Sign in to follow this  
mistrall

should i be geting beaten by these cars?

TomB, i would be surprised if the bora did beat your C, the chap i bought my C from has the same bora you mentioned, not that ive raced him but he doesnt seem to think the bora would be able to keep up, and thats the opinion of a guy whos driven both... but again, what do i know!.. would be interesting to find out eh..

pff who owns a vts? all these young idiots seem totally obsessed with their SHIT vtr's could pull fuckin skin of custard.

(vts however aint a bad motor, same engine as mye dads 106gti just without the nice interior)

The supercharger makes the wheels spin too much and they think they beat me, i guess they do really!

Only use the nitrous on warm days.

I was on the phone on the way home tonight and put my foot down and the 17's started spinning at 60mph, Christ, i nearly dropped the phone!

Chris

isnt a vts for somebody who cant afford a 106gti? :p

i would never own a citroen not with all the stigma that comes attached

Are TT's supposed be able to beat a VR6?

I was coming back on the Motorway late last night, and there was this git in a TT. It only had 1 exhaust, so its the lower output model, but he just couldnt get anywhere near me. Everytime he put his foot down, i did the same, and just left him as a smaller and smaller dot in my mirror. It seemed too easy :? . are they really that slow?

Yeah they did a cut price (by Audi's standards) 2WD version which may be the 160bhp one, but the 4x4 TTs are 180, 225 and 250.

VTS isn't for someone who cant afford a GTI its for someone who doesn't want to pay an extra 20-25% for the same car, its just a badge.

Loose the K-Jet system and get some bike carbs or throttle bodies on it :twisted:

You need to exploit the high reving capability of a 16V - the 16V has excellent tuning potential

are you serious ? and what would that cost an?d what would you gain

ps:ive got a 9a short block with boch-motronic injection - not k-jet (corect me if im wrong)

Deadly serious - some of the quickest sprint cars are 16V's on throttles.

I have also seen a number of articles about bike carb conversions now - it seems to be a trend that is increasing in popularity due to the budget nature of it. (Loads of big capacity bikes with big carbs in breakers yards)

It may be worth looking into - food for thought :)

ooh i`d love my valver to be quick

but it aint with the (no) money i`ve got to spend on it lol