Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

You like white then! I like the red rear lights on yours, just put standard back on mine to replace the crystal ones.

Yeah, white just looks fresh, we've got a silver A4 2.5tdi Avant Quattro sport that I would love to have wrapped white. I've got all red rears on all the cars but the golf, ran out of red tint. Get some red tint film on the crystals.

Well today has been productive, not as much as I'd hoped though,

Swapped out the 24+ year old dash speakers, replaced the door strikers, replaced the plastic seat bushes.

Then, made a start on swapping the waterpump out, as the failed idler pulley hid just how much play was in the pump...

Now trying to figure out if I need to remove the oil pump pulley to get the final few bolts for the waterpump off.

Oh, and I'm going to change the cambelt too.

Fitted the Audioscape door pods with the new Hertz speakers. They sound great. Then took out the old tax disc. Car is Sorn'd. Give it a final wash tomorrow and will then pack the old girl away for the Winter. The Golf is back out of the garage and getting its legs stretched again. Vento front end looking good.

Finally got round to installing a stereo. Great to have some tunes to listen to after two years of silence in the rado.

Drove to work this morning for a change and to clear the cobwebs before winter comes. No problems. At home time, started her up and put the sunroof on tilt to get some fresh air. Nothing happened. Tried to slide it and it worked only perfectly but only in one direction... So drove 35 miles home with sunroof open with one eye nervously watching the darkening skies for rain. Got home, sunroof still didn't work. Gave the alloys a wash. Tried sunroof, only for it to spring back into perfect operation. All part of the fun, eh? :scratch: :)

If it gets stuck, you can close it manually by removing the insert in front of the switch. It'll give you access to the motor, and there should be a hex key which you can wind it closed with.

fitted a sparco r100 vinyl leather seat will be getting one for the passenger side to[ATTACH=CONFIG]79956[/ATTACH]

Edited by eddy.h

Cleaned al the sap and tree rubbish off, turns out trees stain white cars.

3e6e89d7f4770a79c73ee0dbad1facb3.jpg

They will stain all colour's it's just more noticeable on white.

Cleaned all the sap and tree rubbish off, turns out trees really stain white cars.

So pleased you put that photo up. I've got very similar wheels on my white C and had been debating if to paint them silver or not. I can't say that the pic gives me a conclusive answer but at least I have a good comparison now! lol Here's mine (lights are back to standard now)

2014-09-03132145_zps9be397e4.jpg

Yes much better with the standard lights, I like the clears but I don't think they suit white personally.

2014-09-18195227_zpsda92b6f7.jpg

I can't go lower, I've got a steep drive and would scrape like a bugger! LOL

Yeah mines candy white too, although not all panels match 100%, it's had some bad blow over on a few panels before. I'll get around to sorting it one day! ;)

I'm on that "I'll get around to sorting it one day" bus with the paint and a few other jobs.

Mines alpine white.

Edited by stereoflaver

LOL yeah know that, the trouble is I don't notice it when I'm in the car driving it! I'm trying to get the things I can see sorted first, at some point I'll paint the driver's wing that needs doing. In the meantime, I just love driving it!

Cleaned all the sap and tree rubbish off, turns out trees really stain white cars.

I'd like to thank you for posting this too, a friend of mine sent me a black sticker for my car (sexy angel and devil girls back to back, just about sums up a C imo) and I wasn't sure where to put it, I am paranoid about sticking things to the bodywork (I have stickers in the windows, CCGB sticker, V-Dub fish etc). I saw yours and thought "TANK FLAP" I put it on earlier, I'm pretty pleased :-)

eta: Are those oil spots on the ground? :-P looks like my driveway too! :D

Edited by DPS

I'd like to thank you for posting this too, a friend of mine sent me a black sticker for my car (sexy angel and devil girls back to back, just about sums up a C imo) and I wasn't sure where to put it, I am paranoid about sticking things to the bodywork (I have stickers in the windows, CCGB sticker, V-Dub fish etc). I saw yours and thought "TANK FLAP" I put it on earlier, I'm pretty pleased :-)

eta: Are those oil spots on the ground? :-P looks like my driveway too! :D

38daad55a76a7c39654e83e0644f866c.jpg

Let's see a pic of it on the tank flap.

Yeah, oil spots from the leaking sump on the Audi. The youngest car in the fleet makes the biggest mess.

The drives only been down a few month too.