Jim

The definitive "what exhaust?" discussion thread!

Hi all! Just been in deep conversation with the underside of my car and have discovered that the exhaust is completely rotten!

I'm looking through the websites trying to find the best price for a Supersprint cat back and the best I can find so far is £320.96 from http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk, anyone else know of a better price?

Many thanks in advance!

OK now hit another problem, the Supersprint centre section is now discontinued! Back Box is however available.......

Would also reccommend a Magnex system nocrap. They're fully stainless and available for the same sort of prices. Had one on my G60 had no issues with it whatsoever.

What!?! speak to supersprint directly...

As i don't speak Italian i sent them an e-mail, i'll get the response up as soon as i hear back.

Would also reccommend a Magnex system nocrap.

Yeah, they were my second choice after reading people's reviews in this thread, i've found them slightly dearer from most places..

:( Balls!

Hello

thank you for contacting us

It is true, the items have been discontinued and their are not available anymore

Regards

supersprint srl

katia

I paid £315 for my Magnex but I think they're about £340 now. Well worth it though. Fits perfectly and sounds awesome! Nice little grumble when you're putting your foot down, especially aroun 2500-3000rpm but pretty much silent when cruising on the motorways. Would highly recommend them. Check out last month's PVW for a review of them and their factory

havnt read the other pages, was wondering about de-cat or hi- flow cats and what sort of performance difference if any?

been speaking to lots of suppliers today and have got the impression that supersprint are a nightmare to deal with, has anybody had bad experiences here? Also been told Miltek are better???

I think supersprinter are one of the best for VRs, I have a Magnex though, and am very happy, so have no idea what SS costumer service is like

edit: by "SS" I mean supersprinter, the other SS's costumer service is terrible

just recently fitted my supersprint middle section .

after taking off the brand spanking powerflow . ? the powerflow was the most disgusting quality / sounded like a old corsa (on my vr6 )

i was so embarressed . in car sh1tty noise id never ever expierienced before..

and the loss of all power and tourque .

i ordered my new supersrint mid section online . credidcard expecting nextday delivery .

just under a month later (& 10 fone calls).... i got it

proppah power back now . lush note .the final bit in me pipe thing ...

but the DELIVERY & CUSTOMER SERVICES was jut PURE CRAP like ive never came across before .

WHY OH WHY

does such a proppah firm do this ????????

Been put off by the negative feedback on supersprint and miltek to be honest, so going for jetex. see how it pans out............

After trolling this thread i decided to go for a full system magnex for my G60.

Have to say the service from motorsportworld.co.uk was second to none and the exhaust arrived the next day! The quality and fit of the system was excellent and the garage commented that it was the best fit on a rado they had seen.

It's only been on a couple of days now but its reasonably quite which i was really pleased with as i wasn't looking for anything too loud.

De-cat next!!

Magnex highly recommended

just_say_meth, totally agree with you. When I had a Magnex fitted a few years ago, the garage said the same thing- best fitment and build quality they'd seen.

Also got mine from Motorsportworld, and they were brilliant too.

Does any one have a suggestion on where to get a Magnex system for a VR??

Ill be contacting Darren soon with a view to getting some stuff done so does he do them or would i need to supply it to him???????

Hi guys,

iv'e just spent about 3 weeks thinking about what exhaust to get for my raddo. driving my partner mad in the process.

So would like to say a big thank you to all of you who have posted on this thread and helped me make up my mind.

So just to let you all know MAGNEX it is. :D

Does everyone's magnex do what mine did on my mk2? Mine had a nice burble on tickover, and seems to sound gorgeous at lower revs, below 3kish, then when you put your foot down it got quieter. Well not quieter, but didnt get stupidly loud like some do, if they makes sense?

I just want one that sounds nice at lower revs, should encourage me to drive slower! My old magnex one sounded gorgeous