Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

Recommended exhaust fitters

Well after the centre section of my standard system disintegrating 2 days before e38 I decided it was time to upgrade to stainless! Especially when VW wanted £158 for the centre section :shock:

So... the new system was fitted by Top Gear Performance in Basingstoke and is from the cat back. They did an absolutely top job for me and even put in a straight through stainless section (for free) the week before it was booked in just so I could get to e38 8)

Top Gear build custom systems and you can choose exactly how you want it i.e. how loud and what type of tip you want... I was even able to say how I wanted the tip to sit in the bumper cut out (which was done just right) and I can honestly say that I have no knocking at all 8)

Matt, the guy who fitted it all for me also has a C which started life as a G60 but now has a VR under the hood... very much a work in progress car but will look fat when he's finished! Matt said that they get a lot of VW's in for systems which he prefers to fit himself so he can be sure of a quality fit...

A full custom cat back will cost in the region of £350 or they can do a back box for £180 / centre box £150

Contact: Top Gear Performance Basingstoke 01256 472150 or Top Gear website

Some pics of mine... (car is filthy :oops: )

Thank you... I didn't want it to look like it wasn't stock tbh - even thought about having it come out at the same angle as the stock pipe does but didn't want to chance it in case it looked dodgy! It is a bit too loud for my liking at the moment but it's going back next Friday to be made a bit quieter 8)

LONGLIFE

Quick efficient service, Lovely looking & sounding exhaust, tuned and made especialy for me.

PLYMOUTH branch, manager a bit patronising, staff extremely friendly and welcoming, very helpful especialy in aftersales.

I did have to take the car back here but they discovered that the problem that I had was infact not related to the new exhaust.

Cat--->Back inc. £50 limited edt. tailpipe = £385

Phil - heard your car at the se-meet - My standard is going to need replacing soon and a cold wet winter may just finish it off quicker.

Looks like a trip to basingstoke may be on the cards

Redruth Tyre center.

Redruth cornwall.

Custom exausts, Really nice guys love their V-dubs.

Really well priced. £10 ish an hour labour.

Havnt done my c yet but they did a great job on my Polo and even went as far as suggesting suitable tailpipes.

does anyone know of a reputable dealer/fitter in the lancashire area,close to blackpool as poss??

Hmm, I live literally 5 mins from Top-Gear. Think they will be getting a call in the morning as my C has just politely asked for a new system... :mad:

does anyone know of a reputable dealer/fitter in the lancashire area,close to blackpool as poss??

Pipewerx in Wigan, Ian Birch owns and makes the systems, he did mine when he worked at Blueflame also in Wigan, he uses their boxes on the custom exhausts i think as well, had mine over 2 years and not a single prob since it was custom made.

Urban Racing in St.Helens are top notch.

http://www.urban-racing.com/

They use Blueflame kit and it is all custom built on the car.

Top quality stuff with a lifetime guarantee.

Ask for Dave Pike and tell him Stu sent ya.

Recently got a Milltek stainless cat back system fitted by JMR in Littlehampton for about £320 including all new hangers and rubbers :)

Then realised that the cat was also duff (failed MOT emissions) so bought a 'stock' (400cpsi) replacement cat from http://www.sportcats.co.uk

It was delivered in 2 working days, made from stainless steel and has good solid construction, and at £125 delivered, was a no-brainer compared to the £485 VW wanted! :shock: :lol:

Passed MOT emissions beautifully *phew* 8)

Edit: I like the OE style of the Milltek's oval tip, and it was pretty quiet but with a nice deep note - can't really hear it so well now my airbox is drilled! :lol:

Exhaustuk in sheffield fitted my full system on my Bravo, cost £310 for cat-back and £170 for sports cat which was really well put together, would highly recommend

01142 447123

http://www.exhaustuk.com

:)

They did my 1st exhaust and they sized the pipe wrong (too small) it always had a slight knock (went back numerous times always goot looked at never fixed), boxes/baffles didnt last long, had a lifetime warranty and was so unhappy with them i went elsewhere (Blueflame) top job not 1 single problem, made to a higher standard and for cheaper, bargain.

Does anyone know any good exhuast companies in the bristol area??

the rad is going to need one by the time the MOT comes around!!!

If you need someone in the Kent/East Sussex I can highly recommend Freeway in Tunbridge Wells. They only stock OE stuff but don't mind fitting and working on "performance" exhausts. They adjusted by crappy Powerflow system, stopped it banging on the rear beam and fitted new rubbers for £17. Top chaps and they're open all day Saturday too. :salute:

http://www.freewayfastfit.co.uk/

Exhaustuk in sheffield fitted my full system on my Bravo, cost £310 for cat-back and £170 for sports cat which was really well put together, would highly recommend

01142 447123

http://www.exhaustuk.com

:)

They did my 1st exhaust and they sized the pipe wrong (too small) it always had a slight knock (went back numerous times always goot looked at never fixed), boxes/baffles didnt last long, had a lifetime warranty and was so unhappy with them i went elsewhere (Blueflame) top job not 1 single problem, made to a higher standard and for cheaper, bargain.

Hi Simon

I need some bits & ss welding done - whereabouts are "Blueflame"?

Good job they come with a life time warranty then! :lol:

Not my problem any more anyways matey - sold over a year ago and not seen nor heard of it since! Shame though as would love to know how it's doing now :(

nice one phil! it looks top! ;)

i may have to give them a go mayself... especially since basingstoke is almost next door to me...

my stock exhaust is on it's last legs, n i was thinkin of goin stainless too... but want it to look as stock as possible...