A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

but wont that make the combined weight of the bonnet somewhere in the region of 120 kg lol

EDIT ------ Eh?! where did this come from? I never put it here? :?

EDIT2 ----- oh yes I did, bugger. damn my short term memory

Mmmm, I like those shiney bits 8) They would be wasted on me though as I don't lift the bonnet at all during winter, so they'd get covered in that nice fluffy white scaley stuff!

Are you going to laquer them or leave them bare?

that stuff is fitted already with the exception of the bottles, only bits i've laquered as the rear brake disc splash guards.

Pick for kev, from the chrome vr t thread. My motor in bits.

Mmmm, I like those shiney bits 8) They would be wasted on me though as I don't lift the bonnet at all during winter, so they'd get covered in that nice fluffy white scaley stuff!

Are you going to laquer them or leave them bare?

You like your dynamat. I can heartily recommend dynamat extreme on the bonnet and then covered with Hoodliner, which is nice and shiney like your engine parts :wink:

It works too...much quieter than the standard crumbley foam pads.

How much does the dynamat cut down on noise i have done all the inside exept my roof and the floor under the front seats to the dash(waiting on the rest of the retrim) but under the hood is bare for now..I thought about it but im wondering how much it will really help....also hows the heat with it?Does the motor get hot

How much does the dynamat cut down on noise i have done all the inside exept my roof and the floor under the front seats to the dash(waiting on the rest of the retrim) but under the hood is bare for now..I thought about it but im wondering how much it will really help....also hows the heat with it?Does the motor get hot

How's things Russ? Painted your car yet?

Hard to say how much dynamat cuts down noise as i also used felt. Its certainly very worth while if your fitting a large system as you can play it loud without the whole car buzzing. The biggest gains i got were from using 12mm thick felt under the back seats and on the boot (trunk :wink:) floor. I did my car in stages, once i did the back of the car i noticed the foot wells seemed noisy. Felted+dynamatted the footwells and the doors+quarters became the noisy areas so i addressed them next. With the 35series tyres and rock hard suspension i think its the way to keep the car anything like civilised.

New stuff pics. VF Engine mount seems really good quality, polished it, silly really as you won't see it. Also polished a lower front strutbrace i picked up second hand, this will be chromed.

ok thanks..I did the whole trunk and 1/4's but the floor and firewall will wait.The roof and doors will be done when i put the car back together...No paint yet but have been keeping busy.Check my thread.....

pic of the car in the carpark at work. interesting to see the contrast with regular cars rather than being parked up with showcars.

workpic.jpg

it looks to me that the METRO owner is a wee bit pi553d off as his motor isnt the best anymore !

so he has no option but to " WEE" on LEE,s car cheeky bu99a ?

A20 LEE, :lol: nice one...i had mine like that but then i got a bigger stretch and put the wheels slightly inside the arch and slammed it more

im gonna need to get my arches done now i think has the back are ridiculous

My fronts are like taht too and they make contact with the arches!! Just waiting for the tyres to wear down a bit so it doesn't

My fronts are like taht too and they make contact with the arches!! Just waiting for the tyres to wear down a bit so it doesn't

though very close mine have never rubbed. Probably because the car was built around the rims. Steve originally built your car around 9x16 keskins so there probably not as much room to play with. I'll have to have a closer look at your arches to see if the flared there same amount as mine.

Bally, thought you would :lol:

must catchup with you at E38 lee.. want to speak to you abt some stuff you've done to yr car...

lee as always was amazing, nice to chat to you as well glad to hear shes a keeper!

you too, don't know were that rumour came from, probably Rabby with the S3 Polo as he's after it. But after 11 shows this year i'm looking forward to a long time out.

Lee, I have to say that until E38, all I had seen or heard about your car was the stuff in PVW and the pics on here - but having seen it in the metal, any doubts there are about the quality of your 'rado have been completely dispelled, it's a fantastic car - well done...

Lee, I have to say that until E38, all I had seen or heard about your car was the stuff in PVW and the pics on here - but having seen it in the metal, any doubts there are about the quality of your 'rado have been completely dispelled, it's a fantastic car - well done...

Yep I echo that.. a truly awsome car!

i take it you took a piece of silverware home today lee?

Glassware actually...

corrado results..

1st > A20lee.....and another one for......sorry i have forgotton

2nd> Jay renshaw

3rd> gareth.. OSV

Pvw choice > Jay renshaw..

congratulations guys..

lee i'll give ya book value for it,, as its in not bad condition......

have ya figured it out yet how much i love your car

LEE I need some help! I picked up a set of the porsche mirrors.I know that you said you got a rhd and a lhd base.I see there different but will they wok on the oem lhd base? And if not could i get you to assist me in sorcing one from a RHD porsche? I have 2 sets to go on 2 cars so i would need 2. But any help and or pics you have to help me with this would be great! you can e-mail me [email protected] not on here much anymore. thanks lee and congrats on another 1st place, well deserved.

Russell

Congrats mate. Hope you dog was OK mate. :)

Jay

Yeah he was fine, treated him to a KFC to make up for leaving him all afternoon.