Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Noticed one of my headlights was dim (and was told by Katy and my bro) full main beam wouldnt even work, had a look at the wiring (uprated loom) and noticed one of the connectors had come loose pushed back in jobs a goodun why cant all problems with the corrado be that easy :D

Paid for a gearbox rebuild after a selector fork took out a load of nice expensive metal bits...

Didn't have to pay labour though, as he cocked up the rebuild at first, which was nice of em to do!

fitted 2 wishbones and drop links,couldnt track it because the tie rods are :censored: .so its going to be 2 tie rods 2 track rods and steering gaitors next.never ending :lol:

Was out for a Sunday spin when dashboard starting beeping at me. Then I noticed that the temp was 134! And I also had the battery light flashing at me and the temp light flashing! Then as I stopped the ABS light started flashing too. A quick check under the bonnet and the cause was plain to see. The Altenator belt had broken. Luckily my girlfriend is an RAC member so a quick call to her and she arrived after about 15 mins. She rang the RAC and the nice chap came within about 25 mins. After a bit of spanner action to get some stubborn nuts off he managed to replace the belt at the roadside. £5.95 and about 20 mins and I was on my way which I thought was brilliant.

Second thoughts this wasn't so much what I did to my Corrado but what someone else did on my behalf.

fitted both front TT seats they're great as tony the tiger would say... gotta decide what to do about the back now

fitted both front TT seats they're great as tony the tiger would say... gotta decide what to do about the back now

Pics???

no lol.. I wanted to sort the rears first but.. I'll do some tomorrow in the light

Was out for a Sunday spin when dashboard starting beeping at me. Then I noticed that the temp was 134! And I also had the battery light flashing at me and the temp light flashing! Then as I stopped the ABS light started flashing too. A quick check under the bonnet and the cause was plain to see. The Altenator belt had broken. Luckily my girlfriend is an RAC member so a quick call to her and she arrived after about 15 mins. She rang the RAC and the nice chap came within about 25 mins. After a bit of spanner action to get some stubborn nuts off he managed to replace the belt at the roadside. £5.95 and about 20 mins and I was on my way which I thought was brilliant.

Second thoughts this wasn't so much what I did to my Corrado but what someone else did on my behalf.

That's not at all bad really. Pretty quick for an alternator belt that isn't it?

-dropped red leds into the cig. lighter surround

-replaced the battery and healed (sanded+painted ) the undertray, that was full of surface rust

-glued p/s floor mat (d/s was done 2 years ago :lol: ) to the floor with velcro

Re-trimmed the headlining - quite supprised at how easy it was to do! Even putting it all back together again in the dark :lol:

18 years of sh*t, Swarfega'd & steamed cleaned away within the hatch-door-well today, in the wind a drizzle... Needs another going over tho... Pending better weather. :brickwall:

Hit 190,000 miles today. Gave the steering wheel a little pat. Opened the ashtray and the spring broke. Oh happy Corrado days.

Edit, just noticed this is my 650th post. Must be a round number type of day.

Fitted standard suspension - drives like a dream with Koni t/a's over our horrendous Scottish roads!

Fitted new clutch master cylinder. Feels much better, but still not 100% happy, seems to be varying degrees of resistance. Sometimes it's light, sometimes heavy. Thoughts anyone?

Next up - door striker pins.

Fitted my new In.Pro fog & indicator lights 8)

Bit too much black around the fogs for my liking but they are a fairly good fitment

Cleaned out my MAF sensor to stop it from cutting out all the time when cold - was such a drag...!

Today - all door wells are sparkly clean. Engine bay needs doing next. My VR will look virgin spec one day... Pics will follow soon...

Also after years of thinking it was Tornado red, it's actually Flash! "LP3G"