Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Rimmage - Picks on Page 2

Bit childish posting this, new toys and all that, but thought you might like to pass comment. I will update tommorrow when i try them on for size.

Tyres are Falken 205/45/16s. They are R rated, bit worried about that, anyone confirm if there good for a 150 test!? Presume Falken are pants :?:

That aside im well impressed for £295 inc plated wheel bolts and even crome valve caps! True next day delivery and well helpfull on the phone! Don't want to blow my own trumpet :shock: , but i reckon they are going to look far better than the price sugests on the car! :D

I'd bet money that the bolts are too long for the front and hit the ABS rotors, but no biggie.

Up early tommorrow then :wink:

shiatzoo, your pulling my leg, what the feck! should i go back to them as they were well aware of what the car was! Even had the kiddy on the phone telling me how bad he wanted one etc etc ??

Guess that saves me buying a road angel then !

They have 14 sets left if anyone wants a cheap set of 5 stud 16s!

Not BBS finish quality and are slightly heavier than the speedies but not by much, really quite good for the cash.

dont know if the H rating mean more than just the speed limitation, will it cope with the cornering loads and weight of the vr on decent suspension!?

Oh dear, shall i dig myself a hole now. R construction, V rating 150 mph.

I'm logging off to kick myself in the head Jackass Wee man style.

What a t..tt

bright side...wheels AND TYRES were a bargain then!

i've used falken ,not a bad tyre , they are hard wearing but the trade off is they can get a bit lively in the wet

they look sweet, can wait for the pics of them on

At work now, but straight home to take some picks, cant wait either!

Need vw centre caps though. Can peel old ones off, kind of that thick curbed glossy stuff, just hope i can find some.

dont know if the H rating mean more than just the speed limitation, will it cope with the cornering loads and weight of the vr on decent suspension!?

There's usually a "weight" rating in the model name of the tyre: so the VR's standard tyres are 205/50/15ZR 86V - the 86V indicates the weight and loading support.

I doubt that a 205 width tyre is going to have LESS than an 86 weight rating, so I wouldn't have thought that would be an issue.

The speed rating may be an issue though, depending on how sharp eyed and pedantic your MOT testers are.

Cheers Matt, as above my error! The rating is 87"V", which is 150mph and I presume from your note above the 87 is the weight rating which is 1 above standard?

i've used falken ,not a bad tyre , they are hard wearing but the trade off is they can get a bit lively in the wet

they look sweet, can wait for the pics of them on

Hehe I like that, a bit lively, sure you'd have some fun with falkens on the backs and even a half decent tyre on the fronts, but I'm sure a PTFE tyre would grip better than falkens, even if it were made in taiwan. My falkens with 5mm tred are going in the bin when I can be bothered to get them changed ;)

There on, sorry no picks as my home internets gone down last night.

I LOVE THEM! They look borbet C Henny style, and a bit like those you see on the newer BM 320/325 saloons if you know what i mean?

Tyres are feisty as described but the cambers out so wont no more until friday. They suite the car and the drop perfectly i reckon, well chuffed indeed!

Ride quality rocks big time.

Will try to post the picks again tonight.

Rude.... looking forward to the pics. I really like basic looking rims like that, suits the C perfectly.

Would have been interesting to put one of those and a speedline on the scales to see who is the lardiest?

What's the caliper clearance like?

He he, just try and stay going in the direction you should be looking :)

Actually, I find a finely honed blend of Bovril and Vegemite works best, although in emergency situations, Marmite can be substituted in place of Vegemite.

Kev, interesting you mention the clearance, umm, i'd say about 1mm! It looked like it was touching initially!! No big brake conversion then, saved me some money there!!

Can someone tell me how to past an ebay link? Think they had 15 set left buddy! Worth it for a spare set, although i like them so much it will be a while before i buy some better rimms!

Marmite, smallage amoutn rubbed on fries before oven entry = special times!

Waitrose Worcestershire extra thick sauce I picked up at lunchtime is rather rude! Also a grabbed a red snapper with mariss piper cheese and wusabi mash + chilli dressing while we are on the subject.....YUM !

Wheels can be found mate by doing an ebay search on

"16" 5x100"

They are £295, and the guys were very helpful on the phone, lots of tyre size options too!

Nick, you cut the address and err paste it in the reply box ;)

Ooh Marmite on pre-oven entry eh? Sounds good. If only I had an oven that worked... :lol:

With regards pasting an eBay link.. go into your 'My eBay' section and just find the link to the auction in there.. then right click on it rather than left clicking and go to to 'Copy' - then do a reply on here, and right click in the dialogue box and click 'Paste' - should end up with a long URL with a number at the end.. that's the direct address to the eBay auction.

Be advised its common practice to trawl through your eBay history so I hope you haven't got any embarassing past purchases on there like weird underwear or Max Bygraves records :D