Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Any interest in a carbon fibre rear spoiler?

HI FORUM, DOES ANYONE KNOW THE CRACK WITH THE NUMBER PLATE PANEL REQUIRED (WHERE TO PURCHASE)WHEN PUTTING ON A NEW REAR BUMPER, RELOCATING VRN AND VRN LIGHTS????????

CHEERS DAZ.

The daddies of carbon parts!

the quality is terrible though did anyone see their bits at edition38? really bad finish. The simple bits were nice like scuttles but that because they just cut them out of a bit of carbon!

DAZ LEWIS, Welcome to the forum...

I think someone makes a blanking panel for the boot but can't remember who...

You'll need the recess off a french car and have that grafted into the bumper to do the relocation - may be best to have a look on the Golf forums for some more info as it's been done loads of times on a mk2...

the quality is terrible though did anyone see their bits at edition38? really bad finish. The simple bits were nice like scuttles but that because they just cut them out of a bit of carbon!

I will point out that they have been advertising some faulty carbon products from a power cut they had so maybe it was them?

I think someone makes a blanking panel for the boot but can't remember who...

I remember seeing one in carbon with the word 'Corrado' in raised letters a while back. I have no idea where it came from but it looked pretty damn cool.

bill---was you drunk :roll:

bill---was you drunk :roll:

I know richard and he is a very nice guy, but i've bought 2 ally bottles and a carbon bracket and they are poorly made. I feel bad about pointing this out but I paid alot from them and its just not good enough. Welding on the bottle is very good but the threads are shocking. The carbon bracket is just very bad and i can say anything constructive about it much as i'd like too. Bought this stuff 12month ago so quality may have improved.

be up for a roof skin a la m6, but i imagine it would be quite expensive??? any ideas on a rough price?

not a lcue yet, picking up the new roof skin tomorrow so I'll be able to take some pics and measurements for the guy to go off.

I'll be sending off the spolier and number plate surround shortly too

:-P

id possibly be interested in a few bits price depending phats.

missed out on a carbon bonnet a while ago at £300 :o

Neil.

lol missed this thread,, furks your bits look very nice but the bits on their stand were as lee says poorly made they are carbon yup but its just not good enough considering they want over £500 FOR THREE BOTTLES AND A FEW CARBON BITS!

i do like the look of that spoiler 8)

just trying to think of anything else...

Neil.

I was going to get a whole load of carbon doors/wings and bonnets made a couple of years ago, I managed to get a quote of 150 per wing 400 per bonnet and 800 per door/bootlid ,but only if i managed to get large enough orders ie ten of each!

I put an ad out on the performance vw site and had not one reply!! So I ditched the idea. At the time I worked closely with the company (MCT in Daventry) developing some carbon gullwing doors and other bits for a GT car I was involved with. Since then I've moved on but I know the guy who runs the place quite well, I could ask him if the quotes still apply? If I can be of any help to then please don't hesitate to ask!

Chris

I'd like a c/f spoiler - I'd have thought it'd be one of the cheeper items that could be made and there would be a decent level of interest to I guess!?!

400 per bonnet

decent price! 8) depending on finish etc...

would the spoilers fit in the same way? suppose they would have to?

Neil.