Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

sunday i washed the polishing compound off and stood with bally admiring the new paint! we went over it with a fine toothe comb to find anyimperfections, found a few very small ones, the painter said i would as its my car and ill notice the smallest of things! i am so so happy with how she looks now! im not going to post any pics up until she is back in one piece with the rs' on. but man she smooth!!!

oh and monday i brought a new lip spoiler (yes a 90mm!)

A20 LEE, bored with sanding or sanding because you're bored ? xmas tv always promotes a lot of sanding :-)

both :lol: Think its time to dig out my favourite christmas DVD. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation :D

put the exhaust back on the rear hanger and replaced the wire holding the back box up from hitting the axel.

Fitted a 2nd fog light in the passenger side of the tail gate.

Found out i've got a big gash(ooooh aye!) in my air intake near the trottle body :( needs to be fixed!

wash and shammy ,used some gliptone on my leather seats , seems like good stuff for the money (£9.99 for cleaner and conditioner) and really gives it that leather smell :-)

I'm gonna go out and change my oil sump, I think. Oh and I need to get that charger off!

I have an uprated headlamp loom too, but I'm thinking I should put it on the Polo instead.

well i didnt but my other half covered my headlining (dinkus' old one) in beige leather! see piccy. and i picked up another late bonnet cheers robbymac

washed it and looked at it and thought how lucky i am then a black RS4 avant parked up next to me BASTID arrrgh had lm's was nice

billinjahg60, just made me realise my girlfriends mum used to make her own clothes.. sure she's more than capable of re-upholstering my car for me! :norty:

Fixed my aerial, finally got radio reception now!

Took a lot longer to do than it should have though. Spent ages trying to get the rubber off the amplifier bit only to find I hadn't taken the two screws out. Definately worth it hough & it cost nothing. If you've got bad radio signal then this is a must.

Had MOT today, failed on ball joint and hand break cable,

Cost for mot £35

Cost for parts £25

Cost for labour £0

Not bad for my First MOT with this car!

Found a BIG pool of oil under mine this morning :( had a look under the bonnet and found the filler cap sat on the inlet manifold, turns out when I topped up the oil the day before (it was dark) I didn't put the filler cap on properly :oops:

Luckily I still had some spare oil (lost 2 ltrs!), but the engine is absolutely covered in it now :evil:

Finally got round to sorting the tiny little rust bubble on the passenger door that I spotted 3 years ago :-) As always, what was a 5mm round bubble on the surface, turned into a 50p sized brown patch once scraped back :-(

Ground it down to bare metal and then did a really terrible patch job of it :-)

Nevermind, you can't notice it anyway as it's below the side moulding :-)

Also felt a nasty grinding on full lock this morning on the pass side. Drove to work assuming it was inner arch rubbing (it had that tread block rubbing on metal feel to it) but no marks on the inner wings. That'll be the outer CV then me thinks...... god I hate doing those.

Did an oil & filter change (104k and still barely consuming any full synthetic between changes 8)

Investigated the rattle coming from underneath the car, turned out to be a broken cat heatshield bracket, love it when its an easy fix!

billinjahg60, just made me realise my girlfriends mum used to make her own clothes.. sure she's more than capable of re-upholstering my car for me! :norty:

My mother in law also used to make clothes, and she's helped me do 1 interior already in cloth, gonna try a leather retrim soon for mine.

Over the past couple of weekends I have

Replaced the
    [list:0f75b]Wishbones
    Lower joints
    Track rod ends
    Drop links
    Bushes with poly
    Welded hole in chassis where it meets the floorpan ish.
    Brakes with G60 cross drilled setup
    Front and rear springs (now to low at front)
    Fitted G60 deep front spoiler

Now drives sooo much better

This weekend will be

Change ignition switch
    Re align front bumper
    Sort out drivers windscreen washer (which stopped this morning, Passengers is OK)
    Replace grill with early non broken grill
    If time weld up hole where rear VW badge should be, maybe smooth it.
    And I might then wash it

[/list:u:0f75b]

Today, and in fact all this week so far, I have mostly fed it petrol and driven it to and from work :)

Expensive day today, But after the drive home so worth it,

Fitted new ARB links, Pads and discs all round and a set of coilovers. Might take a bit of fiddling to get the height right.

But already drives and looks so much better. Plus I can stop!!!!!!!!!!

got her through the mot!!!!! - taxed - woohoo ! the first place i went to tried charging me 750 quid (computerised) the second ---- wait for it ------------....... 115 quid (computerised) - so bought some 6/9s 2 and blew my amp :(