Sign in to follow this  
emmafwa

Rear arch

Some nice person has hit my passenger rear arch, and just drove off, Ive got a quote for the bodywork and that wasnt to bad but I have to supply the parts. I went to my main dealer and the fella there said that they only supply rear quater pannels for £527.12 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's only the curve on the arch that is damaged does anyone know where I can get a repair arch? Are they available? Are they worth getting second hand?

Any info would be great

Thanks

Emma

Are you sure you need a new arch? How much have the bodyshop quoted because its very expensive to fit in a new rear quarter and then spray to match- Its strange a body shop would ask a customer to source a whole rear quarter :?

Any Pics

Cheers

however....if you do need a rear quarter it just so happens that i may be able to help you out. :D

let me know.

The scratch is so deep there is no chance of hitting it out. I went to a few places and noone said it was possible to bang it out. The quote Ive had is £275, exept I have to supply the part.

So what did you have in mind that you can help me out? Have you a stash of body parts?

£275! Surely no body shop could fit a rear quarter panel for £275 let alone paint it??

I got rear quarter done on the insurance and it cost about a trillion quid..

Fill the dent and spray it.

If it's not going through the insurance, it's not worth splitting the double skinned rear arch and entire 1/4 panel for the sake of a cosmetic ding.

£275! Surely no body shop could fit a rear quarter panel for £275 let alone paint it??

I got rear quarter done on the insurance and it cost about a trillion quid..

a trillion quid is an average price for a rear quarter :wink:

post some pics of the damaged arch, its difficult to believe no one can repair it

Without seeing a photo it is hard to suggest what they are planning to do, but if it is just the arch, they maybe expect you to supply an arch repair panel, not the whole rear quarter which would be a big job to do. If it is just the arch which is damaged, they can cut the damaged piece out and weld in the repair arch and fill it to shape. This is the method used to repair rusty wheel arches. If you managed to supply them a whole rear quarter I bet they would cut out what is needed to repair your original. Apart from being a smaller job, you also retain the factory seams between the panels keeping it looking un-touched.

Bastids!! no how you feel.. some prat dented myn & drove off.. havent yet had it fixed..

WOW!!!!! Its a back ally job thats why its so cheap, but it is good, hes going to repair it as if it was a rusty arch as Phil has said above!!.

The fella doesnt want a whole quater pannel just a repair arch, but when I went to the main dealer they said they can only supply quater pannels, so I refered to the trustee forum, as I had a feeling they were fibbing to me.

Also Im afraid Im still stuck in the dark ages as I have no digital camera or scanner therefore unless your around sunny anglesey you can not see the dent, sorry!!!!

So does anyone know where I can get one?

Where did you get a quote from?

There are a few good bodyshops in Anglesey that might be able

to repair the arch

try c.a.r.s in gaerwen(in think), afg in gaerwen and barton and nichols in llangefni

I tried them you said and a couple in Bethesda and Bangor and one in Caernarfon.

In the end Barton and Nicholas in Llangefni recommended Chandler in the council estate in Llangefni hes the one thats gave me the quote.

But Im still searching for the part, without paying over £500.