Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

If you hadn't already guessed.....

well.......ahem.......I've been very very foolish and made a bit of a tool of myself in the process of trying to sell my corrado........so.......well......errr......

I'VE DECIDED TO KEEP THE CORRADO!!!!!

Yes, all that talk of practical car and all that crap. i just realised the other day that I don't actually need a practical car at all!. well, certainly not £10K's worth of mk4 that I just run to work in and daren't actually take on a long journey as it does 23mpg.....I don't have kids, certainly don't want any either, and my missus has a 5 door golf country that has lpg so that's mint for holidays, shopping, towing etc etc

The solution was staring me in the face......keep the missus's old lupo 1.0E and use that as a daily driver to go to work and pick up car parts in. cheap to run, cheap tax, reliable, not bad to drive (bloody slow though!). Giving up on my mk2 track project, too much work and not enough money, so that's going. (see clubgti classifieds if anyone facies a wold track proiject. 24v v6 4motion running gear and a 3 door syncro converrted mk2 golf shell for £2000 all in)

The mk4 is being sold to a mate who has loved it since I bought it (lucky man, a factory looking but R32 sepc mk4 for £10K....bargain). that'll be sold as soon as he sells his mk4 GTI and gets the money sorted out. lovely car, seeved it's purpose well, but I just can't afford to keep that and the corrado. I know I said it's nice to have a mint car to drive daily, but at the end of the day, when you work in a shithole industrail estate like I do or commute you just need something cheap, reliable and economical, the lupo is all 3 and it's already here and mine (shame it's bright fecking green!!! proper girlie car)

so, what does that leave me with. My corrado, a multitude of wheels, another 3.2 engine, a spare 2.8 24v, my motoraport 6 speed and boxes full of bits that I was saving up for the mk2 project. stuff I've been collecting for the past 4 years. lots of VERY good quality and bloody expensive stuff....it's now all going in the corrado.......oh my :)

I won't give out full details of where the project is now going, but the sale of the leather should give you an idea........

Watch this space....some exciting pics and vids coming to this forum. I'd like to think I'm taking corrado engineering one step further by doing things no one else has.......without trying to sound too cheesy "join me on this increduble journey into the unknoen" blah blah (I'm losing the plot about now...)

Oh, and expect a new me too, I've snapped out of my mood and depression now I have some focus and some new found corrado love, so you'll have less of the moaning from now on. (I reserve the right to withdraw this statement at any given opportunity should the need arise)

I sincerely apoligise for eveything bad I ever said about corrados, it won't happen again I promise!

Am I welcome here? :?: :oops:

PS thanks to coxylaad for all the pep talks and guiding me away from Lotus Elise ownereship......cheers bud, I hope you're right!

You're allowed back, but you'll have to stand in the corner with the dunces hat on for a few hours first :lol:

Nice to hear you finally saw the light (again) :)

Surprised it took so long!

I've had my Mk4 GTI 180 a week (exactly!) and although I love the performance, economy, mint paintwork, unkerbed factory wheels, climate control, and being only the second owner - it's not the same.

But then I knew it wouldn't be (in fact, to be honest I like the Mk4 more than I expected to, my "sensible" car has turned out to be more fun than I thought :) )

You know you'll have to win big on the lottery to eclipse the Corrado :)

(was speaking to my neighbour tonight, he said his brother came down the other week in his flash Merc, parked up behind my G60 and went into the house and raved about it - apparently he'd had one from new and never lost the love :) )

Oh, and expect a new me too, I've snapped out of my mood and depression now I have some focus and some new found corrado love, so you'll have less of the moaning from now on

dont be making false promises :-) i enjoy your blunt and honest approach tbh

glad to hear it paul, its obvious your car was a labour of love and I think 'if' you sold it you'd have regreted it.

BTW - theres a pic of your car in golf+ this month, page 20. ;)

Well seeing VW have not built anything better since the Corrado was discontinued, it is the right choice. Shame about the Mk2 project, but at the end of the day there is always someone who has gone further with a Mk2. Corrado's are diferent, a bit more exclusive

We'll gladly welcome you back mate, and of course we're looking forward to seeing whats to come :)

Good luck with it all.

I saw you as a pioneer with the R32 etc,So I was surprised to see read you were pissed off with it all and Personally I am glad to read your gurned up musings every so often,The videos are always enjoyable ( like donnington )

That had everyone who has seen it here laughing...

Roy

Seems like you've sorted your head out Pau :lol: The MKIV whilst a realy nice modern sorted car was never going to give you the driving involvement you crave and in any event most journeys to work and back are far from fun and involving so economical is the way forward for the daily commute. And the green Lupo is a great colour for such a cheeky liitle car, look at Venoms 20vt. As for the Corrado with so much effort, time and money invested its great to see you recommit but I would warn against it being track/sprint orientated only, as it will get limited use and be too hard core.I would think a good looking genuinely fast road car with some track potential gives the best solotion.

good to hear Paul... It's nice when you finally realise that there's a simple easy way around any problems and that all the work you've put in hasn't been wasted...

Can't wait to see you and your car at some of the tracks next year... 8)

Hmm.........GOOD!!

I couldn't believe you were going to sell it, I tell everyone about your car. Onne of them came up to buy your mate's Oak Green MK2 the other day actually.

I hope we're thinking something along these lines...

:) - good to hear Paul but i reckon coxy had an ulterior motive and just wanted some company in the 4wd corrado owners club ;)

PS thanks to coxylaad for all the pep talks and guiding me away from Lotus Elise ownereship......cheers bud, I hope you're right!

Hey man, you know I am always right 8) Plus we still need to do the 2 r32 corrados on a trackday, and the 2 r32 corrados in a photoshoot thing :lol:

Paul shuttup - hes my friend not yours :lol:

Hey man, you know I am always right 8) Plus we still need to do the 2 r32 corrados on a trackday, and the 2 r32 corrados in a photoshoot thing :lol:

Paul shuttup - hes my friend not yours :lol:

You'll have to get it out the garage first man! :wink:

....and whats with your sig "...under construction.." or destruction :)