A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

So Lee...you drive this on the regular?

I figured as much, going by PVW's shot of ure brakes...they look used ;)

Awesome car...one of my favorites of all time.

yes, the pics do look satin, kinda gives it a glowing effect, all I know is my car is gonna be tornado red with a pearl satin finish on it. kinda gives a nice sheen to it.

just been on vortex, guess the mags out now.

thats the down side of a studio shoot, it doesn't really show the finish of the paint. I was offered a shoot in a quarry (same one as PVW's rallye) but i really wanted to do a studio shoot as i've never done one. As it turned out the day of the shoot it was pouring it down.

The studio is actually a double garage on the back of a large semi detached house on a really bumpy uneven road with 2" deep puddles so the car was filthy and soaking wet (+260mile drive from leeds to sevenoaks). If you look under the car on pages 62-63 you can see the puddles of water the car brought into the studio.

A20 LEE is still my only car but much as i'd like to use it all the time i can't as it obviously couldn't be left in a supermarket car park and its too higher risk a car to leave in a pub car park at night. Its a case of, if i think it will be safe i'll take it. If its not worth the risk its the bus.

About time i took some new pics i think as its been nearly a year since i did the factory ones.

just been on vortex, guess the mags out now.

thats the down side of a studio shoot, it doesn't really show the finish of the paint. I was offered a shoot in a quarry (same one as PVW's rallye) but i really wanted to do a studio shoot as i've never done one. As it turned out the day of the shoot it was pouring it down.

The studio is actually a double garage on the back of a large semi detached house on a really bumpy uneven road with 2" deep puddles so the car was filthy and soaking wet (+260mile drive from leeds to sevenoaks). If you look under the car on pages 62-63 you can see the puddles of water the car brought into the studio.

A20 LEE is still my only car but much as i'd like to use it all the time i can't as it obviously couldn't be left in a supermarket car park and its too higher risk a car to leave in a pub car park at night. Its a case of, if i think it will be safe i'll take it. If its not worth the risk its the bus.

About time i took some new pics i think as its been nearly a year since i did the factory ones.

Props to you for actually driving your car. :thumb right: Awesome job!!

its quite understandable why you would not drive it around all the time, I wouldnt. I guess its time to get another 16V isnt it! :-)

goddam lee.....your car is gorgeous!! everytime i see a pic of ur car i right click>save picture (90% of the time its already on my pc :D)

goddam lee.....your car is gorgeous!! everytime i see a pic of ur car i right click>save picture (90% of the time its already on my pc :D)

thanks mate. new pics are coming. I'll see if i can get one of my mates to help me do some moving shots.

pic of the car in the carpark at work. interesting to see the contrast with regular cars rather than being parked up with showcars.

workpic.jpg

shame that metros there else A20 LEE would have been the nicest car there!! :D

as you can tell by looking around the carpark there's no car enthusiants at my work. :lol: I reckon its the dullest carpark i've ever seen for lack of even remotely interesting cars.

They must all think you mad!

they do, they constantly take the piss and read the forum for amo...gits. Still they were envious yesterday when the girls downstairs were checking out the C.

still hard to grasp the fact its a daily driver, you must wash it nightly! my work carpark is simular, theres a couple of audi company cars but nothing that interesting, I've had a couple of people asking 'are you driving that corrado? ...nice!' which is always good to hear.

they do, they constantly take the piss and read the forum for amo...gits. Still they were envious yesterday when the girls downstairs were checking out the C.

I think I know what you mean there, all my best mates think I'm a nutter when it comes to cars..(which I am admittedly) and its hard to explain why we have done what us dubbers do to our cars, their view is just buy a nice new car or something.. (..cough.. boring) I'm just not that way inclined, but never the less its getting progressively harder to make up excuses as to why I can’t make it to nights out etc.. can’t wait for the damn thing to be finished! BTW Lee yours looks the nuts in that pic, do like that Metro though :lol:

Hi Lee - obviously killer car etc. Joint all time favourite Corrado along with the German UPS and the German silver one with GT2 seats. Good to have a UK car on the exclusive world stage!

I've always liked that Momo wheel - can you still get them? I can't seem to find one.

Thanks

Jinks

Hi Lee - obviously killer car etc. Joint all time favourite Corrado along with the German UPS and the German silver one with GT2 seats. Good to have a UK car on the exclusive world stage!

I've always liked that Momo wheel - can you still get them? I can't seem to find one.

Thanks

Jinks

thanks Jinks,

steering wheel is no-longer available unfortunately. I'm considering selling it at the moment but can find anything i like as i'm after one with a padded centre.

Think he means the thing which looks like a rose that appears at the passenger side of the car. See how it could look like a rose perhaps but my money is on it being a photographers floodlight fitted with red-light bulb to improve / alter tone and contrast on the car when it appears in photos.

Cheers

Think he means the thing which looks like a rose that appears at the passenger side of the car. See how it could look like a rose perhaps but my money is on it being a photographers floodlight fitted with red-light bulb to improve / alter tone and contrast on the car when it appears in photos.

Cheers

its a plug, there was a flash with a yellow lense behind the car.

Pick for kev, from the chrome vr t thread. My motor in bits.

is the motorsport badge fro trimsport?

i cut down a piece of ally at work to the same size as the outline for the sticker which sits on the fan cover then took it to a sign writers for engraving.

Pick for kev, from the chrome vr t thread. My motor in bits.

Mmmm, I like those shiney bits 8) They would be wasted on me though as I don't lift the bonnet at all during winter, so they'd get covered in that nice fluffy white scaley stuff!

Are you going to laquer them or leave them bare?

You like your dynamat. I can heartily recommend dynamat extreme on the bonnet and then covered with Hoodliner, which is nice and shiney like your engine parts :wink:

It works too...much quieter than the standard crumbley foam pads.