Kevin Bacon

The Forced Induction VR6 thread

Yes it's funny how people judge an engine on it's looks and hp figures. That guy has sprayed all his fluid bottles silver, err colour coded his fluid bottles! That's just form over function!

I wonder how he checks his coolant level? :lol:

I don't give a rat's arse what it looks like under the bonnet. Cars are for driving, not looking at.

I totally agree Kev cars are made to be drove not trailered around from show to show fcuking trailer queens :censored:

Dont get me wrong I like a tidy and well thought out engine bay that looks neat and OEM+ but there is a line

Hey Guys, thanks for your comments.

I only took the HGP Intake, it was not a HGP Turbo Setup.

My car is definitely not just a trailer queen. It´s made to drive it & for show.

My goal was, to build up a VR6T in OEM+ Style, with chrome, and I also painted the fluid bottles, thats it.

@Toad

I check the coolant level in cold condition, and the VR6 Engine has also a level sensor in the coolant bottle.

@Toad

I check the coolant level in cold condition, and the VR6 Engine has also a level sensor in the coolant bottle.

Fair enough. I prefer to be able to see through the bottle to see the condition and level of the coolant.

I'm not trying to knock it, it's a nice tidy install 8) I just like things a little more utilitarian.

I only took the HGP Intake, it was not a HGP Turbo Setup.

My car is definitely not just a trailer queen. It´s made to drive it & for show.

My goal was, to build up a VR6T in OEM+ Style, with chrome, and I also painted the fluid bottles, thats it.

@Toad

Stunning install 8) what turbo you running and power

It was a T3/T4 power about 300hp last year, but I am gonna put a Garrett GT3076R + RS2 Wastegate, Schimmel Intake and a Liquid to Air IC. It finished as far as possible, just need to find a place for the ignition coil, the 2nd water bottle and the 2nd water cooler. :D

Can somebody please sort this thread out, ever since it was removed for a tidy up its not been right.

When i click on the view last unread post it goes to page 34 :shrug:

Many thanks. :help:

It was a T3/T4 power about 300hp last year, but I am gonna put a Garrett GT3076R + RS2 Wastegate, Schimmel Intake and a Liquid to Air IC. It finished as far as possible, just need to find a place for the ignition coil, the 2nd water bottle and the 2nd water cooler. :D

Be like mine mate :)

VRT 041 (Large).JPG[/attachment:125c0ibb]

What insurance company are all you VR6 blown boys using??

My current insurance company arent impressed by my bhp doubling :lol: , so who's insuring you????

Flux, no-one could beat them for me :) I have declared the lot!!

Ditto - Fluxy for me!

The BMC bore is pretty big, ~ 83mm inside diamater silicon needed.

And yep, you get BMCs for engines up to 1600cc (the one that might work on yours Corradude) and ones for 1600cc+

would it not strangle the airflow into the charger or would it suck it in extra quick?

i just ask it cos our engines are nearly twice the size for the smaller one and fi too...

Hi Jim

My K&N feeds 83mm ID silicone - see attached pre-fit assembly:

VRT 041 (Large).JPG[/attachment:l29tadec]

Oh your Engine bay is very nice too! 8)

Mine looks pretty much like yours now, except the IC.

VRT 041 (Large).JPG[/attachment:1vqg5hty]

Oh your Engine bay is very nice too! 8)

Mine looks pretty much like yours now, except the IC.

Any new pics, what psi now

I like how your engine bay looks except for the painted bottles (Nothing personal)

Any VRT is good with me :clap: :salute:

Is that your Rado in your signature ??

Looks very cool too :luvlove:

Its not easy making VRT install tidy

Never a truer word spoken. But what impresses me more than superficial engine bling is reliability. All you weekend / summer use only boys have no idea :lol:

And anyway, a VR6 Turbo is not a VR6 anymore, make it look like a VR6 turbo! :salute: People like to see the engineering involved and the more of it that's exposed, the better imo :D

have thought about using the OEM air box 8)

I will be when I go ATP manifold. Makes the turbo nice and quiet 8)

I like how your engine bay looks except for the painted bottles (Nothing personal)

Any VRT is good with me :clap: :salute:

Is that your Rado in your signature ??

Looks very cool too :luvlove:

Yes this is my Rado! :clap:

Quick Q, Anyone know what the legal position on running a screamer pipe (open wastegate) is here in the UK?

Cheers Kev, suspected as much. Now I've got to tell me friend he needs to rebuild his down pipe! :lol:

LOL, all he needs to do is bore into the side of the DP and connect up the WG's dump pipe :D

AFAIK, it fails on these 3 points:-

1) Noise - Unsilenced exhaust, very frowned upon in this country!

2) CO2 poisoning - Harmful CO2 will end up inside the cabin unless properly vented out into the car's slipstream (side or rear).

3) Fire risk - Screamer pipes not exiting the engine bay could potentially set fire to things. As much as 1000 deg C EGTs on boost remember :wink:

What he could do instead, is fit a small moped silencer to this screamer pipe and ensure it exists at the side or back of the car.

Yeah the muppet built his downpipe, bought it round to see what I thought and I had to point out the obvious.

He's going to connect it all up to the downpipe correctly although he did have a good laugh at the scooter silencer idea...... :cuckoo:

look at this product from HPA http://www.hpamotorsports.com/cvp.htm i'm liking this.

givesmewood.jpg

its a short runner for the r32 engine, but when you buy it you can use it as a standard inlet manifold and when you decide on what/how you want to FI it you can choose which side you want the TB on, i have read that it can take upto 34psi :shock:

and seeing this had kinda got me thinking of a V1 (i do miss that noise)

3.jpg

need to get the car back first though

That is the best looking inlet mani i have seen ever.

My mate ran a screamer pipe on a C20LET corsa @ 400bhp and got 2 ASBO's....

That is the best looking inlet mani i have seen ever.

My mate ran a screamer pipe on a C20LET corsa @ 400bhp and got 2 ASBO's....

:lol: :lol:

But what did his car get???

Ditto re the mani - so flexible without obvious functional downside/compromise.