Sign in to follow this  
g-dub

Petrol Boycott,

Just passing it along - may be worth a try!

Seems like a good idea to be repeated....

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it We are hitting 95p a

litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a ltr.

Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day"

campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil>companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by

refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a

problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really

work. Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC

nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we

need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the

marketplace not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day,

we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down isif we hit

someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their

prices,the other companies will have to follow suit.> But to have an

impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.

It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep

reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I

am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least

ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth

generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If

those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then

30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further,

you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all You have to

do is send this to 10 people.

That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each

of us sends this email out toten more people within one day of receipt,

all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next

8days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did

you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you,

please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR

PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol

at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and

Esso.

Good idea.. currently buying my diesel at 92p ish a litre instead of paying normal petrol station prices!

I try not to buy at Esso anyways - apparently they are/were the only one of the big oil companies not to be researching alternative fuels...

Problem on here is that a lot of the guys swear by the Super UL from BP... Me, I run an 8V NA so I don't care! :lol:

Waste of time. £1.20 by Christamas and will still be rising like f***. This ain't a blip. Roll on 1974 - blackouts, having to walk, 3 day week, wild cat strikes.

Good thing though, loads of 4x4 going cheap next year.

I only do about 35 miles a day currently, so a few p here and there doesn't affect me much but it's still a horrendous sum we pay for fuel. And when you supercharge or turbo a VR, you give up looking at the MPG function of the MFA anyway!

I'll switch over to Optimax for a while then :lol: I'm currently paying around 98p for Ultimate :roll: anything to try lower the prices! worth a try...

will do shell it is then, personally i think this is a good idea, it does'nt matter how many miles ya do if we could drop it, if only 10p it would make a big difference to everyone especially if ya run a charged vr :lol:

The government should be looking to help the bloody public out now by dropping tax a bit.. but whilst they can profit even more from this price hike, guess they'll sit back rubbing their hands.. w*nkers.

dont use esso or bp anyway.just have to put up with tesco's 94.9 for superunleaded. the tesco right by my house approx 50yards away has stopped selling superunleaded now the spotty,ugly bum there said only small garages stock it now.....thats why i get it at a tesco garage approx 8miles away.didnt know tesco were small independant garages these days.

even sainsbury arent that cheap asda tend to be the best round here i find.

This is the issue: the petrol suppliers actually have a lot of competition amongst themselves, and their profit margins (on the fuel) are relatively slim. The people making the most out of this are the government. I never understood why fuel tax wasn't a fixed levy of e.g. 40p/litre, instead of this current system where they get a %age so every time the oil goes up, so does taxation...

Of course, fuel in this world is too cheap on the whole, otherwise people wouldn't drive so many heinously inefficient cars (ahem). Well ok, but I do 6k miles/yr in my VR at 24mpg. What about the company BMW X5s doing 25k miles/yr at 18mpg?

See, the thing that makes this even worse is the extra profit that the government is skimming in off these price rises. Why can't they just temporarily adjust the percentage to bring the prices back in line.. with the increased prices, they'll still be raking in the amount they were before..

It just pretty much sums up Labour IMHO that they can sit back and watch the public get taxed to the bloody limit, and not even give a rats ass.. they have the power to ease off the financial burden but instead they just use it as a money grabbing exercise.

Spot on dr_mat, its not the oil companies causing the problem its the government as I understand it.

I don't think it's fair to single out Labour for criticism here Jim, you know very well the others would be exactly the same .. This petrol taxation escalator has been in place since the 70s (if not before), and it's always worked the same, no matter who was in power..

Ok ok.. fair enough.. my rant should be levelled at the Government as a whole. But Labour do pi$$ me off in general mate so ;)

I would say it should be levelled at politicians as a whole, unpleasant, reactionary, vote-grabbing people all of 'em!

It can't be a coincidence that the country's current feeling of civil unrest and anger has come about since Blair came into power!

if i still lived in the u.k. i'd struggle to afford petrol but the prices are flying up here now too around the 1 euro mark for 98

still cheaper

In the Bristol area diesel is about 92p a litre. I do about 400-450 miles on a full tank which costs about £40 ish. For arguments sake, lets say about 10p a mile, however at work I have essential car users allowance which pays 30p a mile. So in that respect I don't really care about the price of fuel......

On the other hand when it comes to the VR thats a different story, :roll: :(

to be honest i think all the fuel comes from the same places but if enough people boycott, esso and bp the they may have to bring the prices down to get people back

I do think proabably 99% of politicians are scheming little wan*ers! but obviously we need some kind of system as opposed to utter chaos. I think fuel tax is something like 80% anyway, so as was mentioned, why are the fuel companies getting penalised? I know it's easier to boycott the fuel companies but it's hardly the best solution. And the guy who wrote that can't honestly think petrol will come down to 69p/l! what a joker!