Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Magi leads

To fit these do you need to shave off the little clippy bits or enlarge the whole channel? I know i know, vag reds are best, but i have these and cant afford the reds at the mo from the stealers!

This is the 4th set i've bought so i will be using them!

i had to shave the little plastic clips off so my magnecor leads would fit,but it was still a tight fit then

You have to shave the clippy bits, but the rest of the channel is big enough.

The channels don't really hold them in place very well tho, they just sort of sit on top.

I've got a lovely set of coilpack ones if you'd like them? Bargain price of £70 delivered ;)

are they new red ones - Beru? dinkus? - throw in the sunvisor and i'll have both ;) give me a call to work out a deal if you want. 07830 451901

:cheers: Score. He wasn't sure when he ordered them if they were red or not, but they were the only ones that came up on the parts system, so I guessed they must be.

Oooh blingage.

Don't suppose you've got a Hazet tool you could bring with you on Sunday have you? :D

Yeah, and try and get them to sell you the metal one, i think NOT!

I've tried 4 now and no sir you can't have one.

I bought the plastic replacement for the tool kit, first plug i pulled snapped both the lugs off the brand new tool. in a word----------s...e !

Trying to get my garage to buy me one for them for me kinda thing, but they reckon £30 for the metal one?

My main dealer still point blank refuse to admit that there are red plug leads with metal ends, they are all black with rubber ends...

Yeah, but your local stealers are a bunch of shaved monkeys in cowboy hats...

My next batch of parts to be ordered from VW is already building up, so I'll see if I can get hold of a Hazet at the same time for you ;)

If you build up a good relationship with the parts desk they over-ride VW's tool policy for you and make up some BS story that a mechanic needs it if anyone asks. If you walk in off the street for the first time, they won't oblige.

I've just bought a set of black Beru leads from AVS (http://www.vwspares.co.uk) for £77 inc vat&delivery.

Unfortunately they tried to deliver today when no-one was home, so I'll be collecting from the courier tomorrow.

I got this interesting info from them via email:

"All the leads supplied directly by Beru only come in Black.

You can only get red ones if you buy them from VW.

There is no difference between the red and black ones other than the colour.

If you have heard people say the Red ones are better, the difference was the later cars that had red leads had a one piece metal plug cap, rather than metal and rubber, so was less prone to damage when removing the leads.

The late type 'Black' beru leads have the same one piece plug caps like the original 'Red' ones."

Managed to get a metal one off my local stealers after telling them that I had already broken two of the plastic ones which are C!^P. Don't think he could argue that point :D Even gave 10% discount when I asked. They can't all be bad :wink: