Sign in to follow this  
veedub

the ultimate in stupid questions!!

thanks, glad thats been cleared up, i will concentrate on the kronenbourg! BTW i thought it was something like that! Beer!!!!f

Quite agree, somewhere between 1988 & 1991.

Here it is in its full glory. Prototyped in a Scirocco and intended for the Scirocco as well but one wonders what then would have had to do the the chassis to take the power/torque.

It was a 2.4 ltr 24v affair developing 175bhp. Bad on low end pull which is why it went to 2.8/2.9ltr capacity.

Quite agree, somewhere between 1988 & 1991.

Here it is in its full glory. Prototyped in a Scirocco and intended for the Scirocco as well but one wonders what then would have had to do the the chassis to take the power/torque.

It was a 2.4 ltr 24v affair developing 175bhp. Bad on low end pull which is why it went to 2.8/2.9ltr capacity.

That would have been nuts!! :shock: :cuckoo: :D

That would have been nuts!!

Sciroccos are simply the nuts, I agree :-)

Still, too heavy an engine for the Rocco.

Tempest

It was prototyped as the RV6

Wonder how long it took before they reaslised that that sounded cr@p!

Q: what do you drive?

A: Oh, an RV

nope, your right that sounds like a crappy 4*4 with bikes strapped to the back :lol:

It was a 2.4 ltr 24v affair developing 175bhp. Bad on low end pull which is why it went to 2.8/2.9ltr capacity..

And still bad on low end pull :-) Well, the 2.9 doesn't blow up any skirts off the line....

Ironically, their second attempt at 24V delivers tonnes of bottom end!

Carpoid, it is a narrow angle V6 but the two banks are staggered and share the same head, so they class it as inline. A V traditionally means two heads.

...or a cockney saying 'harvy'

I thought it was a narrow angle V6, no ??

yup its that too! :D its a narrower angle than traditional v6's, and the pistons are 'staggered', rather than being more or less directly opposite like in other v6's, giving it the 'inline' part of its name. (bah beaten to it by kev - must learn to google image search faster!)

well thats what I understand from what i've read anyway, I'm sure someone will correct me or expend on detail!

Ironically, their second attempt at 24V delivers tonnes of bottom end!

And that's thanks to the variable inlet design, not the 24 valves! (God can you imagine how much it costs to recon the head on a 24v ..??)

Well it's a little more involved than simply slapping a variable plenum on, but it does help ;-) I'm not sure whether Jay Renshaw has the variable cam'd version of the 24V or not (and that's another factor that helps low down torque, aswell as throttle and inlet tract bore etc etc and err, etc), but his makes serious torque at 3000rpm and Phat's R32 engine spun the rollers up like it was force fed...... good engines those 24s....