Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

replaced drivers handbreak cable (altho it seems too long?, was from gsf)

Relpaced passenger Bottom ball joint

Added bolt to drivers abs wires as it had come out.

and now it has 12months MOT! WOOHOO!

Attempted to clean the car...

Got as far as cleaning the wheels off the car and then ran out of daylight! Damn split rims... :roll::lol:

I went to wash the car:

Okay, so I park my car inside the washing room (a tiny room where you wash the car for ££££££££££s), and go inside the gas station to take a dump so I would have maximum focus on washing and cleaning. Then, after 10 hard minutes practicing inner strength, I come out 10lbs lighter, and this old (well, mid-60s) guy stands and screams out about how there is this car in the washing room. I smile and say it's mine, and go towards the door to get to my car. It turns out, he has this really "posh" Cayenne Turbo, and his obnoxious (spelling?) kid inside (perhaps 20ish), waiting to wash their car (I'm sure it was their first time. Real brats both of them, you could tell just from looking at them). I smiled at them, and started washing mine. I think I spent about an hour just to piss them off. And about 3 minutes before I was finished, they left. Really hilarious.

Ten minutes later, a huge truck drove past me, and splattered the whole front with mud and dirty snow.

Grr.

LOL That is a good story. Car wash antics are always funny, everyone wants to get hteir car washed first and get out of there! Well done for taking an hour to do it.

Couldn't be arsed washing my car last weekend. Also not bought any Lupo wipers yet, so decided to fit my headlight loom instead.

Makes an amazing difference... Still can't see where I'm going like, but everything's bright as feck! 8)

(Ta Gav)

Mine's going to the garage in 10 minutes to get a whole load of stuff done :)

By 1pm it should have:

Discs and pads all round

FK Silverline coilovers

New wishbones

New cambelt, aux belt and PAS belt

If time, a 68mm pulley

...and I'm sure there's a lot more in the boot!

Just had to go out and make sure it'd start as the battery is screwed. I've also had to de-ice it twice in 15 minutes! :s

...just picked up my freshly shotblasted and primed rear axle, looks good, now i`ve got to finish off making the puller so i can put a pair of brand new bushes in, i`m looking forward to putting this all back together :-P

so far

replaced the power steering belt

unblocked the drivers side washer

welded up hole in the back, now waiting for filler to dry properly

had a small bump in rado 24th december (hadnt drunk anything before its mentioned) some idiot decided to pull out on me on a dual carriage way to reverse into his drive. obv didnt look, damage to my pass front corner.

today i bin mostly..... removing bonnet, front bumper, lights, slam panel and front pass wing.

Tomorrow i be mostly bending inner front wing back to shape, fitting front wing, slam panel front bumper and lights.

Mint my baby back on the road, albeit needing a new coat. Still i can drive her.

downloaded every single album mobb deep and eazy e has ever put out, and changed my dull 4-spoke steering wheel for a hot and sexy 3-spoke leather original gangster steering wheel :lol: oh, and I fitted it with my new 92pc tool set.

Next on the list is to re-earth my cd-player, which includes removing the glove box, the entire middle section of the dash, and the gear surround trim. Oh, and I am fitting a new gear surround to my car also, as the old one had broken its tabs.

Fitted my 16s with fresh rubber, cleaned it and wired up Dinkus's electric recaros and illuminated Reiger knob.

...while I spent hours messing about changing the LEDs in my switches to red.

You also rotated my tyres Kev :lol:

Sanded back filler reasonably well, still needs finishing on rear panel.

Changed Grill for early

Found problem on electric Recaro

and gave it, its first wash since buying it.

Before

P3310047.jpg

after

P4010049.jpg

P4010054.jpg

Yesterday, I sorted out some of the engine wiring, so its not resting on the gear linkage, disconnected and reconnected battery to clear ECU faults, fitted my grill spoiler, and gave it a good clean inside and out!

got the first of many piles of bits ready for the chromers. God knows what they'll say when i turn up with a gearbox and subframe in a few weeks.

Took stereo out to wire up aerial amp lead and illumination lead...

Managed to catch aerial connector and break it... :oops:

Think I might just leave the stereo out til I go to Maplins tomorrow and get a new connector... Will tidy wiring up too methinks... :)

Bought a new steering wheel and boss!

Bought some audi type door handles!

Bought a TT gear shifter and gator!

Just need to fit em know! busy weekend...

today I... well actually yesterday.. I masked off the entire boot floor, and got it ready to fibre glass it. I have never fibre glassed with mats before, so I am going to practice a bit before I get started. I bought six rolls of masking tape, but only ended up using one and a half. Oh, and I found out my piece of skeet bonnet release wire has loosened up again, so I have to retighten the muthaph..... thing again.. oh glory.