Sign in to follow this  
morpheus1870

I bought Jims G60!

Alright ppl

My name is Bobby, I am the lucky owner of Jims G60 Rado....it drove beautifully on the way back to Yorkshire, well pleased with it...cheers Jim and dont worry I will look after it as my older brother has been well into his dubs for years!

Just to tempt you Jim below is a pic of my brothers old vr6 highline which has now been sold to another enthusiast in Northampton and his old mk2 golf g60 with raylle front end.

463786_4_full.jpg

463786_28_full.jpg

Regards

Bobby

Hi Bobby...

Glad to hear you had no problems on the way home. I genuinely don't want to tempt fate but it never skipped a beat in 14 months and 10,000 miles of ownership, so theres no reason why that won't carry on :)

Glad its gone to someone else who will continue to look after it! Your brothers old Golfs look awesome.. the VR6 especially :)

Cheers :)

Welcome to the forum man, that's a quality car you've got there :-) Whereabout are you based?

Cheers,

Tom

Hey welcome to the forum.. good to hear the car went to a good home..

some nice cars you guys have had....

Look forward to seeing the rados progress...

Thinking a MK3 GTI or possibly VR6. Throughout ownership of both my Corrado's i've wanted something with the VR6 engine.

Either that or I might go and get myself an Octavia vRS....... :)

If your considering a VRS, get the Leon Cupra R, then you've got the looks and even more performance 8)

I collect my Ibiza Cupra TDi in a weeks time :D Can't wait!

Jim, I don't think 'more sensible' and 'VR6' go together!

morpheus1870, welcome to the forum, you got yourself a great car at a superb price!!!

morpheus1870, welcome to the forum, of course your every move with the car will be watched :lol:

Im from Bradford WestYorkshire, the drive back was most enjoyable, the G60 really has a good amount of torque and the leather interior makes the ride very comfortable!!

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! will keep you posted on the G60 development...got a few things planned but nothing major as Jim has really made this a complete car!!

Thinking a MK3 GTI or possibly VR6. Throughout ownership of both my Corrado's i've wanted something with the VR6 engine.

jim dont get a mk3 gti , i made that mistake, you will be really disappointed imo

Welcome to the forum, Bobby and congrats on your new Rado 8) That is a stunning car, as I already had the pleasure of being co-piloted in Jim's G60.

Jim: I thought you were looking at something sensible and cheap to run :lol: Anyway, if your withdrawal symptoms grow beyond control (and they will :lol:), give me a bell, as my Rado (may not be as powerful as yours, but has its own charms and certainly a wealth of interesting toys on-board) is definitely staying with me - can't wait to fit the new alloys as and when they arrive :D

Tempest

jim dont get a mk3 gti , i made that mistake, you will be really disappointed imo

agreed, at least for the 8v, g/f got one after her C went, nice to tootle about in but not much else really

I never really made the car complete.. all the mods were done by the previous owners. I was happy with the power it put out, etc so I just tried to keep on top of it!

As for the MK3.. well.. they appeal to a whole group of owners so there must be something about them. I'll reserve judgement till I drive one :)

Dave - definately not giving up mod status nor am I leaving the forum at all.. will still be here just as much. You can't get rid of me that easily :)

And Eric.. if I start to get withdrawal (which I think I will - driving home in my Dads old Merc estate already had me reminiscing - and waiting for the sound of the relay 'plinking' in the dash at 46 as the spoiler started to raise!!) i'll give you a call.. go for a beer a drive in the car to remind me what was so good about it :(

mmm relay pinking, must be knackered :)

Didn't even know you were selling! Hope you get out of dreary car boredom soon........BTW don't even consider a MK3 unless it has a VR under the hood, the others are quite poo!

Spoiler always worked 100% i'm glad to say mate.. it was a 'plink' noise, not a pink noise :D

Ok.. I admit.. you really had to listen close, and if you are bombing it, you won't hear it.. but next time just dawdle at 45 then dab the gas so you go over 46 and you might hear the noise. Does it too when it retracts at 5 or 10MPH whatever it is... :)

go for a beer a drive in the car to remind me what was so good about it

OK, as soon as the new alloys are on (hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow), and given the weather is supposed to be good tomorrow (and hopefully a few more days after that ...).

Tempest