Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

After the C.... what would you have?

:luvlove: Aston Martin V8 Vantage :luvlove:

But that won't happen for a while, so I'd like an GTR33 Skyline... that's probably not gonna happen for while either, so for now I'll keep playing with the corrado :twisted:

being realisitc..

20v fiat coupe despite the build quality.

r33/4 gtr skyline

one of them new saabs! in piss yellow!

maybe an old lotus elise though, they be sexy :D

OR a cossie!

but im so indecisive, it took me about 3 years to finally buy a corrado :p

After the Corrado? Nothing remotely fast or expensive. I treat all cars as workhorses and as far as cheap cars go there's nothing that beats the Corrado for style. The only thing that could lure me away is 60mpg. Speed is not important - that's what the bike is for.

kevhaywire, why are you so set against Haldex? you could always fit an aftermarket Haldex controler to give you a constant 50/50 split.

the s4 does sound good though but the MPG of that beast rules it out for me at the mo

Ah I was wondering about those, do they make it a permanent split though? It's not the Haldex in particular I dislike, but all part-time 4WD systems. I'd prefer it be either 4x4 permanently or not at all, but if you can lock it down 50/50, then that's a whole lot better!

yeah i'll try and find the details for you... basically you can set the bias how you like all the way to 70/30 rear i think and it keeps it there perminantly.... i'll look into it for you.

I know what you mean about you want it there or not but from what i heav read the S3 and R32 versions of Haldex are alot better than the TT version which you can actually feel shifting the power around

No takers on the Aston V8?!

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't go Jap - lots of power but no style/elegance - can't explain it really I just see saloons with alot of power and too much electrical rubbish!

Being realistic a 968/E30 M3 can be had for around 12k for a nice one.

There is a good article about these cars in the new Classic Cars Mag, sounds like the M3 is the better drive which I found a bit of a surprise.

Top Gear and the 928 did put me off a bit but a well looked after one would be nice and a V8!

I really like the S3, I do think the S4 looks a bit dull and I couldn't afford an RS6. I saw a stunning black TT with red leather, Awesome body kit, Split rims and it went flying past me down the A3 - very nice!

To be fair, the 928 Clarkson bought did cost him around £1000.. he can't seriously have expected to get a cherished example for that! :)

I've just been offered a 496bhp RX7 and am really tempted but I'm going on holl soon and am looking to buy a house :o( Oh and modding the C.

Have been thinking about a few cars, a Leon Cupra R, an Octavia vRS, or buy a really cheap Bora and whack a 225TT engine in it and get it REVO'd should be good for 260Bhp.

I've just been offered a 496bhp RX7 and am really tempted but I'm looking to buy a house :o(

You can sleep in your car, but you can't drive a house :lol:

hmm - i can honestly say there aren't any new cars around that i like the look of. I reckon i'll upgrade to a vr6 then do some modernisation when it dies - perhaps a mr fusion by then 8).

No takers on the Aston V8?!

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't go Jap - lots of power but no style/elegance

You saying an Gen 3 RX7 is ugly, or a skyline R34 GTR V-SPEC isn't an animal?

Got to be an ultima....

What can I say, I have a thing for very quick cars and I'm afraid there isn't a lot out there thats quick enough for under £60k (that isn't a kit car)

Going from vague reality to I wish...

Another C (obvious).

200SX S14

Porsche 968 Club Sport

R33 Skyline GTR

911 GT3 RS

Most likely is a Honda Accord or Mazda-6 family diesel barge :-(

Ben - True the RX7 is very tasty, I just don't want to have to rebuild the engine every couple of years - fine if you can do it yourself as the rebuild kit is only £400 but £3000 to get a garage to do it.

Just my opinion though, if a Impreza, Evo or Skyline were not quick they would be nothing as they are not attractive cars. I know that sounds strange but if a Corrado, 944 or something similar was slow I would still think they were atleast nice to look at.

There is no doubt the Skyline is an animal but it has no class or stlye in my opinion - I'd still happily drive one but for the money would rather have a 968 Club Sport, and spend the extra putting the Turbo S body kit on, Split Rims, and put the 944 Turbo head on and Turbo it! About 15k in total including the car and you have 340-380 HP and Porsche looks and the badge!

Id be keen on the RS4 however shopping around for one is a lot of hassle and would involve serious scrutiny.

An E46 M3 or 996 Boxster S would be solid alternatives but may attract the wrong sort of attention. A NOBLE M12 Gto would be a serious contender also what kind of money do they go for over in the UK?

As a second car (which my C currently is) an Audi Quattro would be the best of the retro performers that can turn a few heads at the same time.

Have a yearning for a 968 ClubSport - tough as old boots and a car you could use every day - also looking forward to seeing what the new Octavia VRs will be like - Golf GTi driving enjoyment but at 16 - 17k - could be a strong contender for a new mile muncher

Tricky one, been thinking about a BM 840Ci, 328i E36, or Alfa 156 2.0. Very different cars but each has its own appeal. 328 are quite cheap but sadly a bit common and with a somewhat negative reputation for association. Still love em tho - my dad has a 318i (E36) which i still find fantastic (and his is totally immaculate)