Supercharged

MK4 288mm Brakes on a G60???

Ok, I've got a MK4 engine and now MK4 rear brakes and Dom is selling a front brake setup minus the discs at a good price...

Does anyone know if the 288mm brakes will fit onto a G60 provided I can get the discs with the correct stud pattern (4stud)??

The G60/VR6 Carriers are the same part so the bolts must line up and I have 16" wheels so that shouldn't be a problem and no ABS on the TDi.

Anyone have any ideas about discs - SEAT maybe??

OT I know (sorry!) but if you've not got ABS hooked up, how are you not getting the perpetual warning light on the MK4 display cluster thingy?

OT I know (sorry!) but if you've not got ABS hooked up, how are you not getting the perpetual warning light on the MK4 display cluster thingy?

Not sure Jim, I guess it's bypassed in some way, everything else works - handbrake warning light etc... Just the original car was an early G60 that didn't have ABS..

Are Ford 4x100 aswell ?? I noticed an RS Focus with 4 stud and Brembo brakes the other day............pretty sure SEAT are 4x100 anyway, must be possible ....

Yeah, cheers guys... I'v been looking at ETKA, not found anything yet really tho..

I did notice the new Tourans come with 350mm brakes and the W8 comes with 364's tho!!!

Vectras use the same ATE 288 setup aswell, so might be worth ringing Marshalls and seeing if they do them in 4 stud? Some of the early lower powered Veccies must have been 4 stud?

The ABS, Airbags, Squirter level, Seat belt waring are all softcoded in the instrument cluster ECU. Once you have coded the the controller properly no warning lights or beeps!!!

Steve, how's the C going?

Hello! - was just about to email you actually (been meaning to write a long email for a while!)

It's superb mate, I had a few things to do (replace) to get it thru the MOT but it's going really well...

VAG COM'd it yesterday, no faults apart from the ones you showed me (abs/air bags etc) but I was trying to turn the variable servicing off as i'm just changing oil every 5k's - maybe don't need VAG Com for this?

Took your DAB antenna off yesterday, will send it up unless you fancy coming to the Rolling Road day at Stealth on the 27Th (see events forum)?

Also still want the trim and Bentley if you still have it... I'll be in touch shortly!

Resurrecting an old thread but was looking for info about 288mm brakes on a 4 stud. Lotus Elise discs are 288mm and 4x100. Can't find info about bore or whatever and I'm not entirely sure what it would all mean but might be something for someone whis looking to put 288mm discs on a 4 stud and who has more knowledge to look into?

Get some SEAT Ibiza 305mm Brembos. They are worth it.

Failing that (having tried 'one or two' combinations) - a set of brand new standard genuine G60 discs, pads flexihoses and fluid will make you realise how good the original brakes were when new.

HTH