Sign in to follow this  
StirlingStorm

Presenting the new VW Eos - Anyone interested?

Well, here's the lowdown on the production version of the Concept C tin-top convertible.

VW Eos - Frankfurt Motor Show Press Release

More discussions here!

I dunno about you guys but a VR6 Eos looks like my next car! I'm also told the pics don't do it justice (especially from the side) so it would be interesting to see one in the flesh...

Opinions?

It looks quite nice but just like most of the other current euro boxes, it'll be quiet, extremely well made, handle well, have loads of toys, weigh more than an Iceberg and be devoid of any spirit and character.....compared to cars of old.

front on it is FAR too BMW for my tastes... :|

Nice idea to have a sunroof in a convertable though... wonder how long before it breaks?!? ;) :lol:

My Storm's getting well ropey now so I need a new car before long, this might just be the one. Having said that I read somewhere recently that VW are planning 5-10 new models in the near future, I reckon the chances of one of them being a Corrado replacement must be quite high... maybe I should wait!

Front and rear views look quite nice I think. It must weigh loads though with that SLK-esque tin top. There's a bit too much of a gap between the top of the wheel arch and the top of the car for my liking which to me gives it a Megane Cab type look. Interior looks sumptous though :)

Another copycat coupe convertible thats fat and bloated looking, not even as if VW's are better built than the competition anymore - they can stick the Eos.

Telling that I was in the Brand Managers office at Wayside VW in Milton Keynes today. I asked him why he had a framed print of the Corrado Storm advert on his wall - his response "Last good car VW made - that will come down when VW better it so its guaranteed to be there for a while yet"

I'm not that impressed - looks very bland. by comparison, when i first saw pictures of the ford offering due soon, the vignale, i think thats a very nice looking motor

focusvignale1-3.jpg

focusvignale2-3.jpg

focusvignale3-3.jpg

ford_focus_vignale_concept_2004_03.jpg

Problem is, as nice as it looks, it looks too samey to the Eos. Theres nothing particularly distinctive about either of them. If it wasn't for the badge on the grille i'd struggle to work out who manufactured either of them..