Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

........kicked her really hard in Asda car park cos she suddenly started spouting steam and p!ssing oily water..... thought head gaskit was blown!!!... after an hour of investigation discovered a hole in one of the hoses, taped it up and nursed her home.... shes now off the road until i get it fixed.....

feel bad now for being nasty to her....... :roll:

about to clean her. then price up all the crap i need to fix before going to tatton park!

always feel bad when you treat a rado badly! its like kicking a dog

Out in the car this morning pressing on a bit on some good old back roads and lost the back end in a big way over some bumps, managed to hold on to it though,Just!(better to be lucky than good!).

Steering is not right at all now :( Looks like the rack has taken a beating :o as the steering wheel is now off centre and its making a clunking noise at full lock one way and is light the other way.

Didn't hit anything but was on the lock stops for a good 10 secs sideways at a fair rate of knots.

Looks like time to change the rack.

Looks like a bit of a job for a Sunday afternoon.At least the weather is good. :lol:

Any tips!

Installed 312mm discs, got it MOT'd, Taxed and Insured. Just need to bed the hew discs in and see how good they really are! :)

T.

jonocos, yeah a tip make sure you have plenty of time to change the rack as it requires dropping the subframe and jostling a lot! the spline is gonna be your best friend (worst enemy) by the time you are finished with it. I pushed mine in lifted the subframe and tapped it with a hammer from the engine bay to get it in.

scarlett, yeah I know the feeling, ever see gone in 60 seconds? yeah well thats my car, if you so much as kick her she will fight back and I am not joking either, its funny to watch if your my friends. =-)

today I finished the install on the XM sattelite radio for my car, used a Roady 2 and put it where the sunroof switch is. check it out on the custom install thread.

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... 470#289470

I wired some front speakers into the doorpods courtesy of 10% off day at Halfrauds.

Then removed my number plate surround and stuck it down with number plate sticky strips.

oh and got sunburnt in the process

Lippy

ALMOST got sunburnt in the process of thrashing the nuts off my car down at Santa Pod and finding out that my Lambda sensor is dead and my timing needs re-setting... :roll:

Then sat in traffic for 4 hours on the way home... :mad:

I went to the dealers for my new lambda probe and borke down

it's spring loadined off the cap

in blistering heat at the sode of the road.

Didn't you once play the Gendarme in, "'Allo, 'Allo" ??

Best wishes

RB

Went to Stealth to get my wheels lined up, first trip up there and I can't rate Vince and his guys highly enough.

Dinkus you need to get a new flyer though as the Seat owners club ones look better than the forums brief note!!

And my car is straight so thats a bonus too.

Had a bit of a mare with the new suspension for the 16v this evening. Thought I'd do the front first so strip it down then find that the spring caps have been battered out of shape - I knew something was wrong with all the banging and crashing but didn't expect this. So ordered new caps, put the old set up back on, and replaced the rear instead. Think it may have to come off again for a circlip adjustment after I've done the front but wll have to wait and see. Sigh!

Stripped the clifford alarm off my old c,

took the doors off, sunhatch, bonnet

Started with me black c, stripped grey interior out, threw away the wet carpet, clean any excess residue up from the blown matrix, ran power cable, rca's & spk Cable, fitted new black carpet, fitted rear leather door cards & back Part of seats, took shelfs supports off ready to get me fk's on.

Organised the goodis together ready for me trip to G-Werks at end of month

thats it for today, loads to do tomorro

chris

Threw in a new starter motor into my valver recently, made a huge difference - with new HT leads and dizzy things are running smooooothly now.

Also put on new strut braces lower front & rear, and a set of S2 front calipers & carriers with pads + x drilled disks + sparco lines on the front.

I got new lupo wipers for it also they will be going on next chance I get to work on the car.

Well, here's a new one that I'll bet no-one else on here has done to their Corrado yet... :twisted:

Today, I tried to fry an egg on the bonnet of my car... :|

Seriously.... I did... :mrgreen: :scratch:

...it didn't work though... It just slid straight off and went "splat!" on the floor... :lol:

Don't believe me? :geek: I work at a radio station and one of the presenters reckoned that it was hot enough outside to fry an egg on a dark car bonnet... :sunny: :onfire: Seeing as my car needs a respray anyway, I let him try it on the bonnet of H-YYU! :lol: :cuckoo:

Here's the photos... :lol:

try a jacket potatoe wrapped in foil under the bonnet on a long journey....beats service station food every time.

the dent's from when the car attempted to run over it's previous owner after I'd left it in gear and we demo'd the remote start... :oops: :lol:

I'd not noticed the "C" before! :lol:

*edit * - ohh, she's made it onto the company website! :lol: clicky!

henny, you loon

Anyway, good news. Got my new spring top caps and fitted the new Koni struts, H&Rs & new mtgs to the 16v. Fantastic. Better ride height, slightly higher like I wanted. And she doesn't crash and bang anymore. Though do still get a strange hydraulic squish noise (presuming this is the damper oil being exercised) over larger holes so am going to refit the standard front bump stops instead of the shorter Golf ones and see if that makes any difference to the damper travel.

Took car out for first night time drive after fitting new head lamp loom from Gavin (H100vw).

What a difference - I can see the light! 8)

Plus my 'in-dash heater unit' (light switch) doesn't get so hot anymore.

Had to replace that a couple of years ago - £80 quid for a light switch?

This is a great mod, can't recommend it enough...

i stood n looked at mine cos the hose i need still hasnt arrived (bl**dy Royal Mail) so shes still undrivable........ crap........ :(

Im on a roll: pollished the tail pipe to find the vw box does pollish up.

2. changed oil & filter (made note to self to buy a filter wrench)

3. pollished up the tatty bbs wheel, ready for a laquor

ordered my heater cables from the stealers, then put my lights on that i bought from DAVES16V. i think they really make the rear end more modern?? well pleased, thanks Dave :D

Yesterday.

Took all the suspension off the 16v again and replaced the bump stops with standard sizes instead of shortened ones.

Washed them.