Sign in to follow this  
Lippy

Lippy's Corrado - BBQD :( :(

Hi,

I have been meaning for sooo long to post up some pics of my 94 Corrado 2.0 16v. Its just gone through 100k, I bought it with 90k on the clock.

I plan to use this thread to keep tabs on my to do list and will post any updates as required!

I have had the car for nearly a year, it's been a pleasure to own with no problems other than a couple of niggles.

Mods

Koni suspension
    Milltek SS cat back
    VDO gauges
    Stereo has replaced ash tray
    Cheapo gear knob from VAG
    Lupo wipers

Here are some pics - will post some more pics of the mods as and when :D

side_view_thumb.jpg

door_open_thumb.jpg

face_thumb.jpg

front_low_thumb.jpg

length_thumb.jpg

rear_thumb.jpg

spoiler_thumb.jpg

turn_01_thumb.jpg

Very nice! What colour is it? Where you going to relocate the stereo to?

edit: ok, just looked at your sig... Ice Grey I see!!!

Looks nice... have been thinking about painting my calipers red too but still can't make my mind up :lol:

Phil K, Cheers! Calipers were pre painted - could do with a touch up really.

dub envy, Thanks mate, planning to delete the ashtray, rehouse the cig lighter and add the stereo in the hole. Will then buy a panel which fits in the stereo slot to drop the Audi 52mm gauges. Keeps it looking OEM+. Did you go to Tatton Park, think I parked next door but one to yours mate. Car looks amazing!

Looking good Lippy I really like the colour

dub envy, Thanks mate, planning to delete the ashtray, rehouse the cig lighter and add the stereo in the hole. Will then buy a panel which fits in the stereo slot to drop the Audi 52mm gauges. Keeps it looking OEM+.

I did this today 8)

JBOB, glad to hear it only took a day - I'm hoping that it won't be a pain in the arse. Also, is your car parked in the kitchen :D

JBOB, glad to hear it only took a day - I'm hoping that it won't be a pain in the arse. Also, is your car parked in the kitchen :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No its in the garage but theres a sink and a big fridge freezer thats hasnt got any food inside just full of beer 8) It only took me a couple of hours to do but there isnt much room behind cos of the airbox, Three amps = loads of wiring :lol:

wicked, glad it didn't take tool long.

I'll post up pictures when I finish it on mine.

some mods to report on

VDO guages

milltek exhaust

cheapo gear knob

pics to follow!...

Lippy, come on then mate get some more pics up

oh and once i got all my bits together i might come for a spin up your way to get my gauges fitted if you dont mind???

ben

Everything been a bit quiet on the Rado front recently, moved house a couple of months ago which as caused some serious open wallet surgery.

Bought a set of sebrings (cheers red corrado 16v) to replace the 17" Wolfrace wheels, one had an allergy to a pot hole. The difference in the ride is impressive, so have been thinking of keeping the sebrings as you don't see many rados wearing them (correct me if I am wrong).

I would love to see my Rado wearing these beasts (see attached). How much would it cost do get this done and what are they like to keep a) clean b) corrosion free

Other things on todo list are:

New roof strips

Colour code rear number plate recess

Corrado mats + doorsills

Isolate a few squeaks and rattles!

They look rather nice actually.

Polished rims are a nightmare in the winter cos of the saft, my borbets are now looking a little worse for wear, so having winter wheels would be a good idea.

the scale is a bit off as they are covering my 17s on the pchop. could be a possibility, the missus would cry if I put another set of rims away for Winter!

think i'll do it!!! :lol:

mr beige, what kinda protection will help during the winter time?

as daft as it sounds, a light coat of WD40 once a week will help stop corrosion to raw polished alloy wheels over winter... just make sure you don't get it onto the brakes!!!

as daft as it sounds, a light coat of WD40 once a week will help stop corrosion to raw polished alloy wheels over winter... just make sure you don't get it onto the brakes!!!

Or just spray some on a rag and wipe over the wheels. Come spring, clean off and give em a good old polish.

yep I think so, you dont lose any money until you sell it!

Its going to get some TLC as hopefully I should have some more money coming my way (tax code cock up) so I can put more aside for treats! once I get some new rims and sort out some of the little niggles itll be like driving a different machine. Had a great drive on the way home last night, totally deserted b road hoon and she drove like a beaut!

ideally, I will keep it and eventually strip it down for some track day action when I can afford a house with more parking!

charged vr6 my arse* :lol:

*joking!

OK guys n gals, I need some help...

Serviced my car over the weekend, spotted a few issues which need fixing asap.

Has anyone got a picture of a 2.0 valver drive shaft (driver side)? There is a rubber ring, which seems to have come away from somewhere and appears to be moving up and down the shaft when the car is moving :shock:.

I have spoken to VAG and he can't find one on ETKA (need to go and visit in person) but if anyone has a useful piccie or ETKA diagram that would be great.

Cheers

Andrew

Cut it off. It's just a driveshaft damper. They always fall off eventually, so do it a favour and put it out of it's misery. VW stopped using them (or that method at least) eons ago.

ok cool - whats the point of them anyway?

just putting some parts together I think GSF will be getting some hammer.

Comin up:

cam belt

cam seal

crank seal

couple of new hoses from the oil cooler and water pump

twin pole oil temp sender for the MFA and VDO

Green LEDs for the guages (can't be arsed changing colour! :lol:)

Fitted the ignition switch this weekend, made a big difference to the starting (duh!) and idle seems more stable. Get in there!