Sign in to follow this  
alby

shocked (Inter's Thread)

ive just come back from gti international(bit dissappointing really).

but the thing that shocked me is i saw an early set of rado cloth recaros sell for £895 :!: :!:

probly wont interest anyone but i nearly fell over in shock :cry:

Good news for everyone looking to sell early cloth Recaro's!

Not good news to hear that the show was a bit pants.. makes me feel pleased that I didnt spend the day driving down the A12 to get there!

i vowed last year i would never go again but thought i'd give it another go.

would have preferred to go sunday but could only go saturday.

i'm going to give the edition 38 show a whirl this year but theres definately no more inters for me.

not unless they can turn back time and recreate the trl years :roll:

i saw them seats...thought theyd put that there as a joke, surley you can buy a rough corrado for £895

I really hope tomorrow is better then...

'course it will - we'll be there!

consider i picked up a 'rat with leather and aircon for £700... C interiors do seem to be going for mad money these days - i'd get mine retrimmed rather than pay that much for a used set of seats!

them seats were electric cloth recaros, ultra rare and worth a bit of money.

I wouldnt pay that for them, but someone did as they had a sold sticker on them.

unlucky - we had about 5 minutes today where it absolutely p1ssed down

yeah - and those were the 5 minutes where I was walking from one end of the car park to the other to get back to my car.

Got so wet I had to drive back to brighton in my pants.

Crappy end to an otherwise enjoyable day!

Re. the seats - yeah saw them too ....... can't believe someone actually paid the asking price for them ones.

first time i have been there....and the last... load of grumpy damp tossers standing around their cars... thought people would be more chatty..apart from kevhaywire..chatted to him for a bit

guess the weather didnt help

so whats the best event to go for instead of inters?

edition 38 show. great cars, and some really down to earth people. been going there for the last 3 years. well worth a visit. :D

edition 38. I've heard this mentioned but couldn't find anything about it on the events sections.

When and where is it?

I hope it doesn't rain in the morrow :roll:

benji16v, see you've met my mechanic ;)

E38 was the bomb last year.. I had an absolutely excellent time. Bumped into loads of forum members, had a good gander at some of the motors, and got myself nicely sunburned in the process..

I will absolutely most definately positively be going this year.. and actually this year we're trying to get as many of the mods as possible together finally for one big meet up. We're even considering arranging a Corrado Forum stand........ :D

saw those seats too, laughed out loudly, then managed to secure a set of grey leather recaros for my mate for £525, which made me laugh even more.

the show was utter crap as expected, but can't complain at the few baragains we found.

brand new 8x17" compomotive MO's, £400

corrado INXX bonnet lifter £15

everyone's saying its crap.....what do you mean by that???? just that theres no good cars??? or its full of chavs???? or its just ....crap?

no really impressive cars that caught my eye. terrible weather, crap layout.

just totally no atmosphere at all, I was bored by 11am.

As expected it was shite last year (apart from the camping) so thought I'd give it a miss this year and by the looks of it it was the right decision to make!

BRING BACK TRL!!!!!!!

Must admit it wasn`t too great, Got well & truely soaked, Then the wind picked up and froze my B*llocks off...Don`t think i will be going again although did meet John(16VG60) at long last, very nice bloke. Saw the 16VG60 as well, very very nice...Seriously considering a 16V G60 now :-)

Oh and got my Angel eyes headlights aswell :-)

I went for the weekend, drove down fri and we stayed in some lodges which are tops and better than camping. I only went saturday and agree that the show on the whole was a bit pants. Quite happy i got some German Plates done and also picked up a couple of other bits and pieces.

Saw 16v G60 as stated above too, i wish i could have worked out who John was as I would have stopped for a chat. Met IHIG60 whose Corrado was the turbo'd one in the Jabba tent. Very impressed with that conversion and it has got me thinking for sure.