Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Bodyshop RIP OFF or IS IT?

I went to the local bodyshop today where i get all my dents and stuff sorted in the past and had quite a list of things to get sorted before summer kicks in..

THE LIST

Full bonnet respray and remove couple of small dents

Front wing- remove big dent near the front and a tiny tiny dent near the indicator

Drivers door- dent under the handle and a small lil kink on the right side of the handle

Rear arch lip (only 1 side) needs a bit of smoothing and painting-- due to arch rolling

basically the guy quoted me £475.00 after a lot of haggling and advised me he will be charging around £25.00 per hour labour wise, which sounds good but the overall bill sounds a bit too much, what do you guys think???

Doesn't sound too bad to me, i just paid £300 for my whole rear quarter to be sprayed (inc VAT), my rear arch was pushed in and had loads of scrapes from previous owner. He done a top job aswell.

Have you seen his work and are satisfied that it will be good ??

EDIT oops just read you've been before !!

sorry this is cash without vat bare minimum he will except he says hes doing me the best deal he can and prob is right but im not too sure so i am gonna get somre more quotes tomorrow but this guys work is really good....

If you know his work is good is it realy worth messing up your pride and joy?

Bite the bullet. it sounds like a lot of different fiddly jobs rather than concentrating on just one area. I reckon its a deal.

If you know his work is good is it realy worth messing up your pride and joy?

Thats the bottom line Furki, imagine some ass screwing it up for £375.00

good price mate.

i have list of little bodywork discrepancies i need ironing out. anybody recommend a good place in Staffordshire?

Sounds fair, I used to work in a very good bodyshop, to do a proper job takes a lot of hard work, care and skill which takes years to pick up.

I was thinking around £100 per panel as I read your post - £400, so £475 is not much more than I expected.

If you have been happy with the work in the past, and his previous prices, then just do it.

Who is the bloke BTW, might have to add him to the list of decent bodyshops in the area :)

Remember that he is charging you not only for his labour, but for the paint and other bits that might be required. Also your not paying VAT, so you are doubly lucky and £25 per hours is very, very good.

Whats £475 in the grand scheme of Corrado ownership really anyway? :)

Sounds like a fair price.. i'd go for it. If you know the guy is going to do a goob job its worth paying a little over the odds for the peace of mind anyway!!

Why dont you wait till festival/gti international get the dents done by the paintless dent removal guys and get the rear quarter done after.

Phil bodyshops normally charge abt £150 per panel minium,, from hat i have seen

John Wintle Body Perfect, Crawley 01293 525000 guys called Nick

Majik, coz the dents mysteriously re-appear back sometimes,, i di work it out using the dentmasters and than the bodyshop for the other stuff works out cheaper for sure but i dont think i will risk it