new incredible hulk pencil :grin:

Spent the afternoon out in the sunshine cleaning and polishing inside and out.

Removed red and clear in-pro rear lights and fitted some original lights with a red top tint and a high gloss lacquered finish.

Fitted some passat rear door handles and latches (cheers chiller1) and also fitted some genuine vw latch covers.

Really happy with the end results and as a bonus the passat latches have child locks which will come in very handy when my little un is up front.

Next. :salute:

Edited by G60_Marc

Fitted new top mounts on the front, repaired the power steering bracket for what seems like the :censored: ing 10th time :lol:

Next. :salute:

Got inspired and started to pull apart the interior on the 16v. Had the seats out, the centre tunnel up and written up a list of new clips and bolts I need to actually put stuff back together properly. The rear door card (which has never sat in place properly) was only being held in by 4 of the 5 clips and two of those were mashed and mangled beyond use.. no wonder it's never sat in place properly.

Was quite cathartic actually seeing what was wrong with interior bits and what was needed to sort it out :)