Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

sent the charger off to psd for full blend treatment,should come back with 68mm pully/rsr outlet/new oil feed/sns chip.

and ive been finishing off my throttle body,port matching/knife edging/removing material and venturi'ing.

neil.

got chris vr6nos to come over and see if he could work out why my car has hicups, which we totally failed to do. On two test runs it ran perfectly, something its not done for the past two or three weeks! typical! checked the MAF, lambda and a host of other wires/connections/sensors and all seems well. also discovered my rev counter is reading way out for some reason, meaning I have a VR that revs to 8500 :?

Fitted re-trimmed Alcantara front seats (actually, that was dinkus and Supercharged!)

hey did those seats come out of a green vr6? they used to be in my red g60!

Fitted re-trimmed Alcantara front seats (actually, that was dinkus and Supercharged!)

hey did those seats come out of a green vr6? they used to be in my red g60!

Heh heh, they did indeed! :lol:

replaced a cracked water flange...

was this a hard job? i've got one to do, but i dont wanna start taking bits apart that i cant get back together again!

Also the oil filter on a G60 seems really difficult to get to! any tips? - sorry OT! -

replaced a cracked water flange...

was this a hard job? i've got one to do, but i dont wanna start taking bits apart that i cant get back together again!

Also the oil filter on a G60 seems really difficult to get to! any tips? - sorry OT! -

Easy mate, got the new water flange from EuroCarparts (it has an extra outlet but comes with a blanking plug & clip. Also get blue & black temp senders with seals, its not worth putting the old ones back in.

Drain coolant system from rad bottom hose.

Remove hose clips with water pump pliers/molegrips, remove hoses (note, alot of water will come out of head even though you drained the rad)

undo two bolts, remove water flange

clean up mounting face on head with sandpaper

make sure new flange has rubber seal in place (I had to trim a little plastic off that might of interfered with the seal)

fit senders with seals, a little water helps when pushing them in. fit retaining clips.

bolt on flange and refit hoses. Top up coolant and run engine with expansion cap off until over 80°c to remove airlocks.

thats it! my car seems to run better on cold & warm starts with the new blue temp sender 8)

as for the oil filter, does it have a hexagon boss on the end of it? if not, it;'s probably a 8v oil filter, its dead important that you use the right filter on the g60.

I can't remember how I get the filter off now, probably use water pump pliers on the hexagon boss, or you could always tap a screwdriver in the side of it (messy)

fixed my central locking problem, put the seats back in after a good clean and just removed the rear wiper and smoothed out the rear VW badge ready for respraying.

Top tip - Take out the headlight!

why, are your headlights fitted in the middle of your bumper? :lol:

Swapped the black interior into my C. Also took the black cover off the knackered drivers seat and fitted to the grey one that was in the C.

All I need now is a right hand side bolster material section from someone, and it'll be done.

Quite pleased with the look so far, looks loads better in black! :D

changed the cambelt tensioner for a nice shiny polished one with new bearings (although not as nice and shiny as lee wouldhave it ;)).

took the engine and gearbox out.

stood looking at it thinking whether I'm doing the right thing or not.......

put on the induction kit I got a whil back and never got round to fitting.

Sounded sweet.

Took it off again as the car is being sold and I was just curious as to what it would sound like :D

You can use the [ url ] tags to do it.

[ url=http://blah.com]Text you want people to see in the post[ /url]

Like that, but without the spaces 8)

Fitted new GSF pedal rubbers (top tip - soak em in boiling water for a few mins to soften the rubber first!), finally fixed the heater controls thanks to Kev (though that was about a week and a half ago...), fitted ultra-rare brand-new OEM Hella VR6 top -tint rear lights...

Bought AEZ alloys for scarlett, discovered the centre-bore is slightly too large... Have to wait til tues to get some custom spigot rings made... But at least she'll have four matching wheels! :lol:

looked at her out of the window, i really wish id got the respray done before ed 38 :( but at least i can pinch everybody elses ideas for when i do :D .