A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

LEE I need some help! I picked up a set of the porsche mirrors.I know that you said you got a rhd and a lhd base.I see there different but will they wok on the oem lhd base? And if not could i get you to assist me in sorcing one from a RHD porsche? I have 2 sets to go on 2 cars so i would need 2. But any help and or pics you have to help me with this would be great! you can e-mail me [email protected] not on here much anymore. thanks lee and congrats on another 1st place, well deserved.

Russell

No problem, details and pics on the way.

Lee, Thanks mak I havent forgot about you still tryin to find everything required for what im putting together for you should be about a week... :wink:

*heres the hint*when i talked to you on messanger a while back you asked about them on mycar and i told you that i wouldnt drive with out them. :) :notworthy:

Lee, Thanks mak I havent forgot about you still tryin to find everything required for what im putting together for you should be about a week... :wink:

*heres the hint*when i talked to you on messanger a while back you asked about them on mycar and i told you that i wouldnt drive with out them. :) :notworthy:

:shock: , too generous Russ. Going to owe you alot of favours for that!!!

I took that pic about a year ago at a local meet, one of my favourites. Keep meaning to take some new shots like the ones i did last year but the car's filthy at the moment and the builders have scraped the bumper and wing :mad:

I'll keep you posted on my cars winter makeover.

Russ- Quit buggin' the Man! :blackeye:

nothing's too much trouble. No secret that i'm a massive fan of the work Russ is doing and if i can help in anyway, i will.

:shock: , too generous Russ. Going to owe you alot of favours for that!!!

I took that pic about a year ago at a local meet, one of my favourites. Keep meaning to take some new shots like the ones i did last year but the car's filthy at the moment and the builders have scraped the bumper and wing :mad:

I'll keep you posted on my cars winter makeover.

Bumper and wing????? you must share the details! send me an im or something.

Bumper and wing????? you must share the details! send me an im or something.

It not too bad, think they must have dragged a grit covered hose pipe over the bumper. T-Cut most of the marks out but some have gone through to the primer. Front end is getting painted again anyway as i picked up a nasty chip on the bumper and the bonnet was damaged (and so was Bill Atkins) by a clown with a 406 on the GTi Festival, speeding with a trailer which threw rubble into the air hitting mine and Bill's cars.

Been for a test drive in VR6 Turbo!!! I was karting in wigan yesterday so called into Dubsport for a chat about turbo's n' stuff and Jeff offered me a ride in a Mk3 VR6T with their stage 1 kit. Power wise is 300bhp and 380lb/ft. First impression was, needs 4x4. Second this thing is wild, max torque is at 3000rpm and sounds extremely angry when you get your foot down but can potter around like a normal VR, very quite, very refined. Haven't been in a supercharged VR but i've no doubt that they'd be easier to drive but wouldn't match the thrill of that boost. Stage 1 uses 1bar, not sure how that compares to the VF stage 2? Awesome, and theres a new kit on the way (HGP 2day install time!!).

Stage 1 uses 1bar, not sure how that compares to the VF stage 2? Awesome, and theres a new kit on the way.

Sounds good, I've always liked the sound of turbo'd VRs. Not been in one yett though. Turbo'd 24v sound even better!

Max torque at 3000 sounds ideal and I'm guessing there's no lag either?

Stage 1 is non intercooled isn't it?

Stage 2 VF charger is 8psi, so 6 less than that turbo kit.

Stage 1 uses 1bar, not sure how that compares to the VF stage 2? Awesome, and theres a new kit on the way.

Sounds good, I've always liked the sound of turbo'd VRs. Not been in one yett though. Turbo'd 24v sound even better!

Max torque at 3000 sounds ideal and I'm guessing there's no lag either?

Stage 1 is non intercooled isn't it?

Stage 2 VF charger is 8psi, so 6 less than that turbo kit.

no lag, it was running a mercedes sprinter intercooler but Jeff prefers to use an Evo 7 unit.

arhh the infamous merc intercooler :wink:

I bet it put a small smile on your face Lee? I do wonder how much the dubsport kit is though as with the current exchange rates EIP kits do look rather good for the money. Trying to get biggerbigneil to keep his C and fit one :D

I bet it put a small smile on your face Lee? I do wonder how much the dubsport kit is though as with the current exchange rates EIP kits do look rather good for the money. Trying to get biggerbigneil to keep his C and fit one :D

I'll say Ben, you'll get a ride in mine :wink: The noise and speed together make it a real event. Been in a 20V T MK2 with 280bhp which was felt punchier but the vr6T is like a diesel in its mid range delivery, massive thump at the bottom and top too. I've been speaking to alot of people on vortex and their pretty damning of EIP. Mark's got the HGP kit coming in 3weeks so i'll decide whether to go for that or Dubsports own kit to my spec. Decided to junk the ABS on mine which frees up room and thinking about a stainless steel manifold too as i've heard the cast ones crack with the heat of a VR6T. The 480bhp 4x4 C was there too, that must be epic to drive. Certainly getting excited that i'm finally in a position to go for it.

Wow i'd love to have a ride in a supercharged or turbo'd VR6 - must be awesome. A 350 bhp corrado - what a wet dream LOL.

aim to have a Super quick corrado within the nxt few years.

How much you roughly budgeting for one Lee??

I'll say Ben, you'll get a ride in mine :wink: The noise and speed together make it a real event. Been in a 20V T MK2 with 280bhp which was felt punchier but the vr6T is like a diesel in its mid range delivery, massive thump at the bottom and top too. I've been speaking to alot of people on vortex and their pretty damning of EIP. Mark's got the HGP kit coming in 3weeks so i'll decide whether to go for that or Dubsports own kit to my spec. Decided to junk the ABS on mine which frees up room and thinking about a stainless steel manifold too as i've heard the cast ones crack with the heat of a VR6T. The 480bhp 4x4 C was there too, that must be epic to drive. Certainly getting excited that i'm finally in a position to go for it.

I'm a big fan of VR6T's !

I think EIP is getting a bad name on Vortex because their aftersales is pretty useless, think their phone lines don't work properly and probably not enough staff but their products are pretty good and cheap (with exchange rate). I know someone who has ordered a Stage 1/2 kit for their R32 and he is struggling to speak to them. Its been at least 5 weeks since he ordered it and they quoted about that sort of time span but he hasn't got anything yet.

The thing is about the HGP stuff is that its good quality to a degree but don't you think its so over priced?! I say get a turbo on yours sharpish as you will love it but do your research first. Would you get dubsport to do it for you or will you tackle the install yourself? Also I wonder how the 4x4 is handling the power on that 480bhp C and how much time it spends at dubsport! As I said before I'm a big fan of VR6's and I wouldn't be suprised if my 20vt engine is changed soon :wink: Oh and yes I would love a ride in yours when its done Lee, obviously I'll come up in mine and I'll take you out to experience some 4x4 action :D

I've had trouble communicating with EIP, but at least they no longer seem to bounce all UK originated e-mails as suspected SPAM which is good news and saves on the phone bills.

I dealt with Mike in the end so far have nothing to complain about, that is providing I see my kit in the next 2 weeks! - Ordered over a month ago.

Compared to the HGP/HPA kit the EIP turbo kit is far neater on the R32 anyway.. not to mention the saving of over £2k.

Interesting to see what you are going for Lee, i toyed with turbo'ing the Corrado as it was already up for more forced induction with the forged pistons. But now that the engine side of things are very reliable I opted for R32 fun! ;-)

As soon as I've got the kit installed and running on their map (have to send my ECU to the states for bench mapping) I'll probably be visiting AmD for a reliable map and detailed figures.

The 480 bhp car lives at Dubsport as opposed to it keep coming back in with problems,as it was for sale but it now has a new owner who intends to use it as his daily driver.Its now on 15" Schmidt TH line splits and road legal slicks.

Hmmm, all this talk of turbos and big numbers is wetting my appetite.... anyone wanna buy a stage 2 charger?

I should never have sold my Turbo Technics MK2 valver :-(

I've had trouble communicating with EIP, but at least they no longer seem to bounce all UK originated e-mails as suspected SPAM which is good news and saves on the phone bills.

I dealt with Mike in the end so far have nothing to complain about, that is providing I see my kit in the next 2 weeks! - Ordered over a month ago.

Compared to the HGP/HPA kit the EIP turbo kit is far neater on the R32 anyway.. not to mention the saving of over £2k.

Interesting to see what you are going for Lee, i toyed with turbo'ing the Corrado as it was already up for more forced induction with the forged pistons. But now that the engine side of things are very reliable I opted for R32 fun! ;-)

As soon as I've got the kit installed and running on their map (have to send my ECU to the states for bench mapping) I'll probably be visiting AmD for a reliable map and detailed figures.

Didn't want to let out who my friend with an R32 with a turbo kit on order was :D :lol: But yes its Guy!

The 480 bhp car lives at Dubsport as opposed to it keep coming back in with problems,as it was for sale but it now has a new owner who intends to use it as his daily driver.Its now on 15" Schmidt TH line splits and road legal slicks.

Oh right, so its currently living at dubsport until its fixed then the new owner hopes to use it daily.. ?? 15" wheels with that camber at the rear must look interesting :)