Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

OH my god. u need to see this if you like engineering

Is it just me or does anyone else think it looks like a corsa in that third pic? (I know its not after clicking the link, but I was confused for a moment there.)

Is it just me or does anyone else think it looks like a corsa in that third pic? (I know its not after clicking the link, but I was confused for a moment there.)

I thought that too! Thought g-man was extracting the urine! :)

I thought everyone was getting abit soft thinking a corsa looked good. :D Scary really how everything starts looking the same. Wonder how big the radiator is..

Yeah, must admit, I thought so too that that was a Corsa in the 3rd piccie :lol:

Still, ugly headlight, but very nice piece of engineering inside, which is what counts :-)

Tempest

yeah, sort of simular headlights and the way the back 1/4 looks very rounded from that angle makes it look very corsa-esque. I bet it goes like stink though!

would it be technically possible to turbo and supercharge a vr/r32? or at least something a bit more beefy than that 1.8 ;)

Yup corsa all the way.

Some very nice engine work though, I am assuming its a custom inlet manifold too.

Does it suck up small children as it goes by with that much 'blown' power? :norty:

Just had a quick look at the tech spec of the engine!! That's some serious work!

Just how much work, money and time would it take to do that to a 1.8T??

would it be technically possible to turbo and supercharge a vr/r32? or at least something a bit more beefy than that 1.8 ;)

Anything is possible mate; which is another way of saying it will cost a fortune :-)

hmm yep i thought that kev since s/c and t/c the vr are pricey in themselves ;) it'd be interesting to see one done though, purely to see where they put everything!

The Glader would go where the Alternator currently lives and then alternator would have to drop down underneath or sit up above the exhaust manifold like on the Golf Limited......or some clever git could turn the flywheel into a combined starter/alternator, thereby dispensing with the alt altogether. Renault had a crack at that some years ago, as part of their pulleyless engine research, dunno how they got on with it though.

But anyway, it would be easier to do in a Golf though as there's more room!