Sign in to follow this  
steveh

Headlight Mod

go on then which is the best loom to buy?......

and where do i buy it?......

and how many magic beans will I have to hand over???? :roll:

Gavins are the best I'd say, many people on here have bought his looms, including me! 8)

He is called H100VW on this site, pm him for details.

IIRC it is £50 delivered and believe me the loom is superb, you'll wonder how you managed without it! :)

HTH

VR6 campaign eh!!! any pics??

£50 will get you a nice loom from Gavin that is all wrapped up....OR £10 will get you one from Halfords that you can wrap yourself

ok will get in touch with gavin to find out what his kit consists of and if it fits straight in. :?

Campaign pics below although theyre not very good but it gives you an idea of what she looks like. :D

8)

new to the site... can somebody hook me up to the gavin guy that makes or sells upgraded headlight wiring harnesses? ricky 580.465.6972 cell

Gavin's user name is H100VW, he's got the first post on this page, if you click on the PM button on that post, you can send him a personal message and ask him any questions you have... 8)

Ok....I've been motivated by all the talk about headlight looms and i've gone and made my own.

Can I just say...it's dam good fun and the results were better than expected.....can't wait to take it for a drive...

But one problem....and this could be the whole 'dim dip' thing.

when i turn the lights on the first click....normally a small bulb in the light will light up. but now the whole lot comes on so that there is no difference between the first click and the 2nd.

How can I get this back? I've tried to find the 'dim dip' resistor but cannot seem to find it.

anyone have any ideas??

The dim-dip resistor lives on the inner wing next to the battery... There's a yellow multiplug with 2 yellow wires going in and out of it... Disconnect this and - voila! - no more dim-dip sh!t... ;) 8)

does this mod make much difference?

havent got it on mine......as yet......but it should make a huge difference........and apart from anything else......instead of the yellow-ish glow ur standard h/lights give off pre-loom...once fitted the headlights give off a white light 8)

does this mod make much difference?

in 2 words? HELL YES! 8)

This mod (and probably the Lupo wipers mod a close second) is a must do to any Corrado... the difference in the lights is unreal... Bright, White light instead of a dim yellow glow... 8)

quick question

do gavins looms uprate both the dipped beam AND the main beam, or are they just for the dipped beam?

quick question

do gavins looms uprate both the dipped beam AND the main beam, or are they just for the dipped beam?

'Oh yes'. In a Churchill dog styleee. :lol:

Gavin

Use Osram SilverStar bulbs - http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk - with the loom and you will be a happy man

My loom should be coming next week. Does any one know where you can buy these bulbs? Its just I want to get them fitted and headlamps aligned when its in the garage on Monday. Halfords :? :?:

Mike, have you looked on ebay? You won't get them for monday but the setting of your lights won't be affected.

Gavin

You won't get them for monday but the setting of your lights won't be affected.

I thought that you had to take the headlights out when changing the bulbs :? and that they would need to be realigned after. Don't know why I think this though. Am I talking Pap :oops:

The best way of changing the bulbs is to remove the headlight units. Easier that doing it in-situ.

But as it's an enclosed unit, there's not need to adjust the allignment. Just plug and play!

The 3 screws that hold each light are independant of the adjustment. No need to mess with anything.

Gavin

anybody know what colours do what on the 4 pin headlight plugs as i am in work at the moment with nothing better to do than make up a headlight loom, i have a set of the headlight plugs so i dont have to alter the cars wiring at all

the 4 wires are

thick brown (im guessing ground)

thick yellow

thick white

thin grey/red

the c is at home so i cant check it with a meter

Yellow=dip beam

White=Main beam

grey/red=sidelight

Brown=earth

cheers for that

nice to see someone who actually sells the looms still willing to share his knowledge :thumb right: