Sign in to follow this  
mistrall

should i be geting beaten by these cars?

Yeah my mate's 2.0 Focus is the same

My girlfriend has the 2.0 3dr zetec job and I agree, no guts at top end my valver feels better when revving high! Focus corners/handles well but not a patch on the rado and the esp is sooooooooooo intrusive! I keep trying to cane the focus off roundabouts in second and it just cuts the power :oops: even though I am way off 'the limit'

is the esp on a fuse??
pass on that but my gf is especially when I try to turn the traction control off :roll: :)

a short fuse? lol

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say i think focus's are excellent cars.

handle really well.

well put together.

strong(ish) engines.

i did 70,000 miles in my 1.6 with nothing more than oil-top-ups and its still going strong at 140k!!!! (not in my ownership you understand).

thats fekin amazing though - 70k with no servce, no oil change, nothing

(i was an unofficial test driver??) ;)

No doubt, good all round car, very reliable look/s good but still not the best purchase due to shocking depreciation!

My gfs £14k Foscus 2.0 esp has only 35k on clock and is only worth £4k if lucky. If she had bought a Lupo GTi of the same year (which she got talked out of before I met her :roll: ) it would have cost her a grand less to buy and be worth at least a grand more now :roll: .

OK so maybe not the fairest comparison but its still quite a lot of dollar. Plus she would find it easier to park.

It's the turbo power delivery that makes you think it's quick. Not saying it wasn't but a car's sensation of speed is determined by where the torque is in the rev range, which was low down in your Leon's case.

Yep, it certianly had plenty of low down grunt, it also had loads of traction, it would just dig in and go where my C starts spinning and bouncing around. A mate has a 150 TDI Leon Cupra and his gf has a 1.8t Leon Cupras, I think a scientific comparison is required. He reckons my C would beat his Seat, whereas I'm not so sure, I know she would definately bet on her car being faster than mine.

"feeling fast" is an odd thing. The 2.0 C feels nippy and the 16v grunt certainly helps at top end but Im sure its down to the bumpy and noisy ride.

The local fave' road of mine is a hoot, but the gf's 100bhp Megan, although wallowy, will comfortably get up to very similar speeds. Its no good reving her 1.5 deisel any further as it does nothing whereas the C needs to be driven harder to get to the same speed. The Megan feels as if its coasting through the bends.

My mates 1.6 16v mk2 fiesta (sri) is supposed to be 0.5 second quicker to 60; yet Id say the C "feels" quicker and Id be happier to overtake in that.

Then differently again, as some can confirm, the old bike is just silly; you can fall asleep and see 3 figures.

Noise, effort, its all subjective. Just enjoy your cool look in the C 8)

I got owned by a mk4 golf gti

Really! I take it, it was a turbo, my dad has a NA 20v (125bhp) and that is no match for a valver. I certainly would expect to beat a 150bhp 20vt Golf, although if it was revo'd that may be a different matter.

I know i was shocked :/

It was modded looks wise, but obviously i dont know about the engine. It had a GTi badge on the back.

Maybe i should hook her up to vag-com or visit stealth for a health check-up and see what i get as i have a feeling she's not quite right, ive never driven/been in another vr6 though so im not sure.

I shouldn't feel too disheartened until you know for sure it was N/A one or not :-)

My mate Revo'd his 150 turbo MK4 GTI up to 198hp with 224lb/ft torque and it was very quick. The MK4 isn't much heavier than the Corrado VR, so a MK4 of that spec would easily give a VR a hard time.

I reckon my TDI would give a stock valver a hard time up to about 80/90MPH... ;)

Was pushing 124BHP at the RR day and since then i've fitted the N75 valve from a PD130 which made it feel noticeably faster...

Its probably me but the car feels inconsistent, one day it feels really sharp and quick and others it feels lazy and sluggish. I also have a small problem where the idle oscillates for a while on a cold start but after a few revs it will stead itself a little high then go back to normal after a miles driving.

Probably no connection to getting owned by a gti but its the best excuse i have :p

Yeah VRs are like that.....even with a Supercharger ;-)

I just enjoy the days when it's mental and just cruise when it's not :-)

Yeah VRs are like that.....even with a Supercharger ;-)

I just enjoy the days when it's mental and just cruise when it's not :-)

not just VRs i get the same in a 16v dont race anything if shes not in the mood :lol:

"feeling fast" is an odd thing. The 2.0 C feels nippy and the 16v grunt certainly helps at top end but Im sure its down to the bumpy and noisy ride.

The local fave' road of mine is a hoot, but the gf's 100bhp Megan, although wallowy, will comfortably get up to very similar speeds. Its no good reving her 1.5 deisel any further as it does nothing whereas the C needs to be driven harder to get to the same speed. The Megan feels as if its coasting through the bends.

My mates 1.6 16v mk2 fiesta (sri) is supposed to be 0.5 second quicker to 60; yet Id say the C "feels" quicker and Id be happier to overtake in that.

Then differently again, as some can confirm, the old bike is just silly; you can fall asleep and see 3 figures.

Noise, effort, its all subjective. Just enjoy your cool look in the C 8)

I never knew you had mk2 16v fiestas

as far as I knew they all ran those CVH engines,

your corrado shold hump it

loves cold weather mine!

agreed they don't like it hot at all - thats one of the reasons i binded the K&N. Felt like my right foot was pushing down into a bowl of cheesy peas.

not just VRs i get the same in a 16v dont race anything if shes not in the mood Laughing

Mine too, some days it feels really quick and smooth others, it feels rough and gutless.

well i've been blitzed by a Porsche :D

struggled to get past a 1.25 16v fez though i was trying to bring it back in 3rd from 30mph uphill.

o and i got dicked by a G60 golf off a r/b .lol although i didnt even bother trying as i knew what would happen.

Triumphs are battering a Mazda 2.0L 16v 353f (think thats the model)

and a Saxo VTR.

Managed to hold an R32 partly due to slower cars on the road and me doing 70 in 3rd at 7000rpm.