Sign in to follow this  
Lippy

Lippy's Corrado - BBQD :( :(

would it not be possible to do a refurb on `em ala haynes for now shouldn`t cost too much and should last long enough to save for new calipers

or is it just a waste of time trying to save them??

dunno - may try and effect a running repair, but I know that the discs are shagged as they are caked in rust and grime - therefore minimal rear brakes anwyay! still pass two MOTs since I've had them on, hence why i put it off...

brakes will hopefully be OK, going to get new discs, bearings and go from there

ok quick question, been searching for ages for the location of the vac pipe that connects to the engine for the MFA mpg reading. I think this is disconnected, but want to make sure I am looking in the right place. Anyone got a pic?

not sure yours has one Lippy... think they're the same as the VR6 and the MFA readings are done by the ECU on the 2.0 16Vs?

anyone confirm?

would the ecu coolant temp switch bonk the mpg reading as it is in the wrong state and overfueling??

its really chuggy starting from cold, and the engine nearly cuts out without a little persuasion from the throttle

I'm tackling this weekend:

- fitting new rear discs and pads, hoping caliper can be rescued!

- rear wheel bearings

- getting new new front tyres and refurbing two alloy wheels (local company discount!)

- sort cold start problem / overfueling? and generally sooty exhaust (ecu coolant temp sensor a possibility)

I need some help with the following, i've searched but I am finding it difficult to find 9a specific details

- why is my MFA reporting 99.9 mpg. Confused, does the 9a use a vac pipe or is it via ECU?

- if it is ecu driven, why will it have suddenly gone wrong. What sensors / parts combine to work this out?

aye - confuscated as its a 9a not a KR - can someone confirm it is a vac pipe issue and the MPG is not fed from ECU as per Henny's post above?

It is via a vac pipe dude. The ECU isn't that clever! It could be leaking somewhere along the line or it isn't connected. The vac pipe connects to a pressure sensor on the back of the clocks and AFAIK to the rubber pipe just in front of the throttle body (there are two vac pipes there one for the MFA and one that goes to the airbox)

great exactly what I needed - I think I know which one your describing aswell.

If its disconnected what other effects would that have if any?

great exactly what I needed - I think I know which one your describing aswell.

If its disconnected what other effects would that have if any?

All it would affect is you MPG calculation as it uses the amount of vacuum to work out consumption of the engine AFAIK

Had a productive weekend for once! fitted new rear brake discs and pads, put two alloys in to be refurbed - turned out they were beyond repair... hastily rearranged some finances and got these for an absolute bargain.

Innovit CTS 17x7 (http://www.inovit.com/main.asp) , brand new, never been on a car with brand new Toyo Proxes 204/40. I needed wheels this weekend, as would have no means of transport... wouldn't have been #1 choice but they are light, have great brake clearance so should last for a long time.

What do you think?

p.s. not trying to copy the cheesewire mobile - although a set of APs and a turbo wouldnt go amiss :D

I quite like them! Good skills.....mmmmm turbo :lol:

Did you get the MFA working in the end?

well at 7am this morning my car was stolen.

anyone in the manchester area please keep an eye out / or if anyone offers the wheels please let me know - 07720844067

NO WAY mate!!!!! you must be gutted to say the least..............fingers crossed it will be found intact

well at 7am this morning my car was stolen.

anyone in the manchester area please keep an eye out / or if anyone offers the wheels please let me know - 07720844067

Ah mate, that's proper schitt! Lets find them and knee-cap the backstards!

WTF!! Holy crap :( I hope it turns up safe. Please keep us posted on whats going on!

police have been around and got a statement, just got to wait and see.

totally fucked off, as just spent the thick end of 700 quid on it since xmas including them wheels.