Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Name the Corrado part !

Being off work and now feeling better/bored, plus knowing i'm signed off next week I thought i'd think of an annoying thread to start. :oops: :oops:

Well this is the best I came up with. Post a close up of an obscure corrado part and see how long it takes for someone to guess what it is.

I'll start with an easy one from my VR. Sorry I know its childish :roll: , but its the best i could think of and I'll probably end up learning something if it kicks off. Wait for one to finish before you wade in with yer macro setting! :wink:

GD it, yes! Thought it might last more than 15 mins, good work mate! Its gonna take some effort to flumux anyone on here. Anyone got a goodie?

Scan 3 & 4 to go.

Well done to those on scan 1 & 2.

1 My tailpipe with crystals inside after winter storage one year a while back.

2 MAF sensor used on the 1995 VR6 - The thin film sensor version.

Is scan 3 VR specific?

Ermmmm. No. But it is rare!

"lets make this really hard!"

So I did! There is a clue if you are clever about it, ie. examine the evidence presented.

Well looking at the image it around 30cm long and 10cm wide, the date pattern stamped on the back indicates a part from a later car and you have also obscured the last section of the part number.

Its fairly dirty but not that dirty that it sits on the outside of the car, humn.

I suppose it it obvious from the other side!!

Not unless its missing the parcel tray section that sits underneath, its a bit of an oddity.

So far I have thought of radiator trim thingy, lots of varrying dash panels and a few more but the 'its rare' comment has thrown me even furthur!

My shot in the dark would be an airbag trim cover.

No cheating and phoning VW chaps! Cheating isn't allowed. Anyway it's weekend.

I'll post answers tomorrow night if I can after I get back from Ragley Hall. The panel has been asked about in the last week. I've only ever seen one in ten years so that's how rare it is.

It is a cover but where? It lets a Corrado do something but rarely a Corrado does it.

Yip,

The rear bumper cover when the bayonet ball towing arm isn't fitted.

You two are going to tell me that every other Corrado tows a caravan in Bristol & Trowbridge!!

Only one to go...........