A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

A20 LEE, the pic of the bumper with dust on it :lol: if u cant cover the whole splitter like that, its jus not worth picturing :lol: your lucky u dont have to go to Gwerks, last time i went i couldnt see the splitter coz of the dust.

its nice to see you still enjoy it and its not just all wrapped up

How is the engine dirty but not where your washer fluid bottle use to be that is weird.

Probably cos the engine gets hot and leaves water marks i'd guess.

A20 LEE, the pic of the bumper with dust on it :lol: if u cant cover the whole splitter like that, its jus not worth picturing :lol: your lucky u dont have to go to Gwerks, last time i went i couldnt see the splitter coz of the dust.

its nice to see you still enjoy it and its not just all wrapped up

If your splitter ain't covered in muck after a trip it isn't low enough eh' :lol: Had to put up a clean pic too, that dirty one's bothering me.

Had to put up a clean pic too, that dirty one's bothering me.

:lol: :lol: :wink:

If you want to make sure its ok while your at work then I dont mind looking after it for you 8)

Hey Lee.

I was just going over your PVW feature once more.

You are running 225/35-17 tires on the rear.

Where did you get these?

Here in the USA, http://www.tirerack.com and http://www.tires.com do not carry the size.

Thanks.

Yes, i got them from http://www.mytyres.co.uk. They also operate in the US under this name http://www.tires-easy.com/

There a Pirelli PZero Nero and they offer a better ride than the 205/40/17 Toyos i had before which really surprised me. I also went for a 215/35/17 up front. German cars usual go for 225's alround but i wanted the stretch on the narrower front rim to match the rear. Only Pirelli and Conti's are available in 215 and 225/35/17 with matching tread patterns.

EDIT: Just checked that website, they don't list Pirelli but you could try speak to they directly. I found them to be very helpful.

HTH,

Had to put up a clean pic too, that dirty one's bothering me.

:lol: :lol: :wink:

If you want to make sure its ok while your at work then I dont mind looking after it for you 8)

Thanks for the offer :lol:

Yes, i got them from http://www.mytyres.co.uk. They also operate in the US under this name http://www.tires-easy.com/

There a Pirelli PZero Nero and they offer a better ride than the 205/40/17 Toyos i had before which really surprised me. I also went for a 215/35/17 up front. German cars usual go for 225's alround but i wanted the stretch on the narrower front rim to match the rear. Only Pirelli and Conti's are available in 215 and 225/35/17 with matching tread patterns.

EDIT: Just checked that website, they don't list Pirelli but you could try speak to they directly. I found them to be very helpful.

HTH,

Thanks. I just gave them a ring and they said they only sell the Conti's, Hankooks, and Falkens...same three listed on the site. Works though.

Thanks again.

HTH,

Thanks. I just gave them a ring and they said they only sell the Conti's, Hankooks, and Falkens...same three listed on the site. Works though.

Thanks again.

No problem. I mean't contact Pirelli directly though, my fault read what i wrote and it wasn't clear. Conti's are good but wear quickly. Got a spare 225/35/17 Falken which I bought for the bodyshop to shape my arches (pirelli's didn't arrived in time), looks a good tyre. Quite narrow for a 225 which helps.

Christ, just read the whole article AGAIN for the 100th time now I think, really an epic car and my deffo favourite.

Got any recent shots? What new wheels you putting on?

Cool! Nice job.

I like the way you've removed those awkward lips. Did your box also have a ridge where I've draw a red line in the attached picture? Removing that must have made it a lot easier to get in around where the linkage attaches.

I wish I'd done what you've done now. Aren’t you worried about affecting the strength of the case? A bit of flex in the case could destroy your gears. Brave man, hacking bits off the case like that! :lol: :D 8)

Cool! Nice job.

I like the way you've removed those awkward lips. Did your box also have a ridge where I've draw a red line in the attached picture? Removing that must have made it a lot easier to get in around where the linkage attaches.

I wish I'd done what you've done now. Aren’t you worried about affecting the strength of the case? A bit of flex in the case could destroy your gears. Brave man, hacking bits off the case like that! :lol: :D 8)

Yeah it did have a ridge there. Left it in to start with but it had to come out as it could have ruined the chrome on the most visable part of the box. I'm confident than it serves no purpose with regard to strengthening to box case.

Christ, just read the whole article AGAIN for the 100th time now I think, really an epic car and my deffo favourite.

Got any recent shots? What new wheels you putting on?

The last shots i have are from E38, going to post pics of today work later tonight once i get my camera back. Haven't fully decide on wheels yet. My options are to chrome my current rims or replace them BBS GT's. Always loved porsche cup racer wheels which the GT is based on but they start in an 18" which is too big really. Japan gets 17" LM's which you don't see listed so just maybe its the same story with the GT's. PhatVR6 won't be happy if i do fit BBS GT's!!!

Yep, its true. Bought a secondhand subframe from Tricky and now refurb'ing that too. First things first it was showing some rust so i've stripped it back to bare metal (top side yesterday, underside today) to see its true condition. Luckily its just surface rust with no pitting so it will sand out. Wish i had a media blaster like they do on american hotrod!!

Once fully stripped i'll seam weld the whole thing and looking at the cups which hold the engine and gearbox mounts it maybe worth welding in some extra strengthening ribs to ensure the theres no twist.

What to do then!! Really can't decide whether i should chrome this, powdercoat in silver or paint it body colour.

What to do then!! Really can't decide whether i should chrome this, powdercoat in silver or paint it body colour.

come on mate, we all know which you really want to do deep down ;)

come on mate, we all know which you really want to do deep down ;)

ideally, yes your right. But, not sure how well it will take to such a complicated piece and i'll be charged the full cost even if it doen't work out.

try that new chrome powder coat someone posted on here?

Sounds ideal but is kind of cheating. Also want to see this process with my own eyes first, as it looks more like polished aluminium in the pics i've seen so far.

tbh if Jay wasnt such a decent honest bloke i would never believe him from te condition of the car, specially from the engine bays, you 2 keep the bays too mint to believe its a daily

mines not show clean all the time. Couple of pics will show you what I mean, just elbow grease the day before.

Couldnt 'quote' the images, but on p59 the dirty(!!) engine bay image.

Where are your HT leads!!!?