Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

As I've been having a bit of a problem with stuttering when cold ...

I n..n..n..know..w..w..w..what you mean

Did a compression test

so did I, looks like the old 8v lump is very healthy after all, excellent, even and high compression on all cylinders not bad on a 160K totally original engine.

think my little issues are down to the lambda, it's MOT passable but was wavering about a bit on the MOT gas analyser, lambda wasn't dead steady and the CO wandered about, so def putting a new one in now.

top mounts are sha99ed and one track rod end has a bit of play, few more jobs on the to-do list.

Is there a regular like monthly meet or anything like that, or does someone just spontaneously post a thread

There is a regular meet "Dub Preservation" @ Sherburn in Elmet - Squires Cafe. 1st Thursday of each month - 19.00hrs.

See - http://www.dub-preservation.co.uk/index.html

Last time I went mine was the only C, probably 20 other dubs.

It'll be a little dark after Sept.

Loadsa bikes - it is a bikers' venue really

Not a Corrado, but does stripping my Corsa count?

The interior is all out, apart from drivers seat, lots of exterior parts out, and they're all laid out on the dining room floor waiting for someone to collect them or buy them or be posted out.

Only splitting it though, not breaking, so I'm putting it back to standard.

There is a regular meet "Dub Preservation" @ Sherburn in Elmet - Squires Cafe. 1st Thursday of each month - 19.00hrs.

See - http://www.dub-preservation.co.uk/index.html

Last time I went mine was the only C, probably 20 other dubs.

It'll be a little dark after Sept.

Loadsa bikes - it is a bikers' venue really

Yeah I've been to Squires before, went on Jap night so lots of turbos the size of the moon :lol:

I used to drive from Leeds to the airfield at Sherburn when I was doing my night flying licence, so could always see the bikes on the way back.

Is there a regular like monthly meet or anything like that, or does someone just spontaneously post a thread

Why did I suddenly think Formaldehyde??

bled full brake system again, only tiny bubbles out but pedal feels better.

288 brake conversion, mt-90 gearbox oil change, replaced headlights for some nice H4 ebay ones, replaced engine to battery earth :clap:

Helped ( a little) CrazyDave take the engine out and carted it off in the back of his car :shock:

What I did to my Corrado today...

- Paid for it. Well, not quite... the money is all in my account now that I've sold a few bits of my old car and got this months money through into my account. Just need to give that money to Billcor sometime this week.

- Insured it. Well, again, not quite... I spent most of the day on insurance websites and ringing round, it's all a very complex situation regarding NCBs and my current car/policy and the corrado and everything else... but I've now got a confirmed quote, in writing, that I'm prepared to pay. Just have to wait until office hours on Monday to pay for it. Perhaps it'll be the most expensive quote ever paid on this forum, but then I am surely one of the youngest on here.

go on then, how much and how old? :)

I'm 20. Will be 21 at the end of August, after the policy has started.

It's just about sub £1700... with 0 NCB. I have it in writing that when I add my 2 NCB in September (when my current policy on the current car runs out), I'll get most of the difference refunded (the difference NOW between 0 NCB and 2 NCB is £306.20)

And that's with everything declared, including honest use and mileage.

Sure I put my parents on as named drivers and took a high voluntary excess to drop the price, but neither of those is illegal, unlike the fronting that a lot of people my age seem to be doing.

Just to put it into perspective, last year, I paid £2014 on a (modified, but no performance mods) 1248cc DIESEL vx corsa, this is a 2.9 litre 6 cylinder modified petrol.

Helped ( a little) CrazyDave take the engine out and carted it off in the back of his car :shock:

Is yours poorly then?

Today I fitted some nice OEMish looking Dubpower HT leads, and got rid of the wanky Magnecors, and refitted my ECU after it went for a day out in Worcestershire. :D

Is yours poorly then?

Thankfully no , this was the breaker that CazzaVR and I have been slowly dismembering. First engine removal I've seen, suprised how little cussing there was :wink:

Is yours poorly then?

Thankfully no , this was the breaker that CazzaVR and I have been slowly dismembering. First engine removal I've seen, suprised how little cussing there was :wink:

Aaaah. Excellent! Just use a tractor, makes everything easy :)

go on then, how much and how old? :)

I'm 20. Will be 21 at the end of August, after the policy has started.

Same here :D

paying just (about 4p) under a grand for the G60

Paint my break calipers Red. Washed, polished my car and put compound on to get some odd scratches out. Worked a treat. Put my new floor mats in. Polished my wheels.

Again, not a Corrado, yet, but here's what I did to my car today:

22095612.jpg

adjusted handbrake cable, tinted lenses on front lights, washed and went for first drive in 3 months... everything is loads tighter now, well pleased :D

Guessing you lost the locking wheelnut or it rounded out, and now you're forcibly removing the wheel....? :(