Sign in to follow this  
Riley

i tinted my headlights. :D

this was supposed to be chrome effect, but I don't think any paint is ever going to be able to recreate the chrome effect. So far the paint has stood up very well.. I think it might make the lights slightly duller when turned on, but thats easily fixed with the uprated loom and some decent bulbs lol

Did mine nearly 2 years ago with black smoothrite and it's still black as black. I thought smoothrite would be hardcore enough to withstand heat and weathering etc and it's proving to be just that!

Glad to see others have cottoned onto this cheap and easy mod. I never did like the big mass of chrome behind the glass....I like definition :D

yeah i think its great how it gives them definition. 8)

i re-did them today with hammerite smooth and a brush,friggin shaky hands :lol: but theyre ok,i did the line too and it makes a massive difference when on the car! i forgot to get pics though! :oops:

just off the car with/without the line painted.

in fact i went mad and painted all up top,round the sides etc...

neil.

Good skills, looks really good. Subtle and simple.

hmmm.....where's my paint brush!

ok,i got pics of the end result now with line painted.

im not taking the headlights out again! :lol:

neil.

cheers guys,

tis a real easy and satisfying little mod. 8)

ive got a pic of how to remove the lens etc for anyone wondering but p/buckets down at the mo and im on a diffarent pc,ill get pics up later.

neil.

Riley, looks good mate.

I met a bloke at a recent ClubGTI meet who blacked his using a permanent marker pen. Looked ok but dunno if it would last as he'd only just done it.

I've done the same too!

Did it with a marker pen first...looked ok, but decided to do it properly and used some hammerite satin black!

It's a good cheap mod!

Just done mine too, also you know the metal plate in the centre the one that covers the headlamp bulb, how do u think it'd look in black ?, i was tempted to do it on mine but thought i'd leave it for when i get a spare light

the metal plate in the centre the one that covers the headlamp bulb, how do u think it'd look in black ?

interseting, mine need do-ing again! would this work?

Just done mine too, also you know the metal plate in the centre the one that covers the headlamp bulb, how do u think it'd look in black ?, i was tempted to do it on mine but thought i'd leave it for when i get a spare light

did myn :wink:

Bally, got any pics handy mate??

only used marker pen last time and its looking a bit toss now

triggermyson, cheers for that does look a lot better than mine, i have noticed that the black isnt as visible as it used to be, stop off in B&Q on the way home from work it is then

i love this forum :D just put smoked lens's on the rear and of course said to the missis that all the front end lamps are clear etc :( ,pity i cant smoke'em :( and then i stumble across this thread 8)

is it o.k to copy ya :?: :wink: would just give the front end the look im after :wink:

pip, you are the king of smileys! :)

I don't think you'll be copying anyone! Loads of us have done it now, does look one helluva lot better IMO.