Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Fighting a losing battle with Autoglym engine degreaser... but then again it is inch thick in places hahaha

Should've gone Verso me thinks

replaced a bad crank seal last week - hopefully no more leaking.......

Today had out the hood release wire and oiled it with vaselin oil, and greased up the hood locks.......now nice and easy release :)

Changed the halogen Night breaker headlamp H4 bulbs to LED bulbs, and swapped out the sidelight bulbs to match. Look great and perform very well, so quite impressed with these LED headlamp bulbs. Just remains to be seen how they are for reliability.

Do the LED headlights give a really good light?

And how are they for Price?

Can they just be inserted instead of the normal bulbs, or do you have to change the Whole headlamp internals etc?

Cheers,

Redfox.

washed and waxed with Autoglym HD (high definition) was today. Muuuuch better than say Mcguiars that I have used the last two years.

Harder, shiny'er, easier to Work with, and leaves no White powder or White traces if you touch say the roof rail cover.

It is a small expensive jar with a bit of Wax inside, but i last very long time, and only use avery small amount for a Whole car.

Highly recommended. Simply the best Wax I've tried over the past 32 years. ;)

Then I changed the outer drive shaft joint. So now I really need a complete tracking to be performed.

I also need to change all three engine and gearbox supports, but I simply cannot see how I can enough Space to Work on those. So I'll make a thread on this. Please help ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

washed and waxed with Autoglym HD (high definition) was today. Muuuuch better than say Mcguiars that I have used the last two years.

Harder, shiny'er, easier to Work with, and leaves no White powder or White traces if you touch say the roof rail cover.

It is a small expensive jar with a bit of Wax inside, but i last very long time, and only use avery small amount for a Whole car.

Highly recommended. Simply the best Wax I've tried over the past 32 years. ;)

Then I changed the outer drive shaft joint. So now I really need a complete tracking to be performed.

I also need to change all three engine and gearbox supports, but I simply cannot see how I can enough Space to Work on those. So I'll make a thread on this. Please help ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

I agree with Autoglym HD. When I have time I wash mine, then polish it with Autoglym super resin polish and finally at least one coat of HD wax (often two on the bonnet). I almost look forward to it raining to see the beading :)

I haven't used water to clean the car for about four years save for once when I had to go through cow slurry running across a lane!

I just use Show n Shine which is really good at what it does. However, I might see what the wax would do on top. Am detailing the rest of the car after spending about 3 hours doing the wheels and arches last weekend!

Question... Doesn't using water help get rid of any grit like dust without getting scratches? Does show and shine do similar? Always up for trying something different. May give it a go

I use a big pile of cheap microfiber cloths, and turn them all the time. When I have used all 50 or so, I just wash them at 60 degrees.

Also on Wheels, and light dust removal. Works very well.

Haven't used sealant for the last 25 years. I don't like the stuff. And it's hard to remove, if something have to be painted. To me at least, Wax gives a much nicer surface, softer to touch, harder to penetrate (canaubawax), and much more shiny.

I went away from using liquid Wax (still canauba) and artificial Wax, and now only use high content real Wax (canauba) with an added uv etc.

I make one layer of Wax per day, to give it time to harden better, therefore better protection and shine.

In my experience the Building up of more than one layer in a few hours, doesn't really warrant better results, as the Wax layer below get's moved around as well. Let it harden between each layer.

I fully agree with the autoglym super resin polish. I have tried many, and this is by far the easiest to Work with, and super shiny, also on a fibercar like an Esprit. I only use it rarely, not to take the paint too thin.

I need a new complete paint on my Corrado anyway... ;)

In my humble experience, using liquid Wax makes a nice quick shiny car, which is very slippery (wanted) to touch, but also goes away very very quickly. Therefore I used to Wax my car and motorcycle every week.

With the autoglym hd Wax, I don't need that any longer. It simply lasts longer. Once per month or maybe even further between is fine now.

I think it's because it gets harder when it ... hardens... ;) so that it's not washed away or simply worn away by particles in the air.

I should mention, that I am not related to autoglym or anything like that. I just use the stuff.

Each to his own of course.

I also Wax my cars, motorcycle, loudspeakers etc, because it gives me a bit of time to relax ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

I've only used water to get rid of really think dirt. The carnauba in show n shine floats any dust and light dirt off. I do the same with the microfibres cloths and have dozens of the bleeders! They are everywhere!!

Part the reason for not using water is the lock up isn't right next to the house. It's also really useful to have a bottle of cleaner when I'm at a show just to get rid of any travel dust - I wish I could apply all this to the house!

On the hunt for se Ag HD wax today.

If you ask me, I am using Water when I wash the car. Apprx. every two weeks. I try to keep Water and Corrado seperated allways ;)Better use my bicycle.

If only a few specs of dust, I use a glass cleaner spray and microfiber cloths.

Remember to turn it all the time, and use plenty of microfibercloths.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Btw. I bought most of my autoglym products locally, but found the ag hd Wax and preparer really expensive (but lasts longer, so it's the same), on the web for half Price.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Do the LED headlights give a really good light?

And how are they for Price?

Can they just be inserted instead of the normal bulbs, or do you have to change the Whole headlamp internals etc?

Cheers,

Redfox.

light output seems pretty good from the quick run out in the dark. I need to do a quick alignment to bring them up slightly. Cost wise, £32 including postage, so worth a punt. They do just fit inside with standard internals and enclosure.

Thanks, I think I'll try them out, then.

Cheers,

REdfox.

Looks wise, halogen on the left of the pic, LED on the right

[ATTACH]81793[/ATTACH]

All done

[ATTACH]81794[/ATTACH]

Not so much what I did to the C as what I've done for the C.... New roof. Electrics and remote garage door..... Happy days...1e68a1b39cf92793d1a5e784ed721b26.jpgff6b71815afea69a21f148ed99128b10.jpg7ad857f2e14e264cd0210a4a27086658.jpg

Is it a roller door or does it run parallel with the roof when open like an up and over.... Just fitted an electric hornmann to mine.

Roller... Which left me lots of room on the roof to install two double strip lights.. so it lights up like day time in there. Next paint the walls inside white to enhance the light. No excuses for not doing work on the car now lol