Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Took the car up to Dave16v this morning along with my aerial cable.

The back half was easy enough, getting the head unit out proved to be a bit tricky but not half as tricky as finding the route the aerial cable took and trying to remove it.

In the end Dave cut the cable as close to the bulk head as possible and pulling the remaining wire out.

Anyway, I now have a working radio :clap: so thats one job off the list :D

Took the car up to Dave16v this morning along with my aerial cable.

The back half was easy enough, getting the head unit out proved to be a bit tricky but not half as tricky as finding the route the aerial cable took and trying to remove it.

In the end Dave cut the cable as close to the bulk head as possible and pulling the remaining wire out.

Anyway, I now have a working radio :clap: so thats one job off the list :D

Yeah we had some success today unlike some other collection of bumholes :(

Colour coded the little round key surround on the boot

Car passed it's MOT yesterday :clap:

Well my VR has been costing me a small fortune this month, so heres my things i did on saturday

-changed front right abs sensor, upon doing this the sensor fell to bits leaving the metal outcasing in the knuckle. What should have been a 5 minute job turned into over an hour having to get the metal casing out that had welded itself in place

-put my new sump on having smashed my old one on only the third time i had hit it or scraped it, to say i was annoyed would be an understatement. £100 later and a new sump is on.

-upon inspection of abs sensor, i noticed the strange positioning of the ball joint so i went to inspect the other side to see if it was the same to find that the CV boot had killed itself... not good!!! but the ball joint was fine so guess thats one good thing

-gave it a service but not happy with the oil i put in so gonna change that again for some fully synthetic stuff once i get paid and try get hold of a mocal oil cooler to keep temps down.

-fitted my 90mm splitter, i'll stick some pics up in my members thread but im not too impressed with how it looks so the 50mm is going back on

and after all that, the objective of this weekend was to clean it which didn't happen so im not impressed

Well my VR has been costing me a small fortune this month, so heres my things i did on saturday

Good to hear you've got things sorted, even found time to do a little cosmetic work :)

bought some more parts for the satin valver.. that should be enough for now :D

Good to hear you've got things sorted, even found time to do a little cosmetic work :)

Lol well when i was rebuilding my engine i took the bumper off a few times and just left the metal strip off and while i was waiting for the oil to drain out the sump i thought why not see how it looks.

I must be an absolute idiot though, bought one corrado that was a nightmare and broke every 5 minutes, what would any sane person do after that? go buy another one as a non runner and rebuild it. I would have made soo much more money from breaking it but i just couldn't do it! doubt im going to see any of the money i've spent on it back and the amount of got the car for and the amount i've spent i could have just bought a good running one! But i must say the feeling you get when you first start it up after doing all the work yourself is unbeatable

Fitted some Wind Deflectors today which i purchased for £25 from GTi Inters :D

Looks great :norty:

Fitted some Wind Deflectors today which i purchased for £25 from GTi Inters :D

Looks great :norty:

Pics! :D

Considering buying some myself.

fitted a new bearing to the tensioner following the how to, old one was foobarred, glad i caught it in time, also fitted new serpentine belt.

refitted some of the interior trim and rear seats - off to get it checked out before it can get norwegian plates tomorrow - hopefully everything goes well... :reindeer:

stripped and painted a replacement sump, then fitted it.

stripped and painted a replacement sump, then fitted it.

Comming on nicely then, when do you think it'll be ready?

Comming on nicely then, when do you think it'll be ready?

slow progress! still SORN but should be soon, I just keep finding things that need fixed and don't have a lot of time to get them done.

am now waiting on a set of 288 brakes to be delivered - broke the front bleed nipple when refilling the system - if i can get the brakes on I can at least get it back on the road for the summer.

picked up my grit blasted and powdercoated springs - from rusty flaky yellow to bright red. Hopefully to be fitted this weekend...

Couldnt put up with the disgruntled looks of my noisy starter any longer !

got a refurbed one from the stealers,what an easy job !

Who ever designed the starter should have designed the rest of the car ! :notworthy:

Clay bar'd the whole car, was absolutely amazed how much crud came off. Car looks brand new, cant recommend it enough! :notworthy:

After watching Judith clean her car throughout the weekend, either its catching or i just felt bad about my engine bay. Spent the afternoon cleaning it!

Clay bar'd the whole car, was absolutely amazed how much crud came off. Car looks brand new, cant recommend it enough! :notworthy:

which product did you use? where from & how much? & how easy is it?

Towed it to the garage for a new starter motor (or whatever it needs) to make it start again.

Had great fun when the rope parted and the wife disappeared a hundred yards up the road before she noticed I wasn't there anymore. Luckily some young lad helped us push it the remain 150 yards to the garage. Youth of today not all bad after all!