Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

af735e3905da0a6c4485a725ea060d01.jpg

my bmc arrived today to replace my cone filter, held on with duct tape for now, still sealed off and very secure,

anyone else have a problem with trying to fit the end of the filter onto the air mass meter?? they seem to be the same size, I even sanded down the flange on the air mass meter and it still didn't fit over

It looks like your missing 8cm of silicone pipe between the filter and the meter? If so, I suspect this is why it isn't fitting?

It looks like your missing 8cm of silicone pipe between the filter and the meter? If so, I suspect this is why it isn't fitting?

ahh that would make sence then, do you know if they are meant to come as part of the kit or is it silicone hose that was used with the original airbox that you mean?

Here's a pic of mine. The tube came with the filter but I think this is an extra Stealth use. 0df710af9e863681348f2b4a6b8c256b.jpg

So, it's an 8cm x 8cm bit of silicone that fits into the filter and the MAF with two circlips. I've just got a black piece as I've gone with black white and silver on my engine. Tube is available on eBay and was about £7. They sell it in 10cm lengths but I got them to trim it to 8cm.

yeah could do mate, was gonna get a red one anyway, pm me (iv not figured out this tapatalk app yet) from you it should arrive a bit quicker also

Today was the day, after 20 years I could resist any longer.....

Cut the inner edge of the roof strips off, well they peeled off ran a file down the rubber edge to tidy up and cleaned 20 years of rubbish dirt out. It doesn't look too bad.... Wonder if it's worth putting some silicon along the edge.....

Also gave the wing mirrors a good clean... Must take the mirror switch apart it's very intermittent.

Edited by delfinis38

After getting the car back from the garage, it looks like they've cured the squeak that's been going on far too long.

I've then spent about two hours of cleaning the inside and another on the wheels. Tomorrow the bodywork gets buffed ready for the Berkley Show on Sunday. Can't wait for the run up to Gloucestershire and seeing mates from the CCGB.

Today was the day, after 20 years I could resist any longer.....

Cut the inner edge of the roof strips off, well they peeled off ran a file down the rubber edge to tidy up and cleaned 20 years of rubbish dirt out. It doesn't look too bad.... Wonder if it's worth putting some silicon along the edge.....

Also gave the wing mirrors a good clean... Must take the mirror switch apart it's very intermittent.

would that be a late style mirror switch?

ive seen a guide to do an early one but not a late & am unsure of their differences

would that be a late style mirror switch?

ive seen a guide to do an early one but not a late & am unsure of their differences

yup late switch... me too only seen a guide for early switch... need to investigate further.

thanks to JEZR for posting me out the red silicone tube I got my bmc fitted securely now

c014cb1126ac2ef7a685425b04be8f1a.jpg

also gave the calipers a coat of paint, will still need a smooth down and another coat at some point

287b4f6ed87eab7a285144ffc2b4c49f.jpg

I replaced the front cross member support bushes, and at the same time fabricated up a new air scoop for the radiator support brace, as the old one was rotten close to where the power steering pipe goes through.

Then removed the drivers side wing so I could cut the rust out from the base of the A-pilla, then make a patch to fit exactly in the hole I made, and weld it in place then grind the weld down neatly, and treat all the bare metal with some rust eater which acts as a under coat just to be safe, then a coat of primer followed by a coat of red oxide, then a coat of grey stonechip, and then finally a coat of black hammerite.

Removed one of the rubber bungs under the floor close to the jacking point,

so I could spray some wax oil up into the box section, including on the bare weld i.e back of the patch.

Also welded / repaired the drivers side bumber support bracket, again rust treated and painted up with multiple layers.

Tomorrow if I get time I'll be fitting new front lower track control arms, with Audi TT bushes as people have mentioned it's a good upgrade to do.

Si

yup late switch... me too only seen a guide for early switch... need to investigate further.

Ooo ok - could you please let me know how you get on when you attempt it :)

update from the weekend work, also on build thread http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?44751-g0ldf1ng3r-s-VR-amp-return-of-the-valver-the-valver-has-heat!!/page19

it was a sunny morning on sunday so tool box in hand it was time to try & get some warmth in the valver

fortunately I had read on here about people fitting cooling hoses & the various difficulties so I got myself one of those hose spring clamp tools & put the new hoses in a sink of warm water to help them soften a little.

the expansion tank overflow to radiator hose was very tatty due to a disintegrating material sheath & as this was the easiest of the 3 hoses I wanted to change I attacked that first. this was nice & easy & a few minutes later it was fitted & secured using the smaller one time use clips

the next part was a tad of a fluster as I wasn't expecting quite so much coolant to come gushing out when I removed the block end of the matrix feed hose. to say the small tub I placed under it was nowhere near sufficient to catch said coolant was an understatement lol thus pretty much as soon as the hose was off it was back on again! waterfall stemmed I rushed to the kitchen & got the new feed hose

tub emptied & repositioned, well errr tipped down the back of the block as I couldn't wriggle it out when it was so full of rather warm coolant (I probably should have let her cool down more before starting the job lol), the 2nd attempt was a quick switch of old hose for new. fortunately I remembered to put the clip over the hose before fitting.

minimal coolant loss that time & a good time to say how much easier a job is when you have the correct tools. the hose clip tool would swivel & really did allow you to get in where you wouldn't think it wasn't possible - matrix end specifically!

the matrix ends were quick tricky but warming the hoses really helped & was more of a case of needing more than 2 hands rather than physically difficult

a short while later & all 3 hoses were fitted, fingers crossed it all worked

I then followed advice I had read on here about topping up the cooling system - thank to those who posted

ok over the last 2 weekends. Removed corroded water pump inside top left bolt sheared. Drill and retap refit. swap sunroof for one that works and add 5mm spacers to the wheels. Hoovered inside.

Edited by Cong

ok over the last 2 weekends. Removed corroded water pump inside top left bolt sheared. Drill and retap refit. swap sunroof for one that works and add 5mm spacers to the wheels. Hoovered inside.

do you know if its advised to get longer bolts when adding 5mm spacers? or is the standard ones fine for a spacer that width