Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Any interest in a carbon fibre rear spoiler?

No, I don't mean a huge wing or irioning board on the back, I mean a spoiler exactly the same shape and size as the factory one, but made out of high gloss finished carbon fibre.

I have a contact who can make just about anything from carbon, so I'm trying to gauge some interest in what sort of parts people would want to buy, and if anyone has the said parts going spare that they'd be willing to donate to the guy in order for moulds to be made.

I can't give any prices as yet as he'd have to see the item and make at least one to know how much material and time it takes. Obviously, the more the better, as this brings the price down (group buy wouls be possible)

register you interest please.

It may do I guess, but it's made of plastic to start with, so it's not that heavy.

Whatever floats your boat I guess...

every little helps I suppose, and if the entire car is dripping with carbon fibre I would imagine the overall weight saving will be pretty big.

How about a carbo bonnet, what sort of cost do reckon would be involved. Would love one of these but £700 is the best ive been quoted.

How about a carbo bonnet, what sort of cost do reckon would be involved. Would love one of these but £700 is the best ive been quoted.

Crikey that's by far the cheapest I've heard!

the standard spoiler is very heavy for wot it is.Id go for 1 if it happens.

Carbon isnt chav,its class

Says he with a 747 wing attached lol

If someone made the full shebang of CF components - bonnet, tailgate, wings, doors then I'd consider it..... otherwise it's being done just for show and I can sew a nice cross stitch pattern into my bonnet for a lot less than £700....

If someone made the full shebang of CF components - bonnet, tailgate, wings, doors then I'd consider it..... otherwise it's being done just for show and I can sew a nice cross stitch pattern into my bonnet for a lot less than £700....

I believe Halfords sell stick-on 'carbon fibre effect' by the roll if you want Kev...

well, I'm actually considering a roof skin. seeing as mine has a HUGE and heavy aftermarket electric glass sunroof and there's no way I'm going to find new non sunroof skin for sensible money.

http://www.fiberimages.com do bonnets but I can't see how they'd be able to ship them safely.

however, if we did a group buy and they all got sent over in one super toughened crate then we could share the shipping costs?

he's mentiond a bonnet, and said for material alone, to make a "real" one it's gotta be at least £450 in material alone.

I'll ask him to sign up so he can answer your questions directly.

For things like a spoiler, yes, it'd be purely cosmetic, but for things like doors, bonnet and such, there are real, and immense weigh saving gains to be had if you're serious about tuning your corrado.

Dinkus... You don't like carbon, so don't read the thread!

I believe Halfords sell stick-on 'carbon fibre effect' by the roll if you want Kev...

OMG please tell me thats not true...

This one unlocked, the other thread is about to be blasted. I don't consider this (ab)use of my moderation powers.. I just feel that there is genuine interest and it seems a shame to let a little animosity stop something which could benefit other forum members.

Please, can we try to get along?