Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Not exactly this weekend, but me and a friend have done a dellorto 45 carb conversion on my 16v. But this weekend ive decifered the radii colour coding that the previous owner has tried to match up to a aftermarket radio. Fun times ahead! Just a shame ive missed the summer really :-/

Not exactly this weekend, but me and a friend have done a dellorto 45 carb conversion on my 16v. But this weekend ive decifered the radii colour coding that the previous owner has tried to match up to a aftermarket radio. Fun times ahead! Just a shame ive missed the summer really :-/

Got any vids of the carbs in action Ryan? Love a 16v on carbs :)

Will get round to a video soon. Also alot better now with full stanless exhuast up to the downpipe and decat :)

The old exhaust was more weld, chemical metal and holes than steel!

Will get round to a video soon. Also alot better now with full stanless exhuast up to the downpipe and decat :)

Excellent :)

I've done a bit more loom wrapping and engine bay detailing today. Nothing exciting. Had some plans for something else but some of the bits didn't turn up...

Shame that I cant work on mine currently as its on a boost break at stealth. I did however send a new aux pump down as a gift this week. Awwwww

Well it's been a busy weekend for me and my mate. We have done loads of work on the Corrado, the list is as follows: New wish bone with R32 bushes in.

New ball joints.

New drop links.

New track rod ends.

New sump and oil windage tray.

New water pump and thermostat.

New rotar are and dizzy cap.

New HT leads 8mm and iridium spark plugs.

Uprated headlight loom.

Fresh oil and filter.

New Lupo GTI Wiper arms and blades.

Hopefully this should keep the G60 running sweet for a while :dance: Looking to the future it is going to be a charger rebuild, fit my full grey leather interior and lowering shocks and springs.

Spot on. Can't beat a set of carbs!

Not exactly to but for..

Used some old timber I had lying around to make some low access ramps, totally free and work a treat, afternoon well spent! Just need to work on the up ramp still a little sketchy!

DSC_0279.JPG?psid=1

DSC_0280.JPG?psid=1

Edited by Aqvila

Finally got round to fitting a Mk4 Golf expansion tank and Porsche oil and coolant caps............. can't understand why it took so long. Be aware that the Porsche coolant cap will not fit the standard expansion tank, only the later tank with the blue cap. Well pleased with the result even if it's only because I can actually unscrew the coolant cap by hand!

P4050024.jpg

P4050023.jpg

Put the finishing touches (missing clips etc) onto the dash and other interior trim, interior is fully functional now and with all the correct clips and fittings.

Fixed the recline operation on passenger Recaro, prepped the car ready for suspension swap and ordered full lamin-x kit for headlights, fogs and indicators from the states.

20150404_155457_zpseo0lcl4d.jpg

Sitting in rented space now waiting for me to pop down tomorrow and start pulling Konis off and front end to bits.

Took Meld out of her winter cover. Both Corrados have been off road for about 6 months, the original due to a heater matrix failure and not using it daily. I had taken both batteries out so on Thursday after both had been charged, I went out to what I thought would be a straight forward task............opened the original and pulled the bonnet release and only one side opened. Eventually managed to open by removing grille and locating wire and pulling..........fitted battery and started first time yippee. Now to fit Melds battery and, yep you guest it the same thing happened with her bonnet but this time I think I have stretched the wire too far. What a day; who'd have thought fitting 2 batteries would take a few hours. On plus side bought new handbrake trim cover from VW heritage and snagged a pristine condition gearknob from ebay

Edited by ozowen

Replaced broken bonnet cable. Can open the bonnet again :)

Removed all rear brake pipes and made new pipes, fitted goodridge flexi pipes whilst doing it. Removed front brake pipes from abs unit to wheel arch and made new pipes. Bled brakes.

Replaced both ARB drop links. One had snapped, and completely shredded CV boot :censored: So boot replaced on OS outer CV.

Been a busy weekend.

Rolled all 4 arches from Rob @ Arch Attack!

Almost 99% clearance with wide alloys on the rear...

Will adjust coilovers tomorrow to nice ride height and see how she rides...

b98fa7e1903fc8ed5349cee1015a82c7.jpg

Finally got round to fitting the new window rollers on the passenger window runners. No more constant annoying rattle :)

Door pin rod and connecting arm on passenger door now done. Only had the bits sitting around for a year

At Last got round to fitting the new roof aerial! Looks so much better - why did I wait so long!