Sign in to follow this  
Lippy

Lippy's Corrado - BBQD :( :(

I think they just absorb any slight imbalance in the driveshaft. I've never had one on any of my VWs, so they all either fell off, or never had one to begin with! People very rarely notice any difference!

I hope you fitted a VW switch, or you'll be doing it again in 6 months :lol:

kevHaywire, correctamundo, nearly dislocated my back wedging my not so slight frame into the car!

anyone tell me where I can get a dual pole oil temp sender for the VDO, just searched and came up with nothing. I am sure I remember a post from NickVR6 aswell...

never seen one.... use a T piece and get a temp sensor from GSF for about £1.50.... T-pieces are about £4 from Demon Tweeks.

I think I have been going slightly mad the past few days. My dribble count on some posts have been off the scale, pg 2 takes the biscuit tho!

"where can you get them t pieces from Henny?"

"demon tweeks"

"where can you get them t pieces from Henny? wibble... oooh they have the internet on computers now"

GazzaG60, dual sender is for oil pressure... he's on about oil temp... ;)

cheers chaps, I'll get one ordered.

Does anyone know anything about these bad boys? Was just browsing a alloy wheel shop online and came across em, 4 stud according to piccie. Not seen them before, and no-one seems to have mentioned them on here after a quick search.

If I get a pay rise after Xmas I am defo saving for some rims, and these fit the bill at the moment. Does anyone know costs or whether they are still available?

bet you can pick 'em up off ebay.de... ;) (not a subtle hint or anything... ;) :lol: )

I've got these on my new Rado I'll be collecting Sunday. They're not my cup of tea so will be taking them off soon if you're interested. They are 17".

Dave

daves16v, no way, keep me posted but I don't know when I'll have any money with xmas looming.

Cant believe the conicidence factor!

daves16v, no way, keep me posted but I don't know when I'll have any money with xmas looming.

Cant believe the conicidence factor!

Yeah me too. They won't be coming off till after the new year anyway.

daves16v, you got a pic of the car your buying? be interested to see an non - shopped one

For some reason they look better in your photoshop job Lippy. I really like them. Most people tend to go for the same old rims on Rados, but be brave and be different :lol:

They're very much like my Team Dynamics ProRace 1s, which I really like, but no one else does, LOL!

ah the devils in the detail!

black inserts on the spokes and the inner rim, make it look a whole heap different. I've been keeping an eye out for some unique ish rims, and I have been lookin at the team dynamics stuff, however saw these and thought jobs a good un!!

hopefully the missus is watching and knows what I want for xmas!

You can hope.....

....fingers crossed :lol:

does anyone know the thread type for the t piece for the oil temp sensor.

Need to know the thread for the sensor and the thread into the block / oil filter housing (assuming thats where it'll need to screw into, am i right?)

Andrew

m10x1 *cough* clicky *cough*

This one will allow you to unscrew an existing sender, screw in the adaptor and then screw 2 senders into the adaptor... and all for £5.92!

Wherever the existing oil temp sensor originally goes... ;) remove, add T piece, connect original and new oil temp sensor to T piece, connect wiring. Job done. 8)

ah the devils in the detail!

black inserts on the spokes and the inner rim, make it look a whole heap different. I've been keeping an eye out for some unique ish rims, and I have been lookin at the team dynamics stuff, however saw these and thought jobs a good un!!

They look great with the black detailing, I think you should go for them. Liking those a lot. Not many wheels suit Ice grey, as I've found out, but those do!

Henny - nice one I'll get it ordered

Kev - yep, waiting to hear back on some costings. Will see how we go...

My car hates me at the moment, I am flat broke and am being bitten in the ass for not doing some jobs over the summer.

I need help with rear brakes, they are completely fooked and a grinding etc on a light press of the brakes gradually getting louder with pressure.

Just been searching for the mk iv upgrade tips - over £200 is this right?? Has anyone ordered the bits and bobs recently and know of anywhere cheaper.

I assume I will need:

2x mk iv calipers (sided)

1x pair of 98 GTi calipers

1x hose conversion kit (c&r?)

2x wheel bearing kits

2x rear plates - replace the old shitty looking one!

How much do you reckon this lot will set me back, should I sit down? I need the bits asap because I use the car daily. Also, how long will it take to fit them?